Pars vs Airdrie, Tuesday 5th March

On 04/03/2024 at 13:11, parsboi said:

Airdrie to be 2-0 up then a floodlight failure leading to abandonment on 59 minutes would be absolute box office.

Not too far off, got the first part right at least 

10 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It’s available on ParsTV. Be warned though, it’s not a great service at all and you almost certainly want to watch on mute.

https://parstv.co.uk

Jesus wept, those 2 are brutal. Mute is definitely the way to go.

2 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Can only assume those who think it’s a red are in the stadium as on the stream it looked fairly innocuous, was actually quite puzzled by the reactions afterwards. Was right in front of the camera too.

I also watched on the stream and was in no doubt that we got away with one. A red card offence if ever I saw one. Let's the ball bounce (unnecessarily) and then goes in studs up into the boys knee. 

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

One thing he does need to change is to make long throws the option to go too if we aren’t creating from short ones, not have them the default to be comfortably dealt with and have us immediately lose all attacking momentum 

The long throws should have been binned ages ago. Garbage football that isn't effective and, as you say, almosy always result in us losing all attacking momentum.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Then he made it crystal clear late on, when Frizzell threw a ball on the park to stop us being able to take a quick throw. Ref was about to blow, he put his hand in his pocket, then realised it was someone on a yellow, so he let play go on with 2 balls on the park. That’s a prime example of how out of his depth the referee was, but I don’t think his inept display impacted the result. We benefitted from his poor decisions at times too.

Yeah my heart dropped when frizzell done that at the end. The first one is debatable but we definitely got away with one second time round. 

Big win for us tonight, builds on the last two results and if we can keep things steady for the next 3 games and pick up points would be hopeful of staying ahead of the chasing pack. Got the break of the ball with a few things tonight, Friz could have been off and Todd missed a few early on but I thought we showed ourselves much better at managing the game than we've been in the past.

Well impressed with Airdrie tonight. Did the simple things really well. Great cross and header for first goal and excellent finish for the second.

We created 4 really good chances but fucked them all up, Todd the main culprit. Obviously missed Kane badly but still bemused why Moffat was benched when the manager was full of praise for his contribution to the positive start we made to the Ayr game. Some of his decisions are really baffling. The 3 subs tonight killed any chance of us getting a goal back.

Not sure I can face another derby doing, will decide around 2pm on Saturday. 

Thought we managed the 2nd half brilliantly, what a strike from McGill, great to see him back scoring again.

Are Dunfermline and raith having a who’s got the quietest ultras competition?

Thought we played really well first half and played some nice football but it's massively frustrating how quickly we crumble or lose any kind of belief. Second half was flat and their second goal killed the game. Need stronger characters. 

Reluctant to have a go at individuals tonight and will sleep on the poorer aspects of the game. Instead, one positive - Fagan Walcott is maturing nicely and looks more and more promising each week. Won loads of headers and despite a couple of slips in second half, thought he looked very comfortable. 

The state of the pitch near main stand should put to bed any notion that we were bullshitting about undersoil heating system - an absolute mess.

Well played Airdrie. Did what they needed to do... score some goals. 

Fair play to Airdrie, deserved to win the game because they took their chances, wasn’t much in it apart from that.

Felt we started fast and on another day could have been two up, Todd should have scored both chances. Big Todorov scores and after that we just played into Airdrie’s hands, hoofing the ball up the park and it was pretty aimless.

I was very disappointed when we let Todorov go. I’m not happy we lost but I am glad Todorov scored on a night where we lacked any real striker presence, it was a silly move by the club and it’s backfired against them. Jakubiak is a wide man, he can’t lead the line on his own, it’s not his game. I genuinely don’t know what Lewis McCann brings to the team anymore, he’s been absolutely gash since he signed his new deal late last year and Holmes doesn’t look like he’s up to much. We so badly missed Chris Kane, praying he’s available for Saturday.

Great to see Richie-Hosler back on the pitch. He didn’t have much chance to shine as by the time he came on it was just hoof ball but a great option to have. Todd getting a full 90 and some more training time under Bene’s belt. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him involved on Saturday, getting Hammy back in the middle.

