Pars vs Airdrie, Tuesday 5th March

3 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Think Airdrie clearly deserved all 3 points but only because we were a lot more clinical up front.  The amount of Dunfermline attempts that went flying in to row x or crosses that sailed over the Airdrie goal, lots wasted by the Pars.  Thought Frizzell, despite the horror tackle, had his best 90 in a while.    Telfer was awesome and as usual, McCabes presence has helped us scoop 3 points.  A really win against a solid team below us in league position, I think we can really cement our Championship status in the next 180 minutes of football.   

and not wanting to end our bromance with the Dunfermline fans, so I’ll say that I was really impressed with Otoo, Welch-Hayes and Fagan-Walcott.   Players like these are exactly what you need in the run in and I honestly feel the Pars WONT be relegated.  I think they’ll finish strong.  

really hoping we can do you a favour and take a full six against ICT and Arbroath.  

best of luck for the run in 

Missing you already ❤️😆

52 minutes ago, 101 said:

I agree 100% but I have no idea why he gestures towards the NW when he comes off. Fans loved him here if he has any complaints about his treatment they belong to the dug out not the fans. Complete dick head move from the big man imo.

Nah that’s bollocks.   There’s been a good mutual respect between him and the club/fans after he’s left, he was announced as being subbed and started to do the standard slowish walk you expect from a player 2-0 up before a quite audible boo came from the NW and I’m twice the distance as he’d have been from it, he’s quite entitled when walking off the winning player to hush that, I doubt he has any hard feelings

31 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Nah that’s bollocks.   There’s been a good mutual respect between him and the club/fans after he’s left, he was announced as being subbed and started to do the standard slowish walk you expect from a player 2-0 up before a quite audible boo came from the NW and I’m twice the distance as he’d have been from it, he’s quite entitled when walking off the winning player to hush that, I doubt he has any hard feelings

Yeah was going to say you could clearly hear the boo’s over the stream so can’t blame him at all

The McPake has only been defeated by McCabe yince express rolls on 🏁

Ma team were off it Airdrie did what I'd want my team to do away from home. Can't believe the betray from Nikolay. 

Mental league. Airdrie can have their little moment against us.😎 

Rovers away Saturday Pars. Respond. Coyp. 

Great management from Rhys as he's always on about implementing our style of play on the opposition but obviously took one look at the pitch and decided to go hoof ball and great to see the return of the Beastie boys as there's been accusations that we can be a bit of a tippy tappy soft touch. A bit lucky as Frizzell would have walked if the VAR gurus were watching even though it wasn't for me but a great cross for the first and good to see him play well.

The back 4 were outstanding all night with, as usual, Fordyce being a magnet for cross balls.

If Matty was himself last night he'd have put at least 2 of his 4 good chances away. 

Having Todd as our only good finisher is obviously a massive problem. 

I dont know how Jakubiak is so bad at finishing, just by the law of averages he'd occasionally have to hit the target surely.
If he could finish he wouldnt be here is the obviously conclusion. 

5 hours ago, DA87 said:

The McPake has only been defeated by McCabe yince express rolls on 🏁

Ma team were off it Airdrie did what I'd want my team to do away from home. Can't believe the betray from Nikolay. 

Mental league. Airdrie can have their little moment against us.😎 

Rovers away Saturday Pars. Respond. Coyp. 

Who put 50p in the nugget?

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

The ball was in the air for about 2 minutes and he still stays on his line. Honestly can't bear him being in the team. A terrible goalkeeper.

Last time that c**t came for a cross Jesus was on it

Mehmet: OK but couple of dodgy kicks second half - not sure he can blamed for first but do wonder if more dominant keeper could be judging and punching

Edwards: Worst game I think I've seen him have

Hamilton: Out of position but actually a damn good centre half. 

MFW: Really good. I'd be attempting to get permanent in summer. 

MWH: Decent enough, adds a bit grit. That said, tends to just lump ball up park.

Allan: OK

Otoo: Decent

Summers: I actually liked him in a wider position first half. A luxury though when up against it. 

McCann: Meh. For such a big guy, terrible in the air. Still not seeing enough from him. Going to have to cut losses at some point. 

Jakubiak: Really good, but cannot be out and out striker. Did well running the line though and was an attacking threat, just not in front of goal. Which is pretty fundamental. 

Todd: An off night but still a huge threat. Tried too hard and needed a little composure. 

---

In terms of starting XI, I actually felt they played pretty well. Some great football but failed to convert. Really needed goal before halftime.

---

Moffat: OK - more dynamic than Summers. 

KRH: Felt like a panic move and McPake did him dirty by bringing him on the side of pitch that was a mess. 

Holmes: Offered nothing but team were done by this point. 

MOH: Really poor. Like watching someone in the school football team - head down, running, trying to dribble as long as he can. 

---

Bad day at office. Obviously missed Kane and felt we could have won on another night. Feel like we have more than enough to stay up but we're putting ourselves under a massive amount of pressure - bit worried a lot of them aren't up for a scrap. 

Edited by AuldReekie

Contrasting views of the goals from the Airdrie stand. For the first you could see it all unfold. Frizz waiting for Toddy to get to the back post, the ball looping over the goalie and the certainty that Toddy would win it; a man and ball challenge. 2nd goal from a distance was WTF happened. Now seen it on DTV and it was a cracker, but what was the Pars centre half doing. Gabby strolled away from him, controlled the ball kind of, turned and then took his time to get his foot over the ball, all untroubled by any challenge. Anyway it'll be in the mix for goal of the season and great to see Gabby fit enough for a run of games.

