Pars vs Airdrie, Tuesday 5th March

Very frustrating. The second goal just totally sapped anything we had to give, and you seen that in the players movement and body language. Despite our decent play and dominance, we didn't make it pay. All fart and no jobby.

Can't really argue much else apart from not being able to finish out chances. Todd could have had a hat-trick in the first half. Could have played all day and not score. 

On 03/03/2024 at 11:54, cb_diamond said:

If karma was a thing we'd win this with Todorov scoring the winner and then dropping trews to take a dump on the collapsing part of the pitch. However what will actually happen is we'll get beat 2 nil and Dunfermline's 478 man SAS fitness level squad will celebrate at the end.

Or a combination of both! Pleasing

That's a really good result.  Saturday wasn't great in many respects, especially in the first half, but that's two wins a draw in the last three, with the two wins being away from home, and we've really struggled away from home this season.  Wasn't able to make it through, but sounds like we scored two really good goals and restricted Dunfermline to creating very little of substance. 

10 hours ago, gy diamond said:

Nice one, thanks. Can't be any worse than the commentary on the Dundee utd one last week. 

I was wrong they somehow managed to be worse than Dundee utd's commentary team. 

Can’t deny Airdrie thoroughly deserved that. They were better than us at all aspects of the game - most importantly, they scored goals and we just never really looked like scoring after Todd missed a couple of early chances.

We were horrendous, particularly second half. Just repeatedly lumping aimless high balls forward. Even if Jakubiak/Holmes were to win one, there wasn’t a teammate within 20 yards of them half the time. It’s the same as we’ve seen lately, if we go behind, we just completely crumble and any game plan or attempt to play football is just out the window completely. 

Fair fcks to Airdrie for throwing out their Plan A and going back to 90s style, I could have sworn Jimmy Sandison was playing. The c**t.

We are utterly toothless up front without Kane. 

I think the management team got it badly wrong tonight, I wouldn't have dropped Moffat and the changes made us considerably worse.

Peach of a goal for the second and Mehmet you feel could come for the first?

Referee and his junior assistant were laughably awful, won their badges in a raffle I assume.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Fair fcks to Airdrie for throwing out their Plan A and going back to 90s style, I could have sworn Jimmy Sandison was playing. The c**t.

We are utterly toothless up front without Kane. 

The pitch looked dreadful tbf, for both teams, so it played our hand really in terms of the type of footy played.

Ironically our goals came from the rare times we could actually get the ball down to play on the deck.

Pleasing win,especially considering the controversy regarding the call off in January. 

Great result, gives us a bit more of a cushion down to 9th both in terms of points and number of teams beneath us.

The last 2 away results show that for all the 'philosophy' chat that surrounds us we have developed into a really solid, well drilled side who can dig out results. When we're not giving goals away by trying to pass it out from the back we're a difficult side to score against.

Didn't think we played too badly until the second goal that came from nothing. Airdrie were well organised and clinical with the two shots they had. We are so poor up front without Chris Kane.

Not going to get too downhearted about tonight though. Still feel we will be good enough to stay up.

Edited by Chubbychops

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Mehmet you feel could come for the first?

The ball was in the air for about 2 minutes and he still stays on his line. Honestly can't bear him being in the team. A terrible goalkeeper.

We were poor after the second goal, but up til then we completely dominated and missed some good opportunities: the kind you've come to expect Matty to bury. On another day, he gets himself a brace or even a hattrick. Need to just get back to the drawing board and prepare for a crucial derby. Still think we have enough about us to be finishing 8 at least. I won't get too disheartened about that tonight. Just never happened for us and we ended up blowing out our arse chasing the game. 

32 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Has MOH ever done anything? Is he our worst player?

Dreadful player. No first touch. Passed the ball out the park god knows how many times. No heart. Such a poor signing.

Edited by Chubbychops

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think the management team got it badly wrong tonight, I wouldn't have dropped Moffat and the changes made us considerably worse.

Peach of a goal for the second and Mehmet you feel could come for the first?

Referee and his junior assistant were laughably awful, won their badges in a raffle I assume.

Agree that we were considerably poorer. Summers just offers nothing at all most weeks.

As I’ve said already, I’m not sure why people seem to think Mehmet’s at fault for that goal. Looped to the back post, well over his head and there’s no chance he’s getting to that.

Regarding the ref, he was awful. But he was fairly consistent. He wasn’t really giving any fouls. Airdrie caught onto that and played a lot more physically than most refs would let them. That’s good game management from Airdrie. He also made it clear he wasn’t interested in stopping anyone from time wasting and would only deal with the outrageous examples. So Airdrie made the most of that - as I’d expect us to if the scoreline was the other way around. He was clearly very inexperienced and didn’t want to make any decisions. That was clear with the Frizzell incident. Then he made it crystal clear late on, when Frizzell threw a ball on the park to stop us being able to take a quick throw. Ref was about to blow, he put his hand in his pocket, then realised it was someone on a yellow, so he let play go on with 2 balls on the park. That’s a prime example of how out of his depth the referee was, but I don’t think his inept display impacted the result. We benefitted from his poor decisions at times too.

In good news, we’ve played worse.

Hope Kane was just fatigued from recovering from illness he doesn’t play the majority of the run in we may struggle. If he does I think we’re showing enough that we should get enough points on the board but it will be far from comfortable.

not sure what to make of mcpakes actions, you can see why he felt the need to rotate summers and Moffat even though Moffat is the preferred option and by the time the subs came on it was take a gamble time so I’m not too upset the gamble failed even though it maybe wouldn’t have been the one I’d have made. One thing he does need to change is to make long throws the option to go too if we aren’t creating from short ones, not have them the default to be comfortably dealt with and have us immediately lose all attacking momentum 

Edited by parsforlife