Aberdeen v St Johnstone 28.2.24

Aye, only one team out there understands theyre in a relegation battle. Aberdeen just strolling about hoping Miovski magicks a goal up (which he probably will at some point).

We're playing the way im happy to watch. If we lose more than we win and get relegated this way then fine, but at least it would be going down with the fans behind you.

Completely different Saints side from Saturday in terms of shape, attitude and intent. Much, much better.

Still a tall order ahead to keep a clean sheet and get a win on the board but as RG said above, this is the way to go about it.

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Where were this lot on Saturday?  Like a breath of fresh air in comparison. 
Smith needs to get the finger out or he’s hooked. 

Give players some freedom, and let them trust each other, and youll reap the rewards. Confidence a huge thing and actually showing some belief in them to play football csn swing things more than tactics IMO.

The tactics obviously help to show the players that they have that freedom/trust though.

If I didn’t have the fear before, it’s well and truly started now.

I think we’re heading for the play-off at best. As @RandomGuy. said, no one in red seems to have grasped how much we’re in the sh*t. 

And when they do, they’ll panic. Grim.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

We have conceded a ridiculous amount of penalties. Can't remember the last one I felt hard done by? **** at Pittodrie? PAOK?

Aye, feels like almost all of our penalties have been of our own doing, inability to defend, and being absolutely clueless at positioning. When was the last time we had a defence so poor? Don't think we've had defending this bad since the full Stevie P season.

Yes Saints. Fucking yes.

4-4-2. Players in positions they know and understand. Nothing overly complicated

Defenders defend. Midfielders tackle, run and pass. Strikers get us up the park and try to score.

It’s fucking beautiful.

Its far from brilliant, but it’s like watching a proper football match again.

Trying to attack, 5-6 corners in the first half. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it was two mediocre teams.

Just keep doing what we’re doing. Bows not the time to try and be clever Craig.

6 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Hate to say it but Levein is going to try hold on to a 1 goal lead isn't he?

And we lose 2-1.

I"m praying I'm wrong and we actually go try score a 2nd for the first time in years.

Yes, he will start to go defensive, which would be a mistake. Our best defence tonight is to attack.

Convinced we will conceed, so need to get a 2nd before we go defensive. 

Just now, Menzel said:

Aye, feels like almost all of our penalties have been of our own doing, inability to defend, and being absolutely clueless at positioning. When was the last time we had a defence so poor? Don't think we've had defending this bad since the full Stevie P season.

They look terrified at crosses with Roos behind them as well.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Is this Jaiyesimi's second game in his favoured position? Either way, this is the second time that Jaiyesimi has looked decent. Football can be quite a simple game sometimes.

I think so, might have had minor appearances on the wing as a wingback, but is proving he's better slightly higher up which I think everybody knew.

We have no ideas when we are on the ball. No attacking patterns, no spark of creativity. Can’t see where any goal is coming from. 

Two grim passages of play sum it up:

Hayes played a throw-in to Jensen. Jensen holds it and hits it straight back to saints.

Shinnie tackled and ref waves play on - Hayes runs backwards before eventually passing to Barron who runs it out of play.

Just now, Sonam said:

FFS Aberdeen!!! Please don't lose to St. Johnstone. Unless the team seriously want a play off battle!

Never mind wanting a playoff battle, I think they're arse deep in one currently.  First visit to Pittodrie in a while and this is as bad an Aberdeen team as I've seen