13 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

The state of the pitch near main stand should put to bed any notion that we were bullshitting about undersoil heating system - an absolute mess.

Was always a bit sceptical that it was a deliberate ploy to get the last game put off as the pitch will take a lot of work to get back in a decent state for next season. 

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I was very disappointed when we let Todorov go. I’m not happy we lost but I am glad Todorov scored on a night where we lacked any real striker presence

I agree 100% but I have no idea why he gestures towards the NW when he comes off. Fans loved him here if he has any complaints about his treatment they belong to the dug out not the fans. Complete dick head move from the big man imo.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I agree 100% but I have no idea why he gestures towards the NW when he comes off. Fans loved him here if he has any complaints about his treatment they belong to the dug out not the fans. Complete dick head move from the big man imo.

Maybe he was being given pelters and just gave some back? 

Irrespective, he's an Airdrie player now and it's his job to score and he did just that. Gabby's goal was even better, what a strike. 

Outwith the goals, there wasn't much quality football from either team, but with a pitch resembling a cabbage patch, its no wonder. 

Dunfermline played well in the first half however if you don't take your chances you don't win games and the one quality chance we created produced a goal. After Gabby's wonder strike Dunfermline failed to create anything of note and so we were able to see out a comfortable win in the end.

He was applauded on to the pitch then off it before the game. He was also applauded when subbed. Gesturing to the NW is how he'll be remembered tho. Show a bit of class big man you were well liked here. Poor show

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

What actually happened with the gesture? I heard a shout from the crowd when he was going off but didn’t see it?

He just turned round and shushed the Pars fans. He loves doing that to all opposition fans.

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

He was applauded on to the pitch then off it before the game. He was also applauded when subbed. Gesturing to the NW is how he'll be remembered tho. Show a bit of class big man you were well liked here. Poor show

He will also be remembered as the guy who scored the first goal tonight and is a firm fans favourite at Airdrie. So I'm sure he will cope. 

42 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Don’t understand that conclusion. We are supposed to believe that your USH failed, blew a hole in the turf, discharged all of it’s water onto the pitch….. but was fully repaired by the next Thursday without the need to dig up the pitch to replace a ruptured bitch.

Let’s say in an alternate universe you just flooded it to get the game off and got the groundsman to dug a wee hole. You’d still have a flooded pitch in the middle of winter. The following week had sub zero temps so it would have been a very wet and frozen pitch for over a week and the main stand means it hardly gets any sun. That would be awful for your pitch.

i think your pitch being in a state doesn’t remove any notion that your club were bullshitting at all. The fact that it was never stated to be anything other than a “suspected failure” and all hunky dory within a week is the main reason I’ve made a hat out of tinfoil and made a long overdue victory all the sweeter!!

10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

He will also be remembered as the guy who scored the first goal tonight and is a firm fans favourite at Airdrie. So I'm sure he will cope. 

Of course he'll cope! He's a good guy and in hindsight we should have kept him

Edited by da_no_1

Back from the game so catching up on all those who watch on a stream, and it's different perspectives that make the posts interesting.

We scored, Dunfermline failed to make Rae have to save, and so many balls fired up into the air by both sides.

I did like Otoo in the midfield but once McGill scored that second, Dunfermline looked unlikely to score.

Clearly I'll need to see the Frizzel foul clip as it was too far away from my stand seat.

Mental League.

Think Airdrie clearly deserved all 3 points but only because we were a lot more clinical up front.  The amount of Dunfermline attempts that went flying in to row x or crosses that sailed over the Airdrie goal, lots wasted by the Pars.  Thought Frizzell, despite the horror tackle, had his best 90 in a while.    Telfer was awesome and as usual, McCabes presence has helped us scoop 3 points.  A really win against a solid team below us in league position, I think we can really cement our Championship status in the next 180 minutes of football.   

and not wanting to end our bromance with the Dunfermline fans, so I’ll say that I was really impressed with Otoo, Welch-Hayes and Fagan-Walcott.   Players like these are exactly what you need in the run in and I honestly feel the Pars WONT be relegated.  I think they’ll finish strong.  

really hoping we can do you a favour and take a full six against ICT and Arbroath.  

best of luck for the run in