Raith Morton: let's be having you!

9 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I dont recall the first game being bad tempered?

Well there was about 13 bookings all in and I recall Watson and Oakley having to be pulled apart after handbags at a corner - which continued down the tunnel at half time. 

Don’t see the big deal about social media posts that the Rovers put out , Clearly its  working and we are engaging / targeting younger supporters throw in decent form and we have double attendances , If clubs are still in the dark ages good luck to them but it’s a laugh and abit of banter , Rival Clubs are needing to chill out and use those posts to their advantage instead of bitching about it 

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Rival Clubs are needing to chill out and use those posts to their advantage instead of bitching about it 

Should rival clubs be bothered or not bothered by your club's hilarious bantz posting? 

Make your mind up please.

2 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

The Morton narrative works for them  The fact is that over-the-piece it isn't grounded in the comments made by our manager or players. 

Perception is all that matters, Unlike Ferguson I have watched every interview and there isn't smoke never mind fire. Sure post match from previous games have heat of the moment comments but hardly targeted criticism.  Just watch the Ayr post match with manager and player both of whom show respect to Morton.

All that's irrelevant though, Imrie shows himself as needing that chip on the shoulder. No loss in 15 so it works for them. 

The Morton forum match preview is interesting, while it's full of wild comments and seethe. It shows how we are perceived.

‘Worst refereeing performance… in over thirty years’ 

😂 a crazy take. It was a soft penalty. I’m sure Morton have never had one of those before, or got the luck of a decision against Dundee United. 

Fans really need to spend less of their time getting so annoyed with referees.  There is no conspiracy against your team.

FWIW I thought that in both games Rovers got a lead and sat in, looking to counter when they could. That is part of their play this season. The numbers are plain to see that is what we do, and it was the same on Saturday too. 

Imrie has done a great job during this run. Good to see a bit of spice in the pre match to give the game an edge. We really need to sort out our ability to deal with set pieces falling in just outside the six yard box or their unbeaten streak will be extended.

Can only assume if there has been something said it was behind closed doors.  I actually went back to watch IM's post match interviews from both Morton matches so far this season and there was nothing controversial.  A couple of comments after the first game could potentially be misconstrued but in my opinion he was having a go at his own team rather than Morton.  He said they're a big physical team who make it difficult for you and that we failed to play well enough to avoid falling into Morton's game plan.  Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

As others have said, Rovers are in the limelight more now so we're there to be shot at.  If Imrie wants to use this as motivation then fair enough.  We have a title race to give us all the motivation we should need.

1 minute ago, Raithfan2711 said:

😂 a crazy take. It was a soft penalty. I’m sure Morton have never had one of those before, or got the luck of a decision against Dundee United. 

Fans really need to spend less of their time getting so annoyed with referees.  There is no conspiracy against your team.

FWIW I thought that in both games Rovers got a lead and sat in, looking to counter when they could. That is part of their play this season. The numbers are plain to see that is what we do, and it was the same on Saturday too. 

Imrie has done a great job during this run. Good to see a bit of spice in the pre match to give the game an edge. We really need to sort out our ability to deal with set pieces falling in just outside the six yard box or their unbeaten streak will be extended.

It was no softer than the last minute one they got at Cappielow to win 1-0 last season.

5 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

It's hard to believe you genuinely don't think it wasn't an atrocious refereeing performance that day whether it went your way or not. Of course we've also had our share of luck with poor decisions as well, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't call out incompetency because sometimes it falls in our favour.

I've also never seen anyone claim a conspiracy against Morton. No one actually thinks the referees have a collective agenda to relegate Greenock Morton, they're just really, really bad at their jobs. I personally don't like to stoke the fire with referees as they've got a horrendous job but something needs to be done about the standard, it's a joke just now.

27 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

It's hard to believe you genuinely don't think it wasn't an atrocious refereeing performance that day whether it went your way or not. Of course we've also had our share of luck with poor decisions as well, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't call out incompetency because sometimes it falls in our favour.

I've also never seen anyone claim a conspiracy against Morton. No one actually thinks the referees have a collective agenda to relegate Greenock Morton, they're just really, really bad at their jobs. I personally don't like to stoke the fire with referees as they've got a horrendous job but something needs to be done about the standard, it's a joke just now.

I don’t think it was one of the worst in thirty years anyway! 

There was one penalty shout that went our way. Even then there is contact and it is right in front of the referee. What else about it was so bad? There wasn’t any obvious red cards that weren’t given, no one was robbed of a penalty, the amount of extra time allocated seemed respectable. 

My point about conspiracy should have been clarified to be more game based, fans have a feeling the referee is ‘against them’ in an match because some 50/50s go against them.

