St Mirren V St Johnstone 24th February

10 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I would prefer Taylor replacing Dunne and Bolton replacing Fraser. 

That’s not happening. 

I'm with you and would prefer this too. I like Taylor. Yes, he's a bit gung-ho at times but I think he's a better player overall. Would also prefer (because of the nature of our league) three big centre backs - two of whom can also go up and cause bother at set pieces.

As you say, it isn't happening though because the manager wants to play the vice-captain to the point of putting him on his "wrong side" of the three.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Today may suit Olusanya as from what i've seen of St J, their defence isnt the quickest.

If they come and sit in, as they probably will because Levein is the most negative f**k whoever managed in Scottish football, that won't suit him. He needs acres of space to run into.

However, if we get a goal and IF they open up to try to get into it, then he could have a lot of joy as a sub for the reasons you mention.

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm with you and would prefer this too. I like Taylor. Yes, he's a bit gung-ho at times but I think he's a better player overall. Would also prefer (because of the nature of our league) three big centre backs - two of whom can also go up and cause bother at set pieces.

As you say, it isn't happening though because the manager wants to play the vice-captain to the point of putting him on his "wrong side" of the three.

Taylor’s range of passing is terrific and in my opinion makes up for his occasional brainfart.

Dunne’s range of passing (in his mind is terrific, but in reality) is absolutely honking. The only redeeming asset Dunne has is pace and Taylor isn’t exactly a slouch. 
I haven’t understood Dunne starting ahead of Taylor in Bolton’s absence. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If they come and sit in, as they probably will because Levein is the most negative f**k whoever managed in Scottish football, that won't suit him. He needs acres of space to run into.

However, if we get a goal and IF they open up to try to get into it, then he could have a lot of joy as a sub for the reasons you mention.

Theres no "if", we will sit deep and try and reduce all the space, even if you go ahead we'll wait until the last 20-25 minutes to get more expansive.

Feckin’ Franchise AllStar 2012 Revival Show at home today too. Pish. Decisions, decisions. Braehead early for a MacDonalds? Go the backroads over the Erskine Bridge? Call Putin asking him to nuke Govan at 1pm? Fcuk it. Where’s the phone.

32 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The manager explained this at the recent Q & A.

Apparently the stats show that Fraser makes less mistakes in there than both Taylor and Dunne.

With Bolton being such an excellent option at right CH, it makes sense.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Feckin’ Franchise AllStar 2012 Revival Show at home today too. Pish. Decisions, decisions. Braehead early for a MacDonalds? Go the backroads over the Erskine Bridge? Call Putin asking him to nuke Govan at 1pm? Fcuk it. Where’s the phone.

Aw f**k, hadn’t considered that. Coming straight from work too.

Edited by PSJ.84

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It’s not that bad on the M8 when the cheeks are at home. I’ve got to go through the city to get to Paisley and I don’t think I’ve been held up by much when they’re playing. It’s worse when they’re playing us at home. 

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It's not going to be 4-4-2. Robinson isn't playing left wing. 

It'll be Matt Smith at right wing back and 3-5-2. That's exactly what they did in the second half on Sunday. 

That would mean K. Smith in centre mid, assuming 5-3-2.  Not that that's impossible.  K. Smith at RWB seems most likely or possibly even playing Robinson or Gallacher there.