Clyde vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 14:59

18 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Bum has achieved his win % figure mostly in League 2 with one of the biggest budgets in the division. I’d be curious to know what his win % is post November over his time with us because it must be absolutely horrific.

I don’t think Naysmith is particularly special but he has tactical knowledge, knows how to change a game and his players will run through a brick wall for him based on this season. That combined with a good enough budget will get you out of this division. Unfortunately our board are letting an absolute buffoon of a gaffer waste a good League 2 budget with no sign of it changing any time soon. 

Not going to argue with any of that

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I voted for Clyde because I always do out of superstition. However I can see it being a draw that suits neither club. So it's technically 17/17!

There's no outcome that would surprise me. Both managers will be feeling pressure to win this (McCall obviously more so). Hopefully it's a tasty encounter with loads of shithousery.

17 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Clyde are guaranteed to be playoff bound.

FTFY.

In all seriousness though, I think we are playoff-bound regardless of the upcoming results. We just need to take things one game at a time, cross our fingers that the clearly-fairly-talented new squad gel and build momentum for what will potentially be the most important games in the clubs history.

9649FBD3-BDF2-4DD9-A771-CE1E33D9CC7F.jpeg.127091634e19d98dbdc96ae44d5648af.jpeg

Why is he making it sound like we’ve just come off a huge run of 0-0s where we’ve battered every side? We scored two against Forfar no problem. It was the woeful defending that was more the issue.

Edited by FifeSons

30 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Why is he making it sound like we’ve just come off a huge run of 0-0s where we’ve battered every side? We scored two against Forfar no problem. It was the woeful defending that was more the issue.

You'll have no issues scoring tomorrow and our woeful defending will trump yours!

I'm enjoying this 'We're shitter than you' top trumps this week!

56 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Reading that stuff, people are right to be worried about AI.  That wasn't written by anyone who has been watching us recently.

55 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Reading that stuff, people are right to be worried about AI.  That wasn't written by anyone who has been watching us recently.

A bizarre narrative that he’s trying to get going. That we’ve just been so unlucky to do everything but score. I think he really believes what he’s saying, too. Cracking up a bit IMO.

And Stevie, we’ve won two in ten. It doesn’t get much more objectively poor than that.

If this ends in a draw why don't we just accept we're equally pish/doomed, merge the teams and call ourselves "Dumb Clyde FC"? Might as well combine forces to become the shit powerhouse of Scottish football? 

Resurrect Jim Duffy and bring him back in as Director of Fucking It Up.  We could maybe convince our Mystery Benefactor to build a luxury bar/restaurant on top of 'The Rock' overlooking our newly renovated Stadio 'Dumb Clyde' Olympico?

Dare to dream!

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

If this ends in a draw why don't we just accept we're equally pish/doomed, merge the teams and call ourselves "Dumb Clyde FC"? Might as well combine forces to become the shit powerhouse of Scottish football? 

Resurrect Jim Duffy and bring him back in as Director of Fucking It Up.  We could maybe convince our Mystery Benefactor to build a luxury bar/restaurant on top of 'The Rock' overlooking our newly renovated Stadio 'Dumb Clyde' Olympico?

Dare to dream!

It's been attempted before (1971 or thereabouts), although it might have been more of a takeover than a merger iirc.

9 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

It's been attempted before (1971 or thereabouts), although it might have been more of a takeover than a merger iirc.

We were never sure if it was a genuine intent at a takeover or a glorified publicity stunt by our then Chairman Robert Robertson, a man who was brilliant and barmy in equal measure.  I'm sure you have the year correct Lionel but the idea was very poorly received and quickly died a death.

Another minor link from that time was his even more stupid idea to move DFC to Cumbernauld which was I think born from frustration at trying to improve Boghead.  That was again fiercely received by the support.  Clyde of course later pitched up there as part of their odyssey.