St Mirren v Aberflaps 02/03/24

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t get them started on refereeing decisions. They’ve had a sleep to calm down and then you go and post this. 

Yesterday was the first game since December 22 where we conceded the first goal, then went on to win the game.

Cheers lads.

Guess who it was against.:)

image.png.db4afb9218474915c44a51ae6b5cdd5f.png

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I've seen it again now and get why it's a penalty but the replies of 'clear as day' and 'stonewaller' to my post made me decide to not engage any further.

The best course of action when you're in the wrong.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I've seen it again now and get why it's a penalty but the replies of 'clear as day' and 'stonewaller' to my post made me decide to not engage any further.

Sensible. Give yourself an easy life. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Not sure the VAR room are in touch with police control rooms !

Ha ha, probably not, but honestly, at the time when it went to Var suddenly an army of stewards appeared to line up along the side of W7 and the Aberdeen end, with the ref giving the pen as soon as they were in position. It's probably just coincidence as they do it most games at the end, but the timing was good for a wee conspiracy theory.

Edited by GAD

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

The best course of action when you're in the wrong.

I've changed my mind yes but there is a habit on here of just about any penalty claim on here being a 'stonewaller' to the point now it's just ridiculous. I know there is obviously going to be bias but this is more akin to the blinkered shite you see on single club forums.

57 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

How the VAR check took so long is bizarre when you saw it on tv. It's well inside and can only assume they checked every bit if play in the preceding 30 secs frame by frame to try to rule it out.

Apparently offside check in the buildup. Had to get lines drawn etc. why they don’t tell media etc this…

Would appear Nicky Devlin forgets that var exists during game play, some amount of mistakes he is making in boxes this season, becoming a bigger liability than Roos, guy just doesn't learn.

Neil, if you are reading in, any chance you could play Nicky somewhere on the pitch that keeps him away from of our 18 yard box and at set pieces if possible, thanks 👍

Edited by Stu_81

23 minutes ago, GAD said:

Ha ha, probably not, but honestly, at the time when it went to Var suddenly an army of stewards appeared to line up along the side of W7 and the Aberdeen end, with the ref giving the pen as soon as they were in position. It's probably just coincidence as they do it most games at the end, but the timing was good for a wee conspiracy theory.

Police control room obviously realised it was well inside the box.  

Get some of those guys on to VAR duties.  

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yesterday was the first game since December 22 where we conceded the first goal, then went on to win the game.

Cheers lads.

Guess who it was against.:)

image.png.db4afb9218474915c44a51ae6b5cdd5f.png

I think that game had a ‘ in the box, or outside the box’ VAR penalty decision too. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t get them started on refereeing decisions. They’ve had a sleep to calm down and then you go and post this. 

I honestly think you've posted more about this than any individual St Mirren fan.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I honestly think you've posted more about this than any individual St Mirren fan.

About the penalty? I don’t think I’ve posted about it at all actually. 

6 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Shinnie’s tantrum after the winning goal is brilliant, couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

I've got the clip isolated but struggling to embed it. Give me a bit.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The Warnock interview on Sportscene was a belter. That's the first time I have seen any sort of passion in him since joining the Dons and that was more his shock than anything else. Aberdeen need to bin him or you will be in the playoffs. Given the players you have he should be sacked.  

17 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

About St Mirren fans complaining about decisions.

Right, would you expect st Mirren fans to post that st Mirren fans complain a lot about decisions? 

31 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've got the clip isolated but struggling to embed it. Give me a bit.

Oh….that could be gold dust!

Patience my friend! This could go viral. 😂 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Right, would you expect st Mirren fans to post that st Mirren fans complain a lot about decisions? 

Of course we complain about decisions, and it will be really noticeable to fans of other clubs in the week where VAR fcuked us over in Dingwall, with a truly dreadful non-penalty decision that I don’t think one single opposition fan has said VAR got right.

Now, do we moan and complain about decisions during the course of an entire season any more than fans of other clubs? Probably not, but as a lot of St Mirren fans post on Scotland’s No1 fitba’ forum, then our bleating about decisions is very visible. Don’t think as a group, we get anywhere near the paranoia / hysteria generated by uglies fans when a decision goes against their team, proving to them that ‘they’ are clearly out to get ‘them’. 

Admittedly, we are a moaning faced bunch of booing chunts. Pwoud, vewy pwoud. 😀

Edited by pozbaird