Second best squad in the league v Annan

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know to what end we are doing this. Its not like theres other tournaments to contend with. The job is quite literally secure the league, secure the clubs future. I know we're miles ahead, and I know there are guys who deserve a crack, but there will be time for that. 

Aye, he should be starting with the strongest, then bringing subs on as soon as is practical IMO.

Depends why though.  If players are carrying injuries then it’s worth making the odd change.  Feels like the principle of keeping the formation is established, and we have decent cover in most positions.  

I agree that change for changes sake is pointless at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Depends why though.  If players are carrying injuries then it’s worth making the odd change.  Feels like the principle of keeping the formation is established, and we have decent cover in most positions.  

I agree that change for changes sake is pointless at this stage.

Oh aye, if there are injuries or knocks, that's a different story.

Only change we could make that wouldn't otherwise make a major difference would be Tait for Henderson I think.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh aye, if there are injuries or knocks, that's a different story.

Only change we could make that wouldn't otherwise make a major difference would be Tait for Henderson I think.

We have had Lang and Donaldson at the back all season and it would not be good to change that unless a injury occured. Hendo could do a job but mot as good

If we play our first 11 and they get the job done we’ll have about 2 months and 10 games to rotate to our hearts content. Rotation for rotation sake is completely pointless in the coming 3/4 games 

Strong team, personally thought Mcginn was completely done so will be interesting to see him play. If he can’t hack it today say thanks for everything and see you on the final day for his farewell 

Understand the need to rotate but unless Mcginn has been exceptional in training no point putting him in as he is leaving at end of season anyway. Hogarth must be pissed off seems to be dropped after every good performance 

8 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Understand the need to rotate but unless Mcginn has been exceptional in training no point putting him in as he is leaving at end of season anyway. Hogarth must be pissed off seems to be dropped after every good performance 

Don't get mcginn starting at all. Both Henderson and Tait are better options to start (unless both not 100pc fit then fair enough). By all means, as we keep saying bring mcginn on second half if we are comfortable. No room for sentimentality here. That's not to say we can't play well with mcginn starting of course we can, but why change a team that's cruising this league? 

This giving the keepers a month each is a bit weird. They both just get settled and then are out again.  Not a fan of it . Rather we were giving Nicky to the end of the season to see if he is going to be an option for next season.  Not sure about mcginn either. Slows the game down a bit much for me but if Tait and Henderson are carrying knocks then that's a different matter. Who knows.

13 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Need to change the record & dispense wi the cross balls.

The last game at Annan was the same until Coll stepped out of defensive and belted one into the corner. Need to try something different.

3 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

Very frustrating first half! We an do better than all these aimless crosses.

Need to vary it up. Draw Morrison & Miller in closer to MacIver & let the full backs give width for crosses. You’ve 2 guys with pace & skill to get by folk, let them use it, get in the box & go for goal, someone has to stop you.  Naw, just get the ball wide & lump high balls into the CF, who has nobody round d as bout him.

Can’t think of anyone showing imagination & trying to play into the box with a 1-2. Try something inventive, not predictable.

Not a fan of the constant short corners, especially when it turns into a cross about 2 feet away from the corner anyway. Seems a wasted use of bodies outside the box for what is essentially the same kick. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Thought mcginn played pretty well to be honest . Didn't give the ball away once and got stuck in.

He played alright but looks a fair bit off the pace.

Looked a sore for Morrison.