⚫️⚪️Ayr vs Thistle🔴🟡 - Tuesday 27th February 2024

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Btw what happened in the away end? Folk around me were speculating that someone needed medical attention but from the SRE you couldn’t make anything out. 

Yeah, it was exactly that. Apparently walked away with the medical staff so hopefully all is well.

How did we win that game? Partick created far more chances and we scored with every effort on goal. In the second half we couldn’t hold on to the ball for more than 30 seconds, awful stuff, exciting but awful. We are seriously still in the mire too many very, very average players in our squad. 

You really don’t have to be good at all to win games in this league. It just sorta happens.

Only thoughts are McHugh looked decent and our change to 5 at the back changed precisely nothing.

Also Brian Graham😂🫵🏻IMG_5933.jpeg.c49d4cc1d09d422e59e5b966b4253ef7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Yeah, it was exactly that. Apparently walked away with the medical staff so hopefully all is well.

Hope the person involved got home okay. 

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Not convinced that 40 will be enough considering that everyone is dropping points to everyone. The next four games are tantalising though. It's been pointed out that over the same period Partick have got a pretty horrible fixture list, which gives Brown a potential opening for the unthinkable.

The PPG of the current coaches would leave the table like this at the end of the season.  

Dundee United (2.04) - 73

Raith Rovers (2.04) - 73

Partick Thistle (1.52) - 55

Ayr United (2.25) - 55

Greenock Morton (1.48) - 53

Queen's Park FC (1.86) - 49

Airdrieonians (1.29) - 46

Dunfermline Athletic (1.16) - 41

Inverness Caledonian Thistle (1.30) - 40

Arbroath (0.43) - 25

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Tomi Adeloye, Kerr McInroy, Ian McCall before subsequently getting relegated in the same season, a bunch of advertising hoardings where there should be a fourth stand: your boys took a hell of a beating!

Kerr McInroy getting subbed immediately after whipping in a set piece that was just inches away from Jack Sanders getting the vital touch into his own net was a massive relief 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Btw what happened in the away end? Folk around me were speculating that someone needed medical attention but from the SRE you couldn’t make anything out. 

That was an extremely worrying moment when that elderly fella was on the ground. He was eventually taken away in a wheelchair so hopefully he can be make a full recovery. However, I feared the worst when the Jags banner was taken down and placed around the area while he was being treated. The lack of urgency shown by the medical staff was shocking and the man could have died whilst they sauntered to the incident in their own time. Also, in light of the reaction from Jags fans, I thought the referee could have halted the game for five minutes to ascertain what was going on. It was distasteful that the game was allowed to continue when a fan was possibly fighting for his life.

41 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Saw an ambulance with blue lights come to the ground just before the end, hopefully a precaution

28 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

That was an extremely worrying moment when that elderly fella was on the ground. He was eventually taken away in a wheelchair so hopefully he can be make a full recovery. However, I feared the worst when the Jags banner was taken down and placed around the area while he was being treated. The lack of urgency shown by the medical staff was shocking and the man could have died whilst they sauntered to the incident in their own time. Also, in light of the reaction from Jags fans, I thought the referee could have halted the game for five minutes to ascertain what was going on. It was distasteful that the game was allowed to continue when a fan was possibly fighting for his life.

Watching on telly it seemed like the ref started it then stopped at the booing to come to the touchline and spoke to both managers and I'd assume someone from the Polis / medical team then once they all agreed it was OK he started again.    Not like me to stick up for refs but other than make a massive scene of running up to check on the fan who wasn't well I'm not sure what else he could personally have done 

Edited by Hursty

Ayr have uploaded the full match to our YouTube for some reason, fair warning if you seek it out that the sound is absolutely horrific.  

20 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

Pretty sure this is standard procedure for all in the field medics.

Honestly beside myself that the club actually charges people to listen to a stream where the audio is of comparable quality to Alexander Graham Bell holding his new invention up to a cat being drowned in a bath.

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ayr have uploaded the full match to our YouTube for some reason, fair warning if you seek it out that the sound is absolutely horrific.  

Some folk might get lucky and Callum just sounds really static-y so you have to put it on mute 

Just now, Hursty said:

Some folk might get lucky and Callum just sounds really static-y so you have to put it on mute

In fairness the audio stroboscope effect that sounded like Callum was absolutely correct about the first Thistle goal.

Commentators also correct that even a McGinty punt is a different creature now to what it was for so long, even if it would have been nice for the camera to actually track it for the allegedly sublime flick-on Bryden gave it for the third.

It was hard to tell what went on for a lot of the goals from The Railway End but assumed they were incredibly soft - having skimmed the Ayr YouTube, they were indeed incredibly soft. 

Slow to react and positionally poor from a few players for the first too. Muirhead and Stewart slow to react for the third. Stewart has to be saving the fourth too, though obviously it was also a clanger from McBeth.