Clyde vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 14:59

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We were never sure if it was a genuine intent at a takeover or a glorified publicity stunt by our then Chairman Robert Robertson, a man who was brilliant and barmy in equal measure.  I'm sure you have the year correct Lionel but the idea was very poorly received and quickly died a death.

Another minor link from that time was his even more stupid idea to move DFC to Cumbernauld which was I think born from frustration at trying to improve Boghead.  That was again fiercely received by the support.  Clyde of course later pitched up there as part of their odyssey.

It was reported at the time that it died a death because the Scottish league wouldn’t let Dumbarton play in the First division but would have to remain in the second. Given that the only reason for the takeover was to get in to the first division there was no point in continuing with it

6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Rennie starting and King at left back in this week's edition of McCallball roulette. Hopefully Scotrail don't cause me to miss our lightning start...

With a proper left back on the bench…

At least we don't need to endure Dunachie at full back. 

It's always bizarre how supporters view a performance totally different to a manager. McGinn appeared to be a standout against Peterhead.

I can only assume Euan Cameron is like Messi in training for him to keep getting game time. 

Started well and contained Dumbarton for the most part but we'll need to be a lot more proactive and careful with possession in the second half to see this out.

Not too bad so far but we’re letting Dumbarton back into it far too easily. Kinnear has saved a shot so he’s better than Leighfield already. Shame Kabia went off as I felt he was looking pretty dangerous. Naturally, Elgin, Stranraer, East Fife and Forfar are all winning too.