⚫️⚪️Ayr vs Thistle🔴🟡 - Tuesday 27th February 2024

53 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

That was an extremely worrying moment when that elderly fella was on the ground. He was eventually taken away in a wheelchair so hopefully he can be make a full recovery. However, I feared the worst when the Jags banner was taken down and placed around the area while he was being treated. The lack of urgency shown by the medical staff was shocking and the man could have died whilst they sauntered to the incident in their own time. Also, in light of the reaction from Jags fans, I thought the referee could have halted the game for five minutes to ascertain what was going on. It was distasteful that the game was allowed to continue when a fan was possibly fighting for his life.

First Aiders are always told to walk to an incident rather than run. Presume it's in case they fall on their way or some health and safety crap like that. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

First Aiders are always told to walk to an incident rather than run. Presume it's in case they fall on their way or some health and safety crap like that. 

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not exactly safety crap mate, there's legitimate reasons for doing it. Scene safety or something like that it's called from what I can remeber

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not exactly safety crap mate, there's legitimate reasons for doing it. Scene safety or something like that it's called from what I can remeber

Safety crap in regards that a brisk walk would be sufficient. It riles fans up to see first aiders strolling to an incident due to "reasons" as they think the FA aren't giving a shit. Just wish people realised that there is as you say legitimate reasons for it 

1 hour ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

The lack of urgency shown by the medical staff was shocking and the man could have died whilst they sauntered to the incident in their own time.

Medical personnel famously do not give a shit about people dying.

They should make people solve some sort of block puzzle or other test before going through the away turnstiles in order to weed out those whose IQs can comfortably be counted on their fingers and toes.

3 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Yeah, it was exactly that. Apparently walked away with the medical staff so hopefully all is well.

Was taken away in a  medical chair and ambulance called 

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I mean, you know we’re currently still ahead of Morton? 

Indeed. Doesn't mean that we can't enjoy Partick having a terrible time😀.

Also, starting a sentence with 'I mean,.....' Red dot material.

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not exactly safety crap mate, there's legitimate reasons for doing it. Scene safety or something like that it's called from what I can remember 

Well put it this way - they’re no good to anyone if they fall on their arse and hurt themselves on the way there.

probably similar to blowing up your own life vest first before helping others 

The actual process could be a bit better for things like this. The game could have been paused sooner. the fact that the fans were being ignored completely, including our own bench, was a strange one.

our subs were there a knew what was going on, they ran back round to the bench. The bench didn’t really react like try to speak to the officials. They did EVENTUALLY after legit 5mins+ of everyone saying pause the game. The ref was completely oblivious to this, how I will never know. We were playing the game as this was unfolding.

Brown was moaning about it too and questioning why we were pausing the game. I have no idea the protocol for this type of stuff but it seemed a bit of a poor show from most of the folk involved. Doesn’t seem very organised. 

Stewart the Thistle keeper also looked like he was shouting at our own fans about something. 

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

Medical personnel famously do not give a shit about people dying.

They should make people solve some sort of block puzzle or other test before going through the away turnstiles in order to weed out those whose IQs can comfortably be counted on their fingers and toes.

Your sarcasm's hilarious Thumper, but way out of line. I hope you can still see the funny side if you're ever unfortunate enough to  collapse to the ground and are perhaps minutes from death. Ayr Utd should be reviewing the events of last night to hopefully improve the response to this incident.

23 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

I hope you can still see the funny side if you're ever unfortunate enough to  collapse to the ground and are perhaps minutes from death.

Do you go out and throw bricks at ambulances that you don't feel are driving fast enough as well?

3 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Brown was moaning about it too and questioning why we were pausing the game. I have no idea the protocol for this type of stuff but it seemed a bit of a poor show from most of the folk involved. Doesn’t seem very organised.

Literally the only place I've ever seen a medical situation being dealt with promptly and without any confusion is in a mosh pit. Unfortunately most football fans (especially the one currently suggesting that the paramedics were waiting for this poor person to die) make for poorer crowds.

Edited by Thumper

That's just an inane comment. Did you see the incident?

The point I'm making is that the initial response, from a guy I presumed to be the security supervisor, was excellent. A review would perhaps highlight that he should have a way of letting the medical team know that this is a serious call out and requires some urgency.

Just whilst we’re on the subject, did Brian Graham receive any medical treatment for the absolute heads gone he had at full time and any time an Ayr player had the audacity to challenge him for a header? 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Just whilst we’re on the subject, did Brian Graham receive any medical treatment for the absolute heads gone he had at full time and any time an Ayr player had the audacity to challenge him for a header? 

Was just away to post that there wasn’t enough mention of the tremendous egg on his face about 30 seconds after he was milking the equaliser in front of the SRE. Glorious.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Was just away to post that there wasn’t enough mention of the tremendous egg on his face about 30 seconds after he was milking the equaliser in front of the SRE. Glorious.

Lawless and McMillan also making an absolute tit of themselves in the same manner. Graham apparently booted the ball into the SRE at full time and then trudged off away down the tunnel. 

26 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe Esq said:

That's just an inane comment. Did you see the incident?

The point I'm making is that the initial response, from a guy I presumed to be the security supervisor, was excellent. A review would perhaps highlight that he should have a way of letting the medical team know that this is a serious call out and requires some urgency.

The security supervisors have radio contact with First Aiders. As soon as they report a medical incident through the radio it's then up to the First Aiders to respond. I know they always ask the "nature" of the problem, probably to see what equipment they need and the urgency. No need to rush there for someone with a tiny cut in their finger for example 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He's a stupid looking c**t.

Perfectly fair having some fun at Graham and Thistle's expense, but we all know that if it wasn't for his extreme desire to win, win even the smallest of battles, he wouldn't be the league's top scorer and probably would have retired a few years back.

He's an excellent panto villian who makes the Championship a more interesting (and slightly higher quality) place. It will be a loss for Scottish football when he does hang up the boots.

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Perfectly fair having some fun at Graham and Thistle's expense, but we all know that if it wasn't for his extreme desire to win, win even the smallest of battles, he wouldn't be the league's top scorer and probably would have retired a few years back.

He's an excellent panto villian who makes the Championship a more interesting (and slightly higher quality) place. It will be a loss for Scottish football when he does hang up the boots.

What Percent Brown Nose Are You?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lawless and McMillan also making an absolute tit of themselves in the same manner. Graham apparently booted the ball into the SRE at full time and then trudged off away down the tunnel. 

Aye booted it at full pelt right into the middle from close range as well. Should be an immediate booking imo could’ve hit any old bugger in their 80s or a young kid.

There’s passion then there’s being an utter dickhead which Graham regularly proves himself to be.

58 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I don’t think there’s anyone playing in the Championship that would be a loss to Scottish football should they stop playing. I’m quite enjoying what he’s doing in the woman’s game though.