⚫️⚪️Ayr vs Thistle🔴🟡 - Tuesday 27th February 2024

We did well to get back in the game then chuck it away. McBeth cheaply gave the ball away but he looked dead out there and Stanway should’ve been on then the Ayr boy passed one to Stewart at approximately 3mph and the diddy dives out the way.

4 goals conceded to 4 shots on target is criminal. We need to change things up at the back and bring Mitchell in.

Edited by Reid

I didn't get a good look at the winner on the stream, but did think we scored 3 goals and the Ayr goalie made 2 or 3 great saves on top of that, and I don't remember Stewart making any kind of save at all , though he had no chance with the first 2.

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We're top scorers in the league, and have conceded 12 more goals than the team in 9th. Yet it's not entertaining?

Thats quite an incredible set of statistics and could only be served up by Thistle. 

Missed two of our goals. First to the shite stream, and the last after I rage booted a foam ball across my living room after Particks third and put the tv off in a huff. My heart rate resembling crypto exchange rates. 

Fwiw, thought Partick deserved something out of the game. They ran riot in the second half. Adeloye should’ve scored two, but skied from 2 yards out. Basically the same as he was at Ayr. 

Our keeper was great. Sanders was keich. McAllister was excellent. Willoughby and mchugh looked good, and Tomlinson aint a defender. 

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Did not enjoy a single second of that game of association football. Fitbit had my heart rate at about 140bpm in that last 10 minutes ffs.

You felt alive though, I bet? I had to watch a grainy stream on my phone.

That is a massive win for us. There was a real nervousness in that second half from the players and fans and in normal circumstances Partick would’ve grabbed a fourth. We showed a lot of character to make sure we got the winner. We also played with a real edge tonight and didn’t allow ourselves to be bullied. 

I always feel we will create something.   Doolan could make a choice to spend all his training sessions just drilling the defence to death.  However, if no one is going to take responsibility during the game, it's pointless.  The players should be sorting this out themselves.

11 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Doolan is out of his depth.

You really do just march around every thread with your “the end is nigh” pish don’t you. If ever, and I doubt you will, have a party - please don’t invite me. As an Ayr fan, when your financial implosion happened (ish), I was delighted. Thought, well thats one of the bottom two places occupied. Doolan may not be the messiah but he is far from a naughty boy. That said, if you do have a party, I’m up for it. Love a party me.

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

A lot to be really pleased about in that performance despite some calamitous individual errors at various points of the game.

A lot more fight in the team than I can remember for a while. The keeper made some ridiculous saves. Did well to see the game out second time round after we got the winner. It was nervy but they got it over line. 

That result sets us up for a huge month of fixtures. If we manage to avoid defeat at Dunfermline and Inverness (hopefully a win in at least 1 of them) we'll be in a great spot. 

Target has to be safety secured before Easter

Tense stuff, we usually fold under that pressure, fair play to the team sticking in.

McAllister was decent tonight, credit where it is due, although felt the right hand side could've cut out the cross for Adeloye
Sanders hasnt been great the past two games, I wonder if Brown sticks or twists at Dunfermline?
The new boys McHugh, Willoughby & Clarke all contributed positively, pleasing.
When was the last time Bryden played a full 90 minutes? Did a job.

Reflecting on the match, we were not good.  We just constructed 4 attacks fairly well and they melted.  I'm sure that Brown, while happy with the win, will not be happy we had to score 4 to win the match.  

2 wins and a couple draws and that'll be us locked in for next season now.  Think we will be fine. 

Edited by itzdrk

9 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You really do just march around every thread with your “the end is nigh” pish don’t you. If ever, and I doubt you will, have a party - please don’t invite me. As an Ayr fan, when your financial implosion happened (ish), I was delighted. Thought, well thats one of the bottom two places occupied. Doolan may not be the messiah but he is far from a naughty boy. That said, if you do have a party, I’m up for it. Love a party me.

Do you want a party or not. Make up your mind. Your indecision is as bad as the Thistle defence.

Not convinced that 40 will be enough considering that everyone is dropping points to everyone. The next four games are tantalising though. It's been pointed out that over the same period Partick have got a pretty horrible fixture list, which gives Brown a potential opening for the unthinkable.