Raith Morton: let's be having you!

28 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Just watched the highlights there. Safe to say the penalty decisions have evened themselves out.

Other than that, well done to Raith TV for getting 5 mins worth of footage.

Well  showing that weak penalty shout 3 times dragged it out a bit.

Much better sense from last night how Morton draw you into their game. They are physical sure but their press and intensity on the second ball is miles ahead of any team I've seen.

Noticed Imrie first to shout to the ref to stop play for Murrays head nock. He didn't stop play but Dougies heart of gold was there to be seen. 

Happy with the point and wouldn't fancy playing them in a play off. 

Top 4 pretty well defined now unless someone caves in. Thistle better get their act together with Dundee united up next!

Missed last night so was keen to see the stonewall pen, feck me, Raith fans are having a laugh claiming that.

Strapps arm is completely by his side and doesn't move it towards the ball at all, never a pen and glad the ref agreed.

12 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

Apparently Andy Millen and John Potter were at one another, rather heatedly at the top of the stairs as folk were exiting - one can only assume it’s regarding Ross’ exclusion from the squad. 

I hope when my laddie is 29 I don't have to fight his battles

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Was prob the highlight of the game to be fair. I think it's a penalty all day long under current handball rules but them's the breaks.

Under the current rules we should probably have had a penalty each for handballs yes, but neither are intentional and I hate to see daft handballs in the box like them given so no complaints from me on either incident. A few needless bookings aside the referee actually had a very good game.

On the penalty, it actually looks like the ref was pointing to his stomach to indicate he didn't give it because he thought it didn't hit the arm.  In my opinion, it should've been a penalty and I'd say the same if it had been at the other end.  

Overall, I think Morton were very well organised and really nullified most of our attacking options.  Easton had 2 on him every time and really struggled to create anything.

The pressing from Morton forced us into playing too many long balls and there was very little support for Hamilton.  I actually thought he did really well up against a couple of decent, defenders.  He won more than his fair share of headers but with little end result.  He'll probably be sore this morning as the defenders got pretty physical with him due to losing so many aerial battles.  No issue with that though as that what they should be doing and I'd want Watson and Murray to do the same.

Neither team played particularly well and a draw was probably a fair result.  There were a couple of spells (particularly towards the end of the first half) where we started passing the ball around and looked like we might get some joy but Morton managed to get their press organised again and it came to nothing.

With United losing it would be easy to see it as 2 points dropped, but we never really looked like scoring so I'm seeing it as a point gained on them instead.

1 minute ago, Mr Toon said:

Ian Murray post match was very reasonable in his comments and managed to refrain from the daft comments of the past. A welcome change.

I really want someone to post an example of Ian Murray's daft comments from the past.  I listened to both if his post-match interviews from games against Morton again yesterday and he said nothing bad about them. 

Clearly, something has been said or done at some point though as Imrie was at them all night.  I didn't see it but am told that he was standing staring at our players during the warm up then started pointing and shouting at Murray when he came out.  I did then see him go straight to our dugout and start doing the same before kick-off. 

35 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Was prob the highlight of the game to be fair. I think it's a penalty all day long under current handball rules but them's the breaks.

Under which part of the current handball guidance is it 'a penalty all day long'?

Edited by Jamie_M

14 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

Ian Murray post match was very reasonable in his comments and managed to refrain from the daft comments of the past. A welcome change.

Maybe Imrie should take note. But that would involve knowing how to write.

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Murray has clearly got Imrie extremely rattled. Given that’s no wins in 3 for Morton v The Rovers he should probably try being less rattled. 

Aye mate imrie’s rattled beyond belief, after going from bottom of the table to 1 point behind 3rd, in the quarter finals of the Scottish cup & hammer throwing their way to 16 games unbeaten 

Can safely say Imrie is currently the most unrattled manager in the league 

I watched the whole match and am perplexed by some of the characterizations of Morton’s play. Were they physical, oh yes…were they dirty, on whole, no…should we have had a penalty, probably…was it a “bad” game of football, no, it was two very well drilled sides who struggled, and failed, to break down each others defence. Morton play a very fast and hard pressing game, much like Airdrie, and these two sides have caused us trouble in each match this year. We had several passages of play with a series of passes, and then finally Easton attempting to cut in and cross, without success, and later Mullin launched a couple of crosses, but from deeper than usual, without success. Morton’s defenders played well and stayed organized, and as a result we had no success getting into the Morton penalty area. Our attackers should have fired a few more shots like JBrown’s early effort, and tried to draw the defenders out a little more to increase space for our forward(s).

Conversely, our defenders did a good job of neutralizing Jai and Robbie, and our midfield competed well with theirs. It wasn’t a beautiful game, it was a hard played match against a very in form team that played to their strengths, which are well configured to cause us trouble. Dougie has a schtick that works for him and he continued throughout the match.

On the whole, I would say there was one “dirty” play, and that was missed by the official. The rest of the match was played by two sides with players who are not afraid to be physical, and was pretty even. A good, not great, point, and good luck to Morton next Tuesday.

33 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Aye mate imrie’s rattled beyond belief, after going from bottom of the table to 1 point behind 3rd, in the quarter finals of the Scottish cup & hammer throwing their way to 16 games unbeaten 

Can safely say Imrie is currently the most unrattled manager in the league 

Spent his pre-match interview talking about us, then spent 90 minutes shouting at Ian Murray, was being held back from him at full time and then had an argument with John Potter after the game. Sounds like he’s pretty rattled to me. 

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Spent his pre-match interview talking about us, then spent 90 minutes shouting at Ian Murray, was being held back from him at full time and then had an argument with John Potter after the game. Sounds like he’s pretty rattled to me. 

Passion bro Dougie#1 

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Spent his pre-match interview talking about us,

Fake news

spent 90 minutes shouting at Ian Murray

Fake news

Then had an argument with John Potter after the game

Refer to: 

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

John Potter is a baldy banger.

14 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

The part where he controls it with his arm in the box.

Which, if it even did, isn't enough. Want to try that again? You are the one that referenced the current handball rules.