Raith Morton: let's be having you!

Unbeaten in 15 with good amount of cleansheets in that run vs a team that never win by more than one goal. I've watched football too long not to have trepidation about this game. The footballing gods will have a comfortable raith win on their agenda but I have faith that they're no match for Dougie Imrie. 

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

I think this is the game we start Hamilton and Rudden up top. Not sure it’s worth risking Vaughan given the Morton players will just try to kick lumps out of him.

Hopefully they kick lumps out of the wee c**t given the chance.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

You kick lumps out everyone you play against 🤣

Only (slightly) joking bud, in all reality looking forward to what should be a very entertaining game, Morton the form team at the moment, Raith rediscover their mojo after a bad run. All the signs of a cracker, cue to boring 0-0

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Not sure what wanting to see a player who’s suffered through 4 ACL injuries to have lumps kicks out of them says about you tbh.

Feels like ages since we played Morton.  They've massively improved since then, can see this being our toughest game of recent weeks.

It's not necessarily must win, however I do feel that we need to be top when leaving Gayfield on Friday to kero the title challenge, so we need to at least match what Utd do.

My feeling is that this will be our tightest and toughest game of the season so far, and I have absolutely no idea how it's going to pan out. It especially concerns me that we once again have some potential injury issues and may have key players missing after Airdrie's hatchet job against us yesterday. A settled, balanced and largely first-choice starting XI has been key to our monumental turnaround - we haven't lost a game now since mid-November last year which is quite the achievement. All Ton fans know that this extensive unbeaten run has to end at some point, though - and for me, Starks stands more than a fair chance of being that point. I hold a glimmer of hope, however, at the fact that we put the Arabs to a 3-2 swording at Tannadice against all the odds. Looking forward to it - but with arse tightly puckered.

Mon eh Ton !!

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Not sure what wanting to see a player who’s suffered through 4 ACL injuries to have lumps kicks out of them says about you tbh.

ACL injuries, as you’re no doubt aware, are very rarely caused by getting kicked.

I for one hope we get the three points (or at least one) without kicking anybody at all, which is pretty much what usually happens these days.

Think from our perspective, it all depends on If Wilson, Muirhead, Crawford and Oakley are available. 

We got by against Airdrie at home yesterday but away to Raith is a different proposition and we will need our best players available to win this. Oakley and Crawford didn't look in great shape at the end of the game.

If 3/4 miss out, it could be a long night.

Would take a draw with 2 home games to come.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

For some reason I think we’ll give Morton a scudding.

3-0.

Love that optimism.

We were in the first game until that defensive fu#k up when I thought we were on top.

Second game we loss two headers to a midget.

Will accept a draw to keep run going and confidence for the cup.

Nice to see a ticket offer will help to subsidise my petrol costs. 

Hope you don't lock us into a small taped off area.

11 hours ago, Enigma said:

They're just salty that we got a much deserved penalty in the first game courtesy of them trying to kill Vaughan. Bloody hammer throwers! 

Guess it'll be cards close to the chest and we won't get an update on players' fitness until the team is announced, but we could in bother here between Muirhead having missed out on Saturday and Oakley limping off, while Crawford was in some state by full-time as well.

Blues was immense in the middle of the park in Wilson's absence, but it'd be a huge ask of him and Power to put that kind of shift in again too. They both played well enough to want to keep them together in there, but with 4 games in 10 days we're inevitably going to have Gillespie starting instead of Power for one of them and no complaints if Imrie opts for this one. If Wilson's back then fair enough if Blues goes back out wide.

If we don’t have Muirhead or Oakley then the least bad option at centre forward is Quitongo, but he's clearly not ready to play 90 minutes either.

Not a single doubt in my mind that all of Morton’s possible missing players will be fine. Muirhead especially won’t miss an opportunity to turn in a Van Nistelrooy-like performance in Kirkcaldy for the umpteenth time. Will be tight, like literally every game this season, one goal in it. I’ll go for 2-1 Rovers. 

This is going to be a tougher game than v Utd I think.  Morton have hit some form since the shortest player on the park headed 2 goals against them at Cappielow a few months ago.
We are just back in form.  BUT if you wanna be the big boy in the playground, you got to stand up to all challenges.

I'll take a shitty turgid 1-0 win (95th minute as usual) to put the pressure on the dayglo spoon burners.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Fear for us if Oakley and Muirhead both miss out but I doubt that will be the case. Doesn't really leave us with any hammer throwers to boot lumps out the centre backs. Playing Quitongo through the middle and getting the defence turned might not be a disaster but it's more the domino effect that has throughout the team that worries me.

I'll happily travel through to watch the dullest, most soul-wrenchingly boring 90 minutes of football if it means coming home with a point.

Would be surprised if Quitongo started again even if Muirhead and Oakley are out. Given his injury issues this season and how many times he's came back and been immediately out again I can't see him starting two games in three days. 

I'm hopefully that Oakley at least will be fine as even though he went off injured he went and sat on the bench right away rather than going inside for treatment.