Fact is Rovers have won twice this year and if Morton fans think that is down to ‘cheating’ or refereeing they are failing to see the inadequacies in their team. In the last fixture at Cappielow, the smallest man on the park walked into the box and scored two headers.

Edited by Raithfan2711

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I wasn't interpreting Imrie's comments as being bothered by something Raith have put on social media or anything like that, more assuming something has been said behind closed doors between the teams at one or both games, whether between Murray and Imrie directly or the backroom staff and players getting at each other generally.

There's already the well-known mutual dislike between Murray & Quitongo over the Airdrie v Rico Quitongo racism case, with Murray going after him in a post-match interview once last season as well, so that's some bad blood before anything even happens on the park. Then after how bad tempered the first game between the teams was this season it's not hard to imagine that could have spilled over with comments between the dugouts during the game or down the tunnel afterwards that fans had no idea about. For tonight you could possibly now throw Andy Millen being pissed off about whatever the cause of Murray & Ross Millen's fallout into the mix as well, though that last one is total guesswork on my part and it's possible he doesn't even know what's gone on.

It's maybe made a bit of a rod for Imrie's back in that he's opened himself up to some extreme mockery in return if we end up losing tonight, but he's generally extremely complimentary of our opposition even when he has plenty of reasons not to be - see still praising Rhys McCabe's style of play after the game on Saturday when Airdrie had just spent 90 minutes brutalising us - so I'd assume he's doing it on purpose as a deliberate attempt to either fire the players up or get under Murray's skin rather than simply doing it due to being seething, which isn't to say it won't backfire.

I suspect that’s simply, as you suggest, Doug’s way of doing things. It’s been working, so he keeps it going, like you said it’s a rod of his own making.

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Don’t see the big deal about social media posts that the Rovers put out , Clearly its  working and we are engaging / targeting younger supporters throw in decent form and we have double attendances , If clubs are still in the dark ages good luck to them but it’s a laugh and abit of banter , Rival Clubs are needing to chill out and use those posts to their advantage instead of bitching about it 

A couple of clubs have already done excellent work on social media with banter back…Livi comes to mine immediately, and perhaps Airdrie. In the long run it’s good for the game to have fun little jabs for people to talk about…because it raises the visibility of the games and clubs. Avoiding the cringe and over the line posts is the key, and our social media teams seems to be experienced there.

5 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Fact is Rovers have won twice this year and if Morton fans think that is down to ‘cheating’ or refereeing they are failing to see the inadequacies in their team. In the last fixture at Cappielow, the smallest man on the park walked into the box and scored two headers.

Again, unless I've missed something, no one's entirely blamed the referee for either of those results. We lost the first game because Broadfoot fell over his own feet with 10 minutes to go and we lost the second game because the smallest man on the park beat our centre halves to 2 headers as you said. I don't think it's unfair to point out that some key flashpoints in the game didn't fall in our favour either.

Tonight with more of a squad available will be a different game.

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

I genuinely don't remember too much about the referee from the game.

What I would say is I don't think it should've been a penalty.  There may have been minimal contact but there's no doubt Vaughan went down' very easily.  Actually, yes I'll go as far as to say he dived and I'd be raging if the same thing had gone against us.  One slight thing in the ref's defence is that at full speed from the angle I was at it looked a stonewaller (I get that Morton fans at the other end were raging as they saw a dive from their angle) and the ref was the same side of the incident as we were (albeit a hell of a lot closer).

40 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Ppv for a tenner available on RaithTv tonight for anyone who can't make it. 

I’ll go for that. Starks is one of my favourite away grounds, possibly my top one, but I just can’t get there on time from work. Can You play the stream back later as I won’t be home in time for kick-off?

2 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’ll go for that. Starks is one of my favourite away grounds, possibly my top one, but I just can’t get there on time from work. Can You play the stream back later as I won’t be home in time for kick-off?

We offer two types of subscriptions:

• In the UK or Ireland, our Domestic RaithTV Pass gives you live audio commentaries, full video match replays (after midnight) and access to our video library (a centralised hub for our video content, including exclusive features).
  • Outside the UK and Ireland, our International RaithTV Pass also includes live match video as part of your subscription.

Can't remember the last time I've seen a football club so rattled before a ball has even been kicked in a run of the mill league game. If Morton win this I can't help but feel there'll be an open-top bus celebration.

9 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Can't remember the last time I've seen a football club so rattled before a ball has even been kicked in a run of the mill league game. If Morton win this I can't help but feel there'll be an open-top bus celebration.

It can't be easy staying in greenock to be fair.