Clyde vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 14:59

Just now, bullyweehutch said:

Wasn't there today but a big 3 points. Unless we win Tuesday its still all over for us. Howie being out isn't good but surely Dunachie has to slot in there Teusday night. 

What was Allan sent off for? 

First yellow was for shooting after the ref had blown for a foul. Second looked to be for a sliding challange on the dumbarton centre half, wasn't a yellow for the second.

Much more organised performance with generally most in proper positions.

keeper not much to do but looks comfortable and competent. Hamilton as ever just a class act, nice to get a clean sheet and encouraging performance. Grant and Ballantyne very comfy in the middle of the park. 

Two things for now… why bring Cameron on? 

And

If Robbie Leitch doesn’t start on Tuesday then McCall has truly lost the plot!

Cameron on instead of McGinn when King was clearly struggling at left back and needing moved up one was genuinely mind blowing.

HOWEVER

Thank f**k. Hamilton and Ballantyne were brilliant. Grant and Rennie looked good. Cuddihy at right back looked fine. Keeper didn’t have much to do but made a lovely save when he was called in to action.

A few folk around me clocked Ballantyne celebrating a block and although I missed it, absolutely love that stuff. A bit of grit and fire.

Imho a straight swap Young for Allan on Tuesday. Leitch from the start. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan

16 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Cameron on instead of McGinn when King was clearly struggling at left back and needing moved up one was genuinely mind blowing.

I thought King was fine at left back, won some good tackles and used the ball well, a massive upgrade on Lyon. Was still baffled McGinn didn’t come on at that point right enough. Cameron was honking as expected.

8 minutes ago, Elrow said:

What do you expect from Farrells pick and mix? 

Fin Gray & Tony Wallace on the bench, Pignatiello playing full back when Lynas is sat on the bench = no midfield.

It's quite incredible but unsurprising tbh 

33 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Much more organised performance with generally most in proper positions.

keeper not much to do but looks comfortable and competent. Hamilton as ever just a class act, nice to get a clean sheet and encouraging performance. Grant and Ballantyne very comfy in the middle of the park. 

Two things for now… why bring Cameron on? 

And

If Robbie Leitch doesn’t start on Tuesday then McCall has truly lost the plot!

100 %

A blind man running for a bus in the fog can see Cameron coming on was a massive downgrade.

Why sign or get on loan guys like Leitch, McGinn and leve them on the bench, while puting trust in last year's failures like Cameron and, sad to say, Scullion?

Clyde weren't exactly brilliant today, but they wanted to win more than our gang of absolute wimps. I reckon Clyde will still struggle to stay up, because every other side in the division will put up more of a fight than our mob did today (and have been for months now).

Big changes required and I have no confidence (a bit like our players, ironically) that any of them will be made. Lennon is such a weak link. He backed off for the first goal, although the 'keeper should do better from that distance, and gave away the penalty. It was very naive, he was ushered away from the ball whilst it was in the air and then needlessly and carelessly rushed into the challenge.

We have far too many boys playing against men and are so lightweight all over. Newbury had a poor 2nd half, the threat down our right wasn't utilised anywhere near enough and we offered basically no threat anywhere else on the park either.

I mentioned recently about the amount of corners and set pieces we have and never threaten from, and today was no different. Plenty balls into the box but we do nothing from them. We must be the easiest team to play against because we don't put the other team under much pressure (no pressure in many matches) and are always good to gift you a goal.

We will not finish in the play off positions  - at the top of the league anyway. The last time I felt this confident about something was just before Christmas last season when I told a few friends we would not win the league. They never understood how but I, and not the only one, was right. Farrell is a nice guy and a decent coach. Farrell, however, is a dreadful manager.

Enjoy your victory today and all the best for the reason of the season, Clyde 👍 Maybe now you guys will understand the attitude of our fans before the match.

There was a sort of inevitability about that today.  Our form has been absolutely dreadful since just before Christmas, but now 1 win in 10 I think.  It would have taken a brave person to have predicted a win for us pre-match. And so it came to pass.

Then you see our top goalscorer and most creative influence sitting on the bench.  Baffling.

Clyde absolutely deserved their win, absolutely no doubting that. But my oh my, how far have we fallen off a cliff? They were woeful and it says a lot about us that we lost the game and without a whimper too. Any side in decent form or with a jot of confidence or grit about them would have sworded Clyde today, no doubt.

The Bully Wee deserved the win, but we handed it to them on a plate with how passive we were.  We were far too slow, pedestrian, scared, indecisive, the list goes on.

It’s difficult to see where we go from here.  12 games left and 7 ahead of East Fife who won today.  It’s yet another nosedive of a season and I fear we’re not done nosediving just yet.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That Jordan Allan second booking might be one of the daftest things I've seen on a football pitch.

It was monumentally stupid, and he has previous for it. I don’t know if it’s borne of frustration having missed a couple of good chances again. He did have a good game overall though. Him and Rennie both being on yellows for so long was giving me the fear and I don’t know why one of them wasn’t subbed. 

17 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

It was monumentally stupid, and he has previous for it. I don’t know if it’s borne of frustration having missed a couple of good chances again. He did have a good game overall though. Him and Rennie both being on yellows for so long was giving me the fear and I don’t know why one of them wasn’t subbed. 

Correct.  While the challenge in itself probably wasn’t worthy of a caution, making a challenge like that, and not winning the ball, when on a booking from a honking referee, was asking for trouble.