Pars vs Airdrie, Tuesday 5th March

I think with Dunfermline having players recovering from injury and starting to hit a bit of form I'd be more than delighted with a point from this one.

If we are able to take 4/6 points from our games in hand I think that'll put us in a much better position to be able to stay up.

However it is the Cinch and literally anything can happen (apart from us drawing 1-1 with Queens Park). No one expected us to win up at Tannadice on Tuesday and no one expected Arbroath to come from 2-0 down to beat Raith on Friday.

If Josh Rae could avoid having a brain fart in this fixture that would be great as I really don't fancy an almost 40 year old Davie Hutton or an emergency keeper in goals for an important run in of fixtures.

That's 6 without a win against Dunfermline and surely we are due a win at some point.

We are much stronger now since this game was meant to be played. Still think we could toss a coin with games like this though. Airdrie are a decent side. They won 2-0 at Tannadice a week ago,  so nobody will be taking this lightly.

I'm going for 2-2. 

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Was that not the same day the referee went off injured after about 5 minutes and we had some old guy running the line, or was that a different game? Sure that was against Airdrie as well.

I have a feeling this was the day the North stand linesman went off injured and was replaced by a Pars fan who was just there as a punter.

I think this will be a tough game but I’ve seen enough in the last couple of weeks to know a wee corner has been turned so I don’t fear it and know we can win. Seven points taken from the nine available, and a win on Tuesday would be very welcome considering we’ve got Raith away and Dundee Utd at home in the next fortnight.

Not sure we’ll see any major changes to the team, I think he’ll just have Bene as part of the squad again and might give him 10 minutes if anything. I don’t expect any other injured guys being back and hopefully no injuries from yesterday.

Should be a good game, absolutely love a midweek game under the lights! 

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Was that not the same day the referee went off injured after about 5 minutes and we had some old guy running the line, or was that a different game? Sure that was against Airdrie as well.

Don’t think they were the same games .

I think the airdrie game with the replacement Lino was actually when we brought the fairly young bloke who may or may not have been in the pub pre-game who had a few junior games under his belt and therefore was given full Lino duties.  The old bloke a year or two earlier was an ammy ref and wasn’t even allowed to signal who’s throw it was, just that the ball was out of play like you’d give to a club official at kids level.

probably a decade since then and after having a couple of incidents of ref injuries in quick succession we haven’t had any since 

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Any idea how close KRH is to being in the squad? 

'Tis the season of the triple barrelled name for us.

KRH

MOH

MFW

MWH

He is apparently fit and ready but they were waiting on scan results last week to see if he can get involved with contact stuff, no idea of those results but he’s not been mentioned in the most recent injury updates which suggests they weren’t perfect and he needs to wait, either that or he’s good to go and we’re keeping it quiet before bringing him out unexpectedly to score one and set up two

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As long as its a cracking own goal like that trialist did when Airdrie played us a few years back. Think it was Airdrie anyway? Trialist came on, got announced as a trialist on the tannoy, scored a brilliant OG, got announced again ad a trialist on the tannoy, all within about 5 minutes. Quality cameo.

This seemed vaguely familiar to me and turns out it was all the way back in 2009, as @parsforlife says I think that was when we lost the play-off final to Ayr and were relegated before Livingston were punted to the fourth tier and we had to make up the numbers again. Couldn’t remember who the trialist was but turns out it was Thomas Nolan. He got an assist in the previous game but was let go after that cracking own goal and doesn’t appear to have played senior football again after that. What a legacy!

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

L

He is apparently fit and ready but they were waiting on scan results last week to see if he can get involved with contact stuff, no idea of those results but he’s not been mentioned in the most recent injury updates which suggests they weren’t perfect and he needs to wait, either that or he’s good to go and we’re keeping it quiet before bringing him out unexpectedly to score one and set up two

So his scan is today so I guess there’s a slim chance of him making the bench tomorrow 

Unless there's any injuries (which wouldn't be a surprise) we should absolutely go with the same eleven that started against Ayr.

The additions of Welch-Hayes and Kane, as well as the return of Todd have improved us significantly.

Plus we are so much better without Chalmers in midfield slowing everything down, Allan arguably put in his best performance at the weekend alongside Otoo in the middle and his corners are causing opposition defences nightmares.

The matches against Airdrie tend to be close but if we can play like we did at the weekend, there's no reason why we shouldn't be confident about getting another crucial three points to keep the momentum going into the Fife Derby.

44 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Will the pars shit the bed once again? Will the under-soil flooding malfunction?

Im pretty sure karma will be at play here and so we will come away with all 3 points. 

If Matty Todd is injured, its because he bumped into the undersold heating system and it flooded the pitch accidently again. Sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If Matty Todd is injured, it’s because he bumped into the undersold heating system and it flooded the pitch accidently again. Sorry. 

Pretty sure if we tallied up the points total of games where Todd was available we’d be around the top of the league. Loves a goal against Airdrie too.

All this talk of karma 🤣

When you see the state of the pitch that side where it happened, you'll see we weren't at it and the conspiracies can join the OF list of historic ramblings. 

Tbh I'm a bit gutted as our pitch has been excellent in holding up to the winter months and been decent..now it's fucked and close to the state Partick had 2 seasons ago. Not quite though 

48 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If Matty Todd is injured, its because he