Aberdeen v St Johnstone 28.2.24

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Is this Jaiyesimi's second game in his favoured position? Either way, this is the second time that Jaiyesimi has looked decent. Football can be quite a simple game sometimes.

I'll be honest, I've quite liked DJ when I've seen him other than he looks slow. Suspect he was maybe unfit when he joined though, looks a lot leaner now.

Is this the bit now where we sit in, getting deeper and deeper, surrendering possession time after time until they inevitably score? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Trackdaybob said:

Is this the bit now where we sit in, getting deeper and deeper, surrendering possession time after time until they inevitably score? :rolleyes:

"they" are Aberdeen. Unlikely.

This is where you have to trust your defenders and goalkeeper to cope with the pressure, and stay brave enough to capitalise when momentum swings again.

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I've never felt this much apathy towards Aberdeen.

Warnock has been a terrible appointment so far. 

We are serious contenders for relegation.

So much wrong with the club.

I wish I could say the same about apathy. I have a bit of that but I have a lot more anger in me.

We've spectacularly fucked this season and bar a fluke run by Robson this time last year, Cormack and the board have taken this club back to the dark days of the late 90s and early 10s by a series of shambolic decisions. Warnock being the latest one of those. Chucking the players under the bus is never a good approach as a manager no matter that I fully agree that they are gutless.

I could not despise the club more just now. It's a series of games waiting for the inevitable concession and every so often we might fluke a draw. A set of players who have talent but no guts or determination to put things right. A squad so imbalanced as to make anything resembling width be impossible.

No sign of things getting any better. At least there's some abject shite in the bottom two because we should be deeper in bother than we currently are.

Id appreciate it if the referee, at some point, made Aberdeen take free kicks from the right position and not 10 yards foward.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Would be good if he gave us most of the free kicks we were due, too.

Nah, youre being swayed by the home support screeching every time players touch.