Aberdeen v St Johnstone 28.2.24

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're the 3rd most successful team in the country in the past decade, your clubs only celebrated one diddy cup in that time.

Its not a surprise you cant relate to why our standards are so high.

Your trophies won to goals scored ratio over the last ten years must be the best in the world...it just proves the point that you don't need to score many goals to win trophies.

Our only trophy during this millennium saw us draw 0-0 at home to Alloa and 0-0 in the final against ICT en route to glory.

Maybe if there were less goals then the broadcasting companies would leave our great game alone.

Actually, I thoroughly enjoyed the 0-0 between the clubs earlier in the season.

Kind of enjoy reading other clubs forums to see their thoughts on our team, can give a different perspective to things that can be hard to see as a fan.

But AFC chat is up there with the OF forums in terms of people being utterly clueless about other clubs.

The mass consensus is we're a hard working physical team, and Stevie May will be starting and causing major problems.

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Tough one to call, this. 

St Johnstone are a hardworking, physical team, and Stevie May will no doubt be starting and causing us major problems. 

1-1. 

I consense to this view, massly. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Physical is a positive attribute, all Saints do is give away a lot of fouls.

Levein's tactics are the reason FIFA wants to introduce "blue cards".   Take-it-in-turns cynical fouls to break up the game - ref will always ignore the first few early in the match.

Problem is that if a team sets up these kind of obvious traps - you can be guaranteed AFC will play right into their hands.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kind of enjoy reading other clubs forums to see their thoughts on our team, can give a different perspective to things that can be hard to see as a fan.

But AFC chat is up there with the OF forums in terms of people being utterly clueless about other clubs.

The mass consensus is we're a hard working physical team, and Stevie May will be starting and causing major problems.

Out of interest how would you describe your team? 
Forget the Stevie May bit.

27 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I'm not a Saint but from what I've seen it's football's answer to Michelangelo's painting of Sistine Chapel ceiling...High renaissance football from that artisan Levein.

Or to quote Alan Partridge, "liquid football".

I'm eagerly anticipating tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Forget the Stevie May bit.

43 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Shite.

Aye, this. 

We'll probably give away 30 fouls but theyll all be out of position players frantically trying to win the ball and getting it wrong rather us asserting any dominance.

If we play Smith (either), Kucheriavyi, and Carey, then its one of the most powderpuff midfields in the league.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, this. 

We'll probably give away 30 fouls but theyll all be out of position players frantically trying to win the ball and getting it wrong rather us asserting any dominance.

If we play Smith (either), Kucheriavyi, and Carey, then its one of the most powderpuff midfields in the league.

Oddly enough when Smith (M) joined I'm fairly sure I remember him getting fairly stuck into tackles, but he seems much softer now. Same with Dan Phillips but that's possibly a good thing. Although he still picks up a card a game.

Can we please, please play a back 4 tomorrow for the love of god. If nothting else just to see us getting beat in a slightly different way.