Inbhir Nis -vs- Dùn Phàrlain

Absolutely rotten injury list in Dunc’s pre-match interview.

- Gilmour, “doesn’t look good”

- Ujdur, another couple of weeks

- Mullen, back to Leeds, out for season

- MacGregor, another two or three weeks

- Boyes, could be another couple of weeks

- Longstaff, another couple of months

- Brooks, not sure but don’t think available

- Samuel, unsure but hopefully available 

Add to that Anderson’s suspension.

Edited by Juanjo Nostalgia

I'd play McCann more often, if I were coaching a Rugby team. The guy has tremendous physique, explosive running power and great stamina. That causes opposition players real problems but IMO he'll never be a football player as long as my arse points toward the ground. Unless of course they can continue to coach him effectively enough to overcome his lack of natural footballing talent. Harsh and maybe unfair but I don't rate him. 

Summers is only 19 and there's no doubting his talent. His performances have dipped but I'd expect a younger player to have a confidence crisis when a teams form dips. Hopefully as his maturity and experience continue to grow, so will his resilience and self belief. Need to be patient with him. 

4 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

I don’t wish injuries on any player but I’m glad Dunc has less players to choose from for this game. 
I’m hoping that result on Friday is the start of our ascension away from the danger zone, and I’m not going to lie, a weakened Inverness will be a bonus for us. 
Every game is huge for us all in this tight league right now, and I’ll take any slight advantage we can get 

32 minutes ago, North West said:

I'd play McCann more often, if I were coaching a Rugby team. The guy has tremendous physique, explosive running power and great stamina. That causes opposition players real problems

One of my mate was saying he’d rather develop McCann into a CB. With those attributes he could be onto something. Who wouldn’t want a really big, strong, quick CB? 

43 minutes ago, Wacky said:

One of my mate was saying he’d rather develop McCann into a CB. With those attributes he could be onto something. Who wouldn’t want a really big, strong, quick CB? 

Big no for me. His strongest attribute is ball on deck, running at opposition. I don't think he's particularly good at heading the ball and he has suspect touch and passing. I'd want him nowhere near the defence. We obviously all want him to succeed but he's not good enough that we find positions for him to play in. Coach him to be better in his best role or move him on. 

We don’t need to reinvent the wheel with McCann, we just need him working with proper strikers. Stevie Crawford would have been a perfect coach for him.

He would have learnt from Nisbet in their brief spell together but since then we’ve lacked a wee bit in the striker department where McCann could learn, almost like a mentor. Todorov was a proper striker but I suppose more of a target man. Wighton isn’t really an out and out #9. However, Chris Kane is and I think he will be able to learn a lot from him.

He doesn’t need to be completely retrained as a centre half. He has plenty attacking attributes that can be enhanced, and thinks he could bring into his game with coaching.

I’m one of his biggest critics but I’m convinced if we let him go he’d go on to have good career and we’d all be wondering why he couldn’t do that for us. Something like Jordan White who became a bit of a Premiership journeyman with Inverness, Motherwell, Ross County etc.

33 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’m one of his biggest critics but I’m convinced if we let him go he’d go on to have good career and we’d all be wondering why he couldn’t do that for us. Something like Jordan White who became a bit of a Premiership journeyman with Inverness, Motherwell, Ross County etc.

I agree with this, but also think that when our squad is fully fit again the lad will likely end up on the bench. I love the laddie’s work ethic but IMO  we have players that could easily keep him out the starting line up. He’s probably better off going down a level to learn, I reckon that there’s too much pressure on him with the injuries in our squad right now. 

Edited by Wacky

As a reward for what was a timely and fantastic 3 points on Friday, I'd be looking to start with the same 11 tonight. Candidates for changing things up would be Benjamin and Holmes, but when we're desperately trying to keep boys heads up, I think it would be unfair for anyone to miss out. Finding a stable team and getting some consistency is something we've not been able to do this season. Holmes most likely to drop out for MOH or Jakubiak if there is a change.

After Friday's win, this game takes on more importance rather than less. Back to back wins would be a fantastic change in momentum when we needed it most, while a defeat would undo a lot of the gains from Friday.

On the Pars!

For me there the only change to the team I would make would be Holmes out and Jakubiak in. 

Holmes didn’t do much for me in the game against Partick. We need to get our strongest possible 11 on the park and for me Holmes ain’t in it neither is Allan but he deserves a run. 

Don't think you can underestimate how big a game this is. A win tonight for the Pars takes us 5 points clear of the relegation playoff with a game in hand. As with others I'd keep pretty much the same lineup with Holmes dropping out. I quite like having the option of Jakubiak off the bench to add energy but we'll see what happens. 

Benjamin improved a lot in the second half I thought until he went off, he had a hard time of it in the first half. But at least with MWH now in the door that gives McPake the option or rotating some experience into the team. 

I'd go with the same 11 tonight if we can. Not only for a bit of reward to the boys that went out there and done it, but also because the option of Jakubiak off the bench is a really good one whilst he's still getting back to match fitness.

Inverness are a fairly physical side, use the height of Holmes/McCann. However, O'Hallaron should be in the squad so he might go with him as opposed to one of these two.

I think Miles Welch-Hayes will be the right back for the rest of the season, but after a much improved performance and a goal I don't see him dropping Benjamin.

Does anyone actually know what formation we played on Friday at Firhill?

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Does anyone actually know what formation we played on Friday at Firhill?

Think it was basically a 433, with Allan sitting a bit deeper in the middle, Otoo and Todd either side with more license to press up the pitch. 

13 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Jealous of such a short injury list.

13 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

With all your changes recently I can name about four Caley players who aren't on this list. 

Going to be like two wounded stags rutting limply and incompetently. 

Lewis McCann is a complete confidence player.  If he was to believe more in himself and not take criticism so to heart, he’d be twice the player.   Over the last few seasons either injury or shit management have knocked him sideways.  Without the injuries to others this season, very likely he’d be on the left of a front three and doing very well with other stronger players round him.  Stick him up front on his own isolated and he’ll struggle, see majority of the games under Hughes for proof of that.  

I feel sorry for him because I suspect (like others) to get the best for him he needs a move.  Fresh start.  When younger the club should have loaned him out but seemed to hold him back from that.  That lack of experience elsewhere has hurt his career in my opinion.  There’s a very good player in there.