Falkirk v Montrose

4 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

After the slating the ref got earlier in this thread, he certainly done you a favour here. Red all day long.

😂 not in a million years is that a red card. 

Spencer was my man of the match, the way he dictates a game is just majestic to watch.

Thought Ross had bright sparks in the game and got himself into good positions but still want more from him. 

Shanley should have got himself at least a goal, had a good little lay off at the start of the build up to the first goal. His movement had him in a few times just needed a better touch like the one Spencer clipped over the top for him in the second half.

Tasty finish from Oliver and an even tastier nutmeg earlier in the game. 

Alexa, file that under 'should've been 10'

Easiest game we've had against Montrose since we came down

Nesbitt worthy of his MotM but everyone did well including the squad players.

Ref was just as shite as predicted. Webster very lucky Mackie didnt decide to milk his kick out at him in the first half or he could've been in trouble. 

Feels like a significant win tonight along with Saturday, 6 massive points and one hand on the title now 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Gary Oliver was excellent when he came on and deserved his goal. I actually thought Mackie was very good, as was Ross. Happy days! 

Players can just slip into the side as we have suitable replacements all over the park. Good recruitment Mr McGlynn 

I didn't think that game was quite as easy as everyone else it seems. I thought Montrose stood off us at the start and were punished but after that I thought they were competitive and worked hard making things difficult for us.

We were fairly comfortable really at 2 up though with Hogarth only really making 1 save and Montrose just trying to get set pieces goals. I think we needed an excellent performance from nesbitt to give us an effective out against their pressing and to help us dictate the play however.

His performance for me tonight shows exactly why the manager loves him and why he won the players player of the year least season. 

Played really well,  should have been a lot more, Morrison could have had a hat trick just doing the the simple thing of hitting the target, not bursting the net or going for the near post and McIver thinking he’s Messi instead of giving the ball to any of the 3 players in a better position. 

The Goalie again, produces good reaction saves, but any time he has to think, he’s a real liability. That time the ball went into the night sky was his to catch all day long, you see him panicking and in the end does a limp-wristed punch. 

Minor complaints in the grand scheme of things.

9 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

Played really well,  should have been a lot more, Morrison could have had a hat trick just doing the the simple thing of hitting the target, not bursting the net or going for the near post and McIver thinking he’s Messi instead of giving the ball to any of the 3 players in a better position. 

The Goalie again, produces good reaction saves, but any time he has to think, he’s a real liability. That time the ball went into the night sky was his to catch all day long, you see him panicking and in the end does a limp-wristed punch. 

Minor complaints in the grand scheme of things.

He's his father's son for sure.

I'm not having anyone having a pop at Sean Mackie tonight. Given how little football he has played, he put in a right good shift and could barely walk off the park at the end. No doubt he was rusty but to get an assist like that was surely more than any of us should have expected.

Overall a comfortable win. Nae luck the Montrose defence having to deal with Miller and McIver coming off the bench, and fair play to Gary Oliver with a really lovely finish. 

Another very solid win while rotating some key players. Game reminded me of Saturday when we came out flying then took the foot off the pedal a bit.

Montrose were decent in possession and had plenty of it but pretty toothless up front. 

We were pretty wasteful again in front of goal and lacked composure at times. That's why it's good to see Oliver come on and score the quality goal he did, no panic, the pass was slightly behind him but instead he cut inside nicely and curled the ball beyond the keeper, it was what we had been crying out for. 

Some team is going to get absolutely pumped (by six goals or more) before the season ends if we can convert some more of the ample chances we create.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Another very solid win while rotating some key players. Game reminded me of Saturday when we came out flying then took the foot off the pedal a bit.

Montrose were decent in possession and had plenty of it but pretty toothless up front. 

We were pretty wasteful again in front of goal and lacked composure at times. That's why it's good to see Oliver come on and score the quality goal he did, no panic, the pass was slightly behind him but instead he cut inside nicely and curled the ball beyond the keeper, it was what we had been crying out for. 

Some team is going to get absolutely pumped (by six goals or more) before the season ends if we can convert some more of the ample chances we create.

Hopefully it’s Cove.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

I didn't think that game was quite as easy as everyone else it seems. I thought Montrose stood off us at the start and were punished but after that I thought they were competitive and worked hard making things difficult for us.

We were fairly comfortable really at 2 up though with Hogarth only really making 1 save and Montrose just trying to get set pieces goals. I think we needed an excellent performance from nesbitt to give us an effective out against their pressing and to help us dictate the play however.

His performance for me tonight shows exactly why the manager loves him and why he won the players player of the year least season. 

IMG_4962.jpeg