Raith Morton: let's be having you!

Just now, grumswall said:

Hamilton had to start this one as quite simply, he's our best player in the air in both boxes. 3 games in 6 days as well so can see the logic with bringing in the players Murray has. 

Aye, I get the notion of squad rotation and was obvious that Smith and Connolly were being saved for this on Saturday,  at the same time I'm not sure Hamilton and Smith is going to work that well. Hoping I'm just ignorant tbqfhwy

2 hours ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Hopefully start Zakko and Jacko up top and we out hammer throw them in a longball fest.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Please don't. 

2 hours ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

You think one of them should be riding the pine?

As long as we've got Dabbers goaltending we've got a chance tonight.

Nah, Dabbo.

Thought Oakley might have made but no use taking the risk if he's not 100%

Mullen seemed to struggle with his kick outs late in the game against Airdrie. Hope again it's only a case of not risking him.

McDonald is a great keeper to bring in but he's been out for a while with injury, so slight concern there.

But Robbie and Shug are back so not all doom and gloom

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Ticket uptake has been good. Only about 40 tickets left in the South Stand. Decent amount coming through from Greenock as well by looks of it. 

Tonight's travelling support has undeniably been swelled by the £10 ticket offer. Good call by Rovers IMO - and good to see clubs taking this kind of initiative.

Edited by Chippyminton

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Thought Oakley might have made but no use taking the risk if he's not 100%

Mullen seemed to struggle with his kick outs late in the game against Airdrie. Hope again it's only a case of not risking him.

McDonald is a great keeper to bring in but he's been out for a while with injury, so slight concern there.

But Robbie and Shug are back so not all doom and gloom

Jamie’s a good call for you as he’ll probably feel he wants to prove something,

19 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

I had noticed that too, injured or dropped?

Injured and Mullen came back in and made the position his own. 

The fact McDonald has barely been seen since the turn of the year and we have had a kid on the bench instead had us speculating If he was away.

Glad to have Muirhead back, but no Oakley is gutting. MacDonald was fine for us before Mullen came back in, but he’ll be a long way off fitness. In the context of the season, Saturday's a bigger game/better chance to get points I suppose, so no point in risking anyone.

34 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Hopefully it's a case of not risking them and prioritising Saturday rather than anything serious for Mullen and Oakley. Big misses.

Dougie has a difficult call on his hands. Either hold players back, ensuring minor niggles don't get worse, therefore standing a better chance of important playoff-securing results, or throw everything at this and risk crippling key players who are already carrying knocks. A judgement call. Are Raith Rovers catchable? If we're aiming for 3rd or 4th and making playoffs, is it even worth trying? On balance - I'd say not.

But having said that - 6/7 weeks ago, I'd also have said that Partick were probably uncatchable. And now look.

An interesting night ahead of us, gentlemen.

Edited by Chippyminton

9 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Tonight's travelling support has undeniably been swelled by the £10 ticket offer. Good call by Rovers IMO - and good to see clubs taking this kind of initiative.

Should hopefully be a decent atmosphere - when our new overloards arent' bamming folk up online they are making some strangely good calls.

Be interested to see how many PPVs we do, not really advertised it and rightly leave it late to not impact the gate.

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Jamie’s a good call for you as he’ll probably feel he wants to prove something,

He's nothing to prove against us. We know he's a good 'keeper and most would have kept him in the summer. 

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nah, Dabbo.

Tx please...