Who is the smallest club to have played in The Championship

Who's the smallest club to have played in The Championship?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

There are no "small clubs" or "big clubs".

Club size is a myth perpetuated by obese perma-losers who have no prospects so need to draw consolation from the delusion that they support a "big club".

^Supports a small club. 

Gretna - are they the same team as Gretna 2008?  Must be if Rangers are surely.........

Went for Stranraer.   Place reminds me of Finport in Still game - deid full of old folk and neds.  Nothing going on but the ferries.  Arse end of the country.  Tinpot wee town and a support that makes East Fife look huge.

Size of club is quite a hard thing to measure objectively, but if we were to base it on a combination of fanbase & historical achievements then I would probably go for Cove as being the smallest.

If you are including former league champions Dumbarton on this list then it should probably have Queens Park on it too.  Also a bit strange to see Ayr & Airdrie on there too unless it is a wind-up.

edit - I just cast my vote and see Gretna in the lead.  I discounted them from consideration because they actually made it to the top flight(albeit barely managing to fulfil all their fixtures) & a Scottish cup final - something many of the other contenders have not achieved.

Edited by Vril

Gretna, they were an absolute nonentity who were catapulted up the leagues by a millionaire wanting to play fantasy football.  Cove are probably similar but at least they’ve put in a passable ground (mud bath aside). Brechin certainly the worst in recent years must have beaten an absolute Diddy squad to get up here.