Second best squad in the league v Annan

That was minging. Can’t say Annan deserved a point but we’ve been very good at getting to 2 up to kill games but we were so slack today. 14 points now, we’ve been great so far at responding to setbacks so would be great to beat cove on Tuesday 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hogarth motm last week long drops a clanger this week. We are dropping points for absolutely no reason by this swapping keepers.

Completely misread that post there, God knows where the logic is in swapping the keepers round. That was a rotten game to watch.

Clear at the top of the league and unbeaten or not, that was absolutely minging.

Agree with others, this changing the keeper nonsense has to get binned. Hogarth was MOTM last week ffs, why would you drop him?

I was a bit surprised to see McGinn starting but actually thought he was fine. Nesbitt was back to the player we were used to the last two years and was gash, while MacIver is clearly a clever player but nowhere near clinical enough. In the Championship, passing up the number of chances he does may prove costly. Also thought Ross was very poor when he came on. Pass marks to McCann,  Lang and Yeats. 

Can we please just play our strongest 11 until this is won please, and then we can fanny about? Response on Tuesday required.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Clear at the top of the league and unbeaten or not, that was absolutely minging.

Agree with others, this changing the keeper nonsense has to get binned. Hogarth was MOTM last week ffs, why would you drop him?

I was a bit surprised to see McGinn starting but actually thought he was fine. Nesbitt was back to the player we were used to the last two years and was gash, while MacIver is clearly a clever player but nowhere near clinical enough. In the Championship, passing up the number of chances he does may prove costly. Also thought Ross was very poor when he came on. Pass marks to McCann,  Lang and Yeats. 

Can we please just play our strongest 11 until this is won please, and then we can fanny about? Response on Tuesday required.

Well done to Annan should have ended your rant ? Civility is honourable. 

9 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

A bunch of time wasting thugs. 

Probably the poorest performance this season, just failed to really break Annan down and actually threaten them in spite of all the possession.

That keeper is murder though, couldn't catch the cold and cost us the win. 

Didn’t play well, didn’t really deserve to win. That both goals came from keeper mistakes says it all.

Their keeper was buy far the busier, though rarely being threatened, while Long was asked to take 1 high ball, missed with an attempted punch, when he should have caught, & left his defence all over the shop, scrambling. Then again, they tried to run down the clock,playing around the back 4, when it’s far safer playing down the other end of the park.

Hogarth back on Tuesday John.

If McGlynn somehow thinks we are are a cardboard cut out Man City and can do what we want then today is a reminder to stop ringing the changes unless it's absolutely necessary. We got burnt at Edinburgh by doing that and whilst today wasn't on that scale McGinn shouldn't be anywhere near starting 11 unless we are down to the bare bones regardless and your keeper who has the gloves should keep them unless theres injury or suspension. Don't change a winning team till it's in the bag then fanny about and do what you want. Strongest team out on Tuesday and keep it that way. 

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

What was it you done well except accepting a gift from our keeper.

You were absolutely shite.

Should've won by a cartload but piss poor finishing and a lack of precision with the final ball meant we were always susceptible to a defensive error costing us 3 points. Was one way traffic for the majority of the 90 . Mcginn played well considering his lack of game time and didn't put a foot wrong.  Annan didn't have a shot first half and second half ventured forward on only a few occasions. Should have been a comfortable one nil win but a punt up in the air long makes a hash of it and after a bit of pin ball they scored and got an undeserved point.  This and the Edinburgh away game are 4 points lost that could easily have been avoided which is really frustrating. No need to change the keepers just like there was no need to change the team and formation that day.

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What was it you done well except accepting a gift from our keeper.

You were absolutely shite.

I didn’t think they were absolutely shite.

We have better players who are fitter so they played to their limitations. They would’ve been unwise to go toe-to-toe with us so they kept things tight, rode their luck a bit and, somehow, got a draw.

I can’t remember seeing a game quite like it where a Falkirk player just strolled upfield field in the middle third with bags of time but also kind of knowing it was going to break down in the last third, especially after the first 20 minutes.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

I feel almost as bad after that as I would have with a defeat!

First half was like a training game but we just never got in to a position to capitalise on the numerous crosses into the box. Annan's time wasting was grim, but they took advantage of a poor referee to do it. If Morrison had headed the ball rather than try to control it, we would have been 1-0 up inside 20 seconds and I think we would have won comfortably. As it was, we got more and more frustrated as the game went on and started snatching at chances, culminating in a poor second half. There were a few players that I thought were a wee bit off it, Donaldson, Nesbitt and MacIver in particular. Lang, McCann and Miller were great in the first half.

We'll just need to beat Cove on Tuesday now.

As a footnote; I hope the idiots that were booing at the end are thoroughly ashamed of themselves, they must think our players are superhuman and incapable of doing any wrong!

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I feel almost as bad after that as I would have with a defeat!

First half was like a training game but we just never got in to a position to capitalise on the numerous crosses into the box. Annan's time wasting was grim, but they took advantage of a poor referee to do it. If Morrison had headed the ball rather than try to control it, we would have been 1-0 up inside 20 seconds and I think we would have won comfortably. As it was, we got more and more frustrated as the game went on and started snatching at chances, culminating in a poor second half. There were a few players that I thought were a wee bit off it, Donaldson, Nesbitt and MacIver in particular. Lang, McCann and Miller were great in the first half.

We'll just need to beat Cove on Tuesday now.

As a footnote; I hope the idiots that were booing at the end are thoroughly ashamed of themselves, they must think our players are superhuman and incapable of doing any wrong!

I thought big coll was excellent today. Didn't think he did a whole lot wrong and was comfortable on the ball. MacIver didn't have his best game and nesbitt covered every blade but not a lot came off for him.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I thought big coll was excellent today. Didn't think he did a whole lot wrong and was comfortable on the ball. MacIver didn't have his best game and nesbitt covered every blade but not a lot came off for him.

Aye, I'm not saying they were 'bad' per se but thought Donaldson dithered on the ball a wee bit at times. For me, the difference in a poor Nesbitt performance or a good one is wafer thin. He puts in more effort than anyone else, that never changes, but, if it doesn't come off for him it can look like he's playing poorly. 

There's a nugget that sits near us that would moan about him if he scored a hat-trick every week!

2 hours ago, annan4eva said:

I didn’t think Annan had any fans on P&B. 

TBF I didn’t think they had Internet