Pars vs Airdrie, Tuesday 5th March

The rearranged game is taking place this Tuesday at East End.

The previous two games this season have resulted in a 2-1 Pars win, first at East End then in Airdrie.

Would take the same result again.

If we play like we did first half today we have a great chance of victory. Didn't see the opening game but was at the game in Airdrie in December and thought we were very comfortable and should have won by more.

This league is fucking mental though so pretty much any result wouldn't surprise me (within reason mind; I don't expect either side to win 4-0).

Same formation, same tempo from the start and I'd like to think we'll be fine.

If the manager fannies around with the line-up then god knows.

A win would be fantastic and would really set us up for next weekend. 

If we play the way we did in the first half yesterday and the way we played in the second half against Thistle, then Airdrie will be in trouble. 
I’d settle for a performance level somewhere in the middle of that for any kind of win.
It was fantastic to see the strength of our bench yesterday, and can only imagine where we would have been if we had those choices off the bench every week. I think a 3-1 home win in this game…….But there’s this 

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

This league is fucking mental though so pretty much any result wouldn't surprise me (within reason mind; I don't expect either side to win 4-0).

Any points taken here will do, but I really fancy our chances of all three 

Tough game in store as always but I think we look better playing the 4-2-3-1 and obviously having Todd fit makes a massive difference to how we play. Assuming everyone got through today unscathed I think we go with the same team, possibly Jakubiak for McCann although Lewis had his best game for a while, especially in the first half. Good to have options at last. Not sure if I'll make it or not but hopefully I can get along and we can keep this mini run going.

Would be great to get a third clean sheet on the spin here. Would expect some rotation wouldn't be against trying to rest Todd and Hammy at half time if the game allows, schedule is absolutely crazy at the moment.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Would be great to get a third clean sheet on the spin here. Would expect some rotation wouldn't be against trying to rest Todd and Hammy at half time if the game allows, schedule is absolutely crazy at the moment.

Kind of agree, but I’d also add that we’re so much better in attack when Todd’s on the pitch. I’d rather we had him out there for an hour, if he’s ready for that. Same goes for Kane.

I would expect Jakubiak to start, probably give McCann a rest. 

We are so much better with kane and todd on the pitch.  Todd's looking pretty fit now, he could have probably done the 90 yesterday,  He'll be fine for a start,

Kane will be more difficult, he only trained friday and had to push himself to get to 80 minutes,  I think we'll get a start out of him but he may only get a half depending on how he recovers.

Look to protect mccann and have him available from the bench, he's had a couple of hamstring injurys and it was tightness that forced him off vs calley,  no point asking him to start twice in a week.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Kind of agree, but I’d also add that we’re so much better in attack when Todd’s on the pitch. I’d rather we had him out there for an hour, if he’s ready for that. Same goes for Kane.

I would expect Jakubiak to start, probably give McCann a rest. 

I think we just need to keep asking Holmes to run hims into the ground for the last half hour. Didn't do much at all against Ayr but it's important when he comes on to give us more energy up front and step the press back up again.

I certainly hope McCabe puts himself in the starting XI for this one.  We were quite disjointed and bitty for pretty much the whole first half yesterday after Queen's Park scored, and McCabe seems to bring a sense of control and composure that we were lacking.   It may be that with two games a week for the next wee bit as we make up for games missed through the cups and Dunfermline's entirely legitimate and not-at-all at-it issues with their pitch he was just doing a bit of rotation to keep himself a bit fresher (possibly also why Telfer, who was playing pretty well, was taken off a lot earlier than I would have expected). 

If karma was a thing we'd win this with Todorov scoring the winner and then dropping trews to take a dump on the collapsing part of the pitch. However what will actually happen is we'll get beat 2 nil and Dunfermline's 478 man SAS fitness level squad will celebrate at the end.

We have the ability to beat Airdrie. The confidence is returning to the team as the injuries also clear up. McPake has a bench now where he can choose players that can help change a game.

I think a 2-1 Pars win.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Airdrie have to beat us again some time.

But it won't be here. Fancy a 3-1 home win courtesy of a Todd double and an own goal. 

As long as its a cracking own goal like that trialist did when Airdrie played us a few years back. Think it was Airdrie anyway? Trialist came on, got announced as a trialist on the tannoy, scored a brilliant OG, got announced again ad a trialist on the tannoy, all within about 5 minutes. Quality cameo.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Airdrie fans will be delighted to know that with all our injuries returning, there's no doubt of this pitch, some size of a bench we have now! 

It won’t happen Tuesday but if nobody drops out as some return there’s a strong possibility of a fit first team player not being in the match squad mental given where we were a month ago

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As long as it’s a cracking own goal like that trialist did when Airdrie played us a few years back. Think it was Airdrie anyway? Trialist came on, got announced as a trialist on the tannoy, scored a brilliant OG, got announced again ad a trialist on the tannoy, all within about 5 minutes. Quality cameo.

that was one of the years either after Gretna went bust or livi got demoted to the third division when airdrie got a last minute call to be in division one having been the beaten play-off finalists.  That left them scrambling for players and this boy hit one of the sweatest struck volleys I’ve seen, don’t think he got a deal.

Feels funny using a ticket from what seems so long ago. It will be a tough shift now that the Pars have recovered players and better form. However I will travel in hope of an enjoyable game. 

McCabe has to play if fit. Todororov as a sub . 

Mental league.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As long as its a cracking own goal like that trialist did when Airdrie played us a few years back. Think it was Airdrie anyway? Trialist came on, got announced as a trialist on the tannoy, scored a brilliant OG, got announced again ad a trialist on the tannoy, all within about 5 minutes. Quality cameo.

Put us top of the league

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was that not the same day the referee went off injured after about 5 minutes and we had some old guy running the line, or was that a different game? Sure that was against Airdrie as well.

With a (pretty much) fully fit squad, we are clearly a decent team. We haven't been able to chop and change when necessary like we did yesterday for absolutely ages. This gives me great confidence. The only thing I am worried about is the pitch making it a poor watch, giving the game a kind of lottery factor. 

Same team that beat Ayr but I'd maybe swap McCann for Jakubiak. No point risking Bene, especially when the pitch is so choppy. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

With a (pretty much) fully fit squad, we are clearly a decent team. We haven't been able to chop and change when necessary like we did yesterday for absolutely ages. This gives me great confidence. The only thing I am worried about is the pitch making it a poor watch, giving the game a kind of lottery factor. 

Same team that beat Ayr but I'd maybe swap McCann for Jakubiak. No point risking Bene, especially when the pitch is so choppy. 

It might work to our benefit and hinder Airdrie's tippy tappy approach while we press them high.