Raith Morton: let's be having you!

4 hours ago, Jonathon Paul said:

Driving up for the match. What are the best options for parking and drinks/food before the match. Cheers.

Best option for parking is either the Beveridge Park to the north of the ground or the big car park on the seafront across from the Mitsubishi garage.

I'm not sure how many pubs in the vicinity do food late on a Tuesday - the Novar Bar on Nicol Street is worth asking, as is the recently reopened Abbotshall on Milton Road. The selection and quality food inside the ground has improved markedly this season.

Edited by Specky Ginger

Would expect our unbeaten run to go here, especially if the players unavailable/taken off on Saturday aren't back. Don't think we could do without the likes of Wilson or Oakley for this one; whereas not risking players for Saturday's home game against Inverness is objectively more important for trying to secure a play-off spot. 

18 minutes ago, SerieA said:

“Conned” at Starks Park.

”They've had a lot to say this season”.

Always enjoy a Dougie Imrie interview.

I mean, he’s not wrong. Vaughan dived for the first penalty which was obvious to everyone at that end of the pitch, but David Munro wanted to make it all about him that day. 

43 minutes ago, SerieA said:

“Conned” at Starks Park.

”They've had a lot to say this season”.

Always enjoy a Dougie Imrie interview.

Dougie hates the Raith!🤩.

He's clearly up for this one and the team will be too. Will be a cracker.

4 minutes ago, SerieA said:

We hate Dougie!!

Dougie will love printing that and pinning it up on the Morton Bus.

Thanks for the motivation assistance, even though it wasn't really required for sure a promising match. 

Wonder who the ref is, maybe we could give him a lift up on the bus. Forgot how bad that twat was on the first game. 

Edited by Paisley Ton
stutter

Love that pre match from Imrie. Regardless of what happens - what a difference it makes to have a manager publicly declaring that extra motivation. It’s night and day since the years of Duffy and McPherson playing down our expectations at every opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Wonder who the ref is, maybe we could give him a lift up on the bus. Forgot how bad that twat was on the first game. 

Steven Kirkland reportedly assigned.

Inrie had said this in an interview about 3 weeks ago and it was unclear who he was talking about at the time.

"Some people out there, within our game and even in our division, have said some stuff that motivates me.

“I enjoy that. That gives me my edge and that’s the way I was brought up, to always have something like that to motivate you...

“There have been some comments made throughout the season from one or two individuals in our division, who we’re due to play soon, that have been very disrespectful towards Morton.

On the basis of that preview we can reasonably conclude it's Raith he's talking about, clearly there've been words behind closed doors after the last couple of games.

A further bit of needle could be added with the Ross Millen situation, considering his dad is our assistant manager.

Edited by Dunning1874

12 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Best option for parking is either the Beveridge Park to the north of the ground or the big car park on the seafront across from the Mitsubishi garage.

I'm not sure how many pubs in the vicinity do food late on a Tuesday - the Novar Bar on Nicol Street is worth asking, as is the recently reopened Abbotshall on Milton Road. The selection and quality food inside the ground has improved markedly this season.

Cheers for this mate.

I think Imrie has shown he’s a good manager. 
That said his pre-match interview for this game is a bit strange. He’s a mixture of agitated, rattled and seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Theres got to be more to it than Vaughan buying a cheap penalty? He’s obviously not a fan of our social media but what’s the deal?

I think it’s fair to say he’ll have his team bang up for this. 

If I were Imrie I'd have left that chat until the return fixture at Cappielow tbh. If there's an edge to the game then in all likelihood the home team will get the advantage from refereeing, as we've seen from Brian Graham being allowed to referee multiple games at Firhill too.