Raith Morton: let's be having you!

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Spent his pre-match interview talking about us, then spent 90 minutes shouting at Ian Murray, was being held back from him at full time and then had an argument with John Potter after the game. Sounds like he’s pretty rattled to me. 

Some folk go fishing to pass the time..... The Gaffer's sport is winding-up fermers.

The State GIF by Paramount+ 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Murray has clearly got Imrie extremely rattled. Given that’s no wins in 3 for Morton v The Rovers he should probably try being less rattled. 

He's been like that all season. Even before the first game Imrie was claiming we were "making a big noise" over the summer. I  can't recall Murray being disrespectful to Morton in any interviews before or after games. 

49 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Which, if it even did, isn't enough. Want to try that again? You are the one that referenced the current handball rules.

Yes it did, and yes it is.

As I've said though, not worth grumbling on and on about. These things happen and tend to even themselves out over time.

17 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Yes it did, and yes it is.

As I've said though, not worth grumbling on and on about. These things happen and tend to even themselves out over time.

Well if it was a pen aye, which it quite clearly wasn't.

Right.

Both teams pretty pish!

Rovers need to keep the ball on the deck more, long and high balls ain't it! It's not quite anti-football but it's horrid to watch.

Now teams that repeatedly foul to break down opposition attacks and employ a similar long ball game, then trump it by again, again and again having a long throw expert taking his own sweet time to stroll the width of the park to deliver his (very good) shy is not fun to watch.

A poor advert for football all round. I don't blame Imrie (it'd be like blaming a dog for being a dog) nor do I blame the Morton team, they are effective in what they do, you play to your strengths even if it is awful to watch. Who I do blame Ian Murray, both for his set up and selection, we were poor and deserved no more than we got, a draw flattered both sides if it was possible to award no points at all for a game this would have been a nae pointer!

I talked to a Morton supporter post game who told me that was Mortons worst performance in weeks if not all season, I was glad for him as it'd be soul destroying if it wasn't.

21 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Right.

Both teams pretty pish!

Rovers need to keep the ball on the deck more, long and high balls ain't it! It's not quite anti-football but it's horrid to watch.

Easier said than done when a team close us down quickly and don’t give us time or space to get a passing game going. Morton are very effective at doing this and when teams do it well it makes things difficult. We like to play passing football. Earlier this season, at the end of October, the Pars took the same approach and also nearly drew 0-0, but came unstuck when Stanton scored in the 93rd minute.

Edited by Scary Bear

28 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Right.

Both teams pretty pish!

Now teams that repeatedly foul to break down opposition attacks and employ a similar long ball game, then trump it by again, again and again having a long throw expert taking his own sweet time to stroll the width of the park to deliver his (very good) shy is not fun to watch.

A poor advert for football all round. I don't blame Imrie (it'd be like blaming a dog for being a dog) nor do I blame the Morton team, they are effective in what they do, you play to your strengths even if it is awful to watch. Who I do blame Ian Murray, both for his set up and selection, we were poor and deserved no more than we got, a draw flattered both sides if it was possible to award no points at all for a game this would have been a nae pointer!

I talked to a Morton supporter post game who told me that was Mortons worst performance in weeks if not all season, I was glad for him as it'd be soul destroying if it wasn't.

I would say 16 unbeaten answers your last sentence quite easily.

Not sure why Imrie was so angry at full time, looking back the match replay on Raith TV he's going fucking mental at Murray for something, and they were in each others face at the start of the match as well.  

Can only assume there's bad blood behind the scenes.  The games have had a wee bit of needle, but nothing wild.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Ever see him again tell him he’s talking out his farter 

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Not sure why Imrie was so angry at full time, looking back the match replay on Raith TV he's going fucking mental at Murray for something, and they were in each others face at the start of the match as well.  

Nothing serious, just two managers arguing about which brand of polish they use to keep their manager of the month awards shiny.

4 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Right Morton.  We kept our end of the bargain - to keep your unbeaten run going.  Now you keep yours and beat Utd eh?

The potential incentive of getting Goodwin fired is motivation enough.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I'm quite enjoying the Goodwin era actually. Some enjoyable dummy-spitting so far and 4 points from a possible 6 at Tannadice. Would happily go another season of it should we stay down this year.

4 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Right Morton.  We kept our end of the bargain - to keep your unbeaten run going.  Now you keep yours and beat Utd eh?

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

We'll do our best.

Now, now, no backtracking!

44 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

18 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

I'm quite enjoying the Goodwin era actually. Some enjoyable dummy-spitting so far and 4 points from a possible 6 at Tannadice. Would happily go another season of it should we stay down this year.

That would disappoint me. Prefer he stays to seasons end or longer, purely for the show and enlightened self interest.

6 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

We sworded them at Tannadice, I see no reason (barring our worrying injury list just now) that we shouldn’t pull off another result. We’re now in the unprecedented situation of having a gentlemanly Raith Rovers supporter encouraging us to beat United, along with equally polite Ayr, Airdrie and Pars supporters on the Ton vs. Caley match thread all rooting for us to hammer the teuchters on Saturday. The outpouring of Morton love gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. 💙🤍💙🤍💙

Edited by Chippyminton
Added more hearts to celebrate this momentous event in our history.

5 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

We sworded them at Tannadice, I see no reason (barring our worrying injury list just now) that we shouldn’t pull off another result. We’re now in the unprecedented situation of having a gentlemanly Raith Rovers supporter encouraging us to beat United, along with equally polite Ayr, Airdrie and Pars supporters on the Ton vs. Caley match thread all rooting for us to hammer the teuchters on Saturday. The outpouring of Morton love gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. 💙🤍💙🤍💙

Does it aye?... well check what they're hiding behind their backs.

Horror Film Movie GIF by Unearthed Films