Raith Morton: let's be having you!

I'd say Imrie's more than justified for having a chip on his shoulder for the way him and his team have been talked about this season, Raith being one of the main culprits. I'd maybe have preferred the comments to wait until after we've beaten Raith, but Imrie feeds off the hatred and if this is his way of firing everyone up then fair enough.

Lineup is anyone's guess after Saturday's bloodbath but the more I think about it the more I don't mind the idea of Quitongo through the middle. Seen Raith being undone a few times this season by a willing runner in behind, Lewis McGregor of Airdrie etc. 

Edit: Just noticed Imrie's comments in the tele, Muirhead and Wilson should be back tonight, Oakley is a maybe. Big boost for us.

Edited by Ferguson

25 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

I'd say Imrie's more than justified for having a chip on his shoulder for the way him and his team have been talked about this season, Raith being one of the main culprits. I'd maybe have preferred the comments to wait until after we've beaten Raith, but Imrie feeds off the hatred and if this is his way of firing everyone up then fair enough.

Lineup is anyone's guess after Saturday's bloodbath but the more I think about it the more I don't mind the idea of Quitongo through the middle. Seen Raith being undone a few times this season by a willing runner in behind, Lewis McGregor of Airdrie etc. 

Edit: Just noticed Imrie's comments in the tele, Muirhead and Wilson should be back tonight, Oakley is a maybe. Big boost for us.

Have we? What was said?

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Have we? What was said?

I'm not going to trawl back through interviews for quotes, but Imrie's had a go just yesterday at Raith 'having a lot to say about us' this season. I'm sure he knows better than I do.

Just now, Ferguson said:

I'm not going to trawl back through interviews for quotes, but Imrie's had a go just yesterday at Raith 'having a lot to say about us' this season. I'm sure he knows better than I do.

Does he though? He doesn't come across as someone who has a particularly high bar set for what constitutes needle.

I recall Murray after the game at Starks talking about Morton having a definite game plan, and not wanting to get sucked into how the play as it stopped Rovers playing their game. Not sure it was particularly disrespectful. 

Was their any handbags at the Cappielow game?

I'm guessing for us, a lot will depend on the relative fitness of one out of two of Shaun Byrne and Euan Murray, and how that impacts where Brown plays.

Given neither Callum Smith or Aidan Connolly played any minutes on Saturday, I'd expect at least one to start tonight, probably to save Josh Mullin's legs.

Pretty sure he'll start Rudden and Vaughan up front. Can't not play that partnership just now. 

15 minutes ago, renton said:

Does he though? He doesn't come across as someone who has a particularly high bar set for what constitutes needle.

I recall Murray after the game at Starks talking about Morton having a definite game plan, and not wanting to get sucked into how the play as it stopped Rovers playing their game. Not sure it was particularly disrespectful. 

Was their any handbags at the Cappielow game?

I genuinely can't remember anything being said online or in interviews in reference to Morton or Imrie at all.

Maybe he's upset he didn't make it into the go-kart poster?

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Shocked to hear all the injured Morton players are fine. 

What’s the big issue if they are? We’ve had a couple that missed out on Saturday and some who took sore ones against Airdrie, it’s not some big conspiracy.

The Morton narrative works for them  The fact is that over-the-piece it isn't grounded in the comments made by our manager or players. 

Perception is all that matters, Unlike Ferguson I have watched every interview and there isn't smoke never mind fire. Sure post match from previous games have heat of the moment comments but hardly targeted criticism.  Just watch the Ayr post match with manager and player both of whom show respect to Morton.

All that's irrelevant though, Imrie shows himself as needing that chip on the shoulder. No loss in 15 so it works for them. 

The Morton forum match preview is interesting, while it's full of wild comments and seethe. It shows how we are perceived.

29 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

The Morton narrative works for them  The fact is that over-the-piece it isn't grounded in the comments made by our manager or players. 

Perception is all that matters, Unlike Ferguson I have watched every interview and there isn't smoke never mind fire. Sure post match from previous games have heat of the moment comments but hardly targeted criticism.  Just watch the Ayr post match with manager and player both of whom show respect to Morton.

All that's irrelevant though, Imrie shows himself as needing that chip on the shoulder. No loss in 15 so it works for them. 

The Morton forum match preview is interesting, while it's full of wild comments and seethe. It shows how we are perceived.

I think the comments being made are in the reverse psychology bracket !!

............THE POSTS coming in from Greenock ................ARE WINDUPS, I AM SURE!!

WEE QUESTION.....WHY WERE MORTON IN A "BLOOD BATH" AGAINST AIRDIRE?..DID THEY TRY THIS WITH AIRDRIE'/

Early warning are we going to be kicked off the field tonight.....wonder if REFs read these pages?

Let's hope IM and the Rovers keep the heid and are not playing in to the wind up and  insults.

As far as post match interviews with our Manager goes, I have never heard IM  make derogatory comments 

about other teams, always balanced reviews.  NICE TRY ON THE WIND UP....BUT YOUR ATTEMPT MAY HAVE WOUND UP TONIGHTS REFEREE!!

..................................................................KARMA!!

about other teams....including Greenock Morton!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

34 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Fucking hell I can feel the seethe vibrating through my phone reading that.

Does Dougie write that himself?

24 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

I think the comments being made are in the reverse psychology bracket !!

............THE POSTS coming in from Greenock ................ARE WINDUPS, I AM SURE!!

WEE QUESTION.....WHY WERE MORTON IN A "BLOOD BATH" AGAINST AIRDIRE?..DID THEY TRY THIS WITH AIRDRIE'/

Early warning are we going to be kicked off the field tonight.....wonder if REFs read these pages?

Let's hope IM and the Rovers keep the heid and are not playing in to the wind up and  insults.

As far as post match interviews with our Manager goes, I have never heard IM  make derogatory comments 

about other teams, always balanced reviews.  NICE TRY ON THE WIND UP....BUT YOUR ATTEMPT MAY HAVE WOUND UP TONIGHTS REFEREE!!

..................................................................KARMA!!

about other teams....including Greenock Morton!!

Speak up, laddie. Those in Australia can’t quite hear you.

I wasn't interpreting Imrie's comments as being bothered by something Raith have put on social media or anything like that, more assuming something has been said behind closed doors between the teams at one or both games, whether between Murray and Imrie directly or the backroom staff and players getting at each other generally.

There's already the well-known mutual dislike between Murray & Quitongo over the Airdrie v Rico Quitongo racism case, with Murray going after him in a post-match interview once last season as well, so that's some bad blood before anything even happens on the park. Then after how bad tempered the first game between the teams was this season it's not hard to imagine that could have spilled over with comments between the dugouts during the game or down the tunnel afterwards that fans had no idea about. For tonight you could possibly now throw Andy Millen being pissed off about whatever the cause of Murray & Ross Millen's fallout into the mix as well, though that last one is total guesswork on my part and it's possible he doesn't even know what's gone on.

It's maybe made a bit of a rod for Imrie's back in that he's opened himself up to some extreme mockery in return if we end up losing tonight, but he's generally extremely complimentary of our opposition even when he has plenty of reasons not to be - see still praising Rhys McCabe's style of play after the game on Saturday when Airdrie had just spent 90 minutes brutalising us - so I'd assume he's doing it on purpose as a deliberate attempt to either fire the players up or get under Murray's skin rather than simply doing it due to being seething, which isn't to say it won't backfire.