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Fair fcks to Airdrie for throwing out their Plan A and going back to 90s style, I could have sworn Jimmy Sandison was playing. The c**t.

We are utterly toothless up front without Kane. 

Aye the pitch was absolutely stinking. We actually did still play some good football but its clear McCabe has learned his lesson from last season where he refused to budge from the passing style. Its glorious to watch. I actually thought we were pretty comfortable. Still be happy to finish anything above 8th

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Aye the pitch was absolutely stinking. We actually did still play some good football but its clear McCabe has learned his lesson from last season where he refused to budge from the passing style. Its glorious to watch. I actually thought we were pretty comfortable. Still be happy to finish anything above 8th

Your keeper could have been at home in front of the fire, slippers on and sipping a dram. 

Dunfermline should have been 1 up in the first minutes of the game and squandered good opportunities in the first half. I didn’t think we coped particularly well as they created enough chances to score 2/3 in the first 45. 

With regards to the red card I have absolutely no clue from from the stand how bad the tackle was so happy to listen to what others have said about us getting away with one. 

Todorov’s goal was well worked with McStravick and Frizzel. From behind the goal I don’t think there’s any way you can blame Mehmet. Not every cross is one for the keeper. 

Second half I expected an onslaught but similar to Tannadice it just never happened. The defence cantered it and looked to win everything that came their way. There wasn’t a single moment in the second half I worried about the defence not coping. Midfield battled well and Telfer for me again was fantastic. The running he did right up until the end was amazing. My standout yesterday. 

McGill I have such a soft spot for after last season and want to see him do well. I think he is growing more into this division and the last two Tuesday nights he has scored great goals and worked his socks off for the team. 

Dunfermline were that poor second half we didn’t even get a chance to see Josh Rae flying out the box at someone. I actually thought after about 10 games this season Josh wasn’t the standard we thought and the penalty save from last year clouded that judgement. More than happy to admit though despite the odd error I wouldn’t change him for anyone else in this league and I feel I have done him a massive disservice. 

As I say Dunfermline fans have to be disappointed with that second half effort. Missing chances in football happens and first half other than no goals the performance was there. Second half it went to shit for them. 

Even though we’ve lost to them 3 times I still think Dunfermline are a better side than Ayr and the rest of the teams below them. I just can’t believe how close we are this season after how you dominated the league last year. That credit should be going to McCabe of course

4 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

As I say Dunfermline fans have to be disappointed with that second half effort. Missing chances in football happens and first half other than no goals the performance was there. Second half it went to shit for them. 

Even though we’ve lost to them 3 times I still think Dunfermline are a better side than Ayr and the rest of the teams below them. I just can’t believe how close we are this season after how you dominated the league last year. That credit should be going to McCabe of course

I can, because we've played almost the full season without the guys who were do dominant in that League 1 title winning season.

We've turned a corner in the last couple of weeks and it's largely down to the return of guys like Matty Todd, Jakubiak and the signing of Chris Kane who didn't play last night. Might sound like sour grapes but if we didn't have the injury problems on such a huge scale this season then I think we'd be doing much better than we are, I'm not saying challenging for titles but I think we would be well in with a shout of top four. Unfortunately we've just got to take the cards we've been dealt.

The result last night was disappointing but I think it was just a bad night. Missed chances, go a goal down and as soon as that happened I knew Airdrie would grind it out.

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Maybe he just doesn’t like Fifers. Winds up Raith fans all the time too.

Truth be told I’m here for it.

36 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Maybe he just doesn’t like Fifers. Winds up Raith fans all the time too.

Truth be told I’m here for it.

I think it’s a very different situation with us and Raith, to be fair. There hasn’t been an incident of our players racially abusing Todorov, then the fans abusing him for reporting it and getting the player banned…

As above, last night is a bit of a non-story. He was walking off the park slowly (as he’s entitled to do), fans were frustrated and booed, he shushed them. People making a mountain out of a molehill with this one. There’s still a mutual respect there.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I think it’s a very different situation with us and Raith, to be fair. There hasn’t been an incident of our players racially abusing Todorov, then the fans abusing him for reporting it and getting the player banned…

As above, last night is a bit of a non-story. He was walking off the park slowly (as he’s entitled to do), fans were frustrated and booed, he shushed them. People making a mountain out of a molehill with this one. There’s still a mutual respect there.

Indeed it is, I think its fair to say he instigated the "shushing" with the Rovers fans and responded to boos with a "shush" last night.

Anyway, I hope he is  "shushing" the Caley fans on Saturday.

It's got be said that since Christmas Rhys McCabe has reinforced over and over my belief that his greatest managerial attribute is the ability to get the most out of players who on paper may not be quite at the level required and to help them kick on to be better players. Many Airdrie posters (myself included) looked at our squad pre season  with trepidation and I'd imagine fans of other teams would likely only have looked at our squad and saw only Ballantyne and possibly Rae and Frizell as players they would have wanted at their clubs. But Rhys has made it work almost every week, tactically and with good man management and relationships. They've bought into his philosophy and for me if we end the season in the types of positions we've been in since the turn of the year (4th-6th continually) and given his resources and squad size, he has to be in the conversation for championship manager of the year.