Inbhir Nis -vs- Dùn Phàrlain

Just now, Heaton said:

What's happens folks? Nae stream sucks ass

What? I’ve been watching the stream and it’s been fine.

Not missed much though. 75 mins played and the only shot on target has been a penalty that Mehmet saved.

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

What's happening folks? Nae stream sucks ass

We’ve been awful. Looks like we’ve reverted to 3-5-2 in the second half and have looked worse, completely disjointed.

6 minutes ago, Islay said:

We’ve been awful. Looks like we’ve reverted to 3-5-2 in the second half and have looked worse, completely disjointed.

Yeah. It’s been every bit as bad as it was during the 8 game winless run. I don’t understand the switch. Moved the new RB into the back 3, when he’d been fine at RB. McPake just determined to make the 3-5-2 work it seems.

Just now, HoBNob said:

Aye. No idea what McPake was thinking. 

I just don’t understand why he has moved to a formation that isn’t working and hasn’t done for weeks. We were fine in the first half, the change in formation in the second half has killed any sort of “momentum”.

Results tonight not doing either team any favours. Tight as fook for that 9th spot. You can't really see Arbroath clawing it back. I think ourselves and ICT will be the two favourites for 9th tbh. 

We are absolutely honking. Absolutely nothing about us going forward. There is no chance we get enough wins to pull clear of 9th now because we barely score any goals. I'm resigned to finishing 9th and likely relegation to League 1.

12 minutes ago, Islay said:

I just don’t understand why he has moved to a formation that isn’t working and hasn’t done for weeks. We were fine in the first half, the change in formation in the second half has killed any sort of “momentum”.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah. It’s been every bit as bad as it was during the 8 game winless run. I don’t understand the switch. Moved the new RB into the back 3, when he’d been fine at RB. McPake just determined to make the 3-5-2 work it seems.

I couldn't agree more. 

It was just worse in every way, the Rb looked more uncomfortable, MoH who looked better against Arbroath with a full back supporting him and providing outside runs, was left isolated and expected to beat 2/3 players a time. MFW has looked better as a two so we move him to LCB, where he doesn't have the ball progression to play there which means Edwards then has no support and is isolated. 

It was just fucking stupid from McPake, us being so dreadfully shit to watch is fully on him. 

If you'd offered me a point before hand, I'd have probably taken it if I'm being honest. A clean sheet and a Mehmet penalty save are bonuses in what is a tricky away midweek tie.

Feel like I said this for the recent home games where we utterly flopped, but Ayr and Airdrie at home in the next 7 days are now absolutely crucial. Obviously 2 wins would be excellent but I feel 4 points would be a decent return. I hate to say it, but atmosphere at EEP is going to be very nervy which I don't think helps the players. Could really do with the fans getting up for these games.

Getting Kane back ASAP would make me feel a whole lot better.

Edited by AuldReekie

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

I couldn't agree more. 

It was just worse in every way, the Rb looked more uncomfortable, MoH who looked better against Arbroath with a full back supporting him and providing outside runs, was left isolated and expected to beat 2/3 players a time. MFW has looked better as a two so we move him to LCB, where he doesn't have the ball progression to play there which means Edwards then has no support and is isolated. 

It was just fucking stupid from McPake, us being so dreadfully shit to watch is fully on him. 

It's the sort of stubbornness that was a part of the reason he got punted from Dundee.

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

I couldn't agree more. 

Yeah. The team look much more comfortable when we play a back 4 with wingers. Trying to shoehorn them into the 3-5-2 system hasn’t worked and makes us look absolutely dreadful.

First half, we weren’t great, but we were a lot better than we were in the second. As you say, the new defenders look far more comfortable in a 4. I also think Edwards is better with a winger in front of him. O’Halloran’s better with a full back behind him and the attackers/midfield are better when we have wingers, rather than wing backs. I honestly don’t think the 3-5-2 benefits anyone.

4 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

If you'd offered me a point before hand, I'd have probably taken it if I'm being honest. A clean sheet and a Mehmet penalty are bonuses in what is a tricky away midweek tie.

If they’d scored the penalty, that would have been Inverness’ first home win since 11th November (8 home games). It’s not as tough as it’s made out to be. We just made it look like it is. We should be trying to distance ourselves from the team in 9th, not playing for 0-0, managing a grand total of zero shots on target in the entire match.