Pars vs Airdrie, Tuesday 5th March

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Nope watching it on my TV. Studs right on to the knee. If I saw that in any game I'm reffing it's a straight red these days. Dreadful tackle.

No denying the studs went to the knee but surely the force in which it happens is the deciding factor between yellow and red?

1 minute ago, Diamonds02 said:

No denying the studs went to the knee but surely the force in which it happens is the deciding factor between yellow and red?

You catch anyone that high with your studs your off. It was a really poor tackle and he was very lucky. Var in play he's off.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Did he just say that Airdrie perhaps chose to shoot that way because one side of the park would get chewed up or did I mishear  that. Surely it's so that Dunfermline aren't shooting into the home end second half.

Think they said Dunfermline chose to use it first half as it will be worse second half

5 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Can only assume those who think it’s a red are in the stadium as on the stream it looked fairly innocuous, was actually quite puzzled by the reactions afterwards. Was right in front of the camera too.

You’re either at the wind up, or you’re as deluded as an old firm fan.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Did he just say that Airdrie perhaps chose to shoot that way because one side of the park would get chewed up or did I mishear  that. Surely it's so that Dunfermline aren't shooting into the home end second half.

Didnt catch that but one of them gets super excited every time Pars get into the Airdrie half.

Im sure they’re lovely old boys but not an easy listen. Pitch is tattie field

4 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Remind me what then rules state about this?

Been the better side here, just need to make this pressure pay. 

Refs had a shocker with that red, and hasn't been nearly strict enough with the time wasting, don't think anywhere near enough time was added on either. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Remind me what then rules state about this?

To be fair, the ‘serious foul play’ definition does mention excessive force. But it’s endangering the safety of an opponent OR uses excessive force. The height of the challenge and the fact he led with his studs into an opponent’s knee makes it a stonewall red card.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, the ‘serious foul play’ definition does mention excessive force. But it’s endangering the safety of an opponent OR uses excessive force. The height of the challenge and the fact he led with his studs into an opponent’s knee makes it a stonewall red card.

Ah ok, always thought it had to be a combination of both as I don’t really see how the opponent can be in danger if there isn’t excessive force. But, if that is the rules then I’ll accept we’ve got away with it

Edited by Diamonds02

On the football, was a good goal Airdrie scored. Great ball out wide, great cross and Todorov did what he does best.

Todd has to do better with a couple of his chances. Summers and Edwards both having stinkers. McGill and Todorov causing our defence problems. 

My initial thought was yellow, I don’t even know if the ref was going to give that, he wasn’t even getting involved until the coming together happened, whilst the call may have been incorrect it’s just fundamentally poor refereeing to not take control of the situation early after a controversial tackle.  He’s completely lost control since. 

We’re slightly struggling, I don’t know what we can do to change it tho, hopefully mcpake does.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Get Summers off for Moffat or KRH. 

Agreed. I'm sure he'll have a good career, but a total luxury player we can't afford to have in this division. At least Moffat is a bit more nippy and can open things up as well. KRH maybe worth the shot given his legs weren't the recent issue. 

1 minute ago, Diamonds02 said:

Ah ok, always thought it had to be a combination of both as I don’t really see how the opponent can be in danger if there isn’t excessive force. But, if that is the rules then we’ve got away with it

You don’t know how putting your studs into someone’s knee endangers them? You can’t be serious?!

3 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Mehmet not at fault or just looked his usual rooted self from where I sit?

IMO I don't think there was anything Mehmet could have done. It was an exceptional ball in but our defending is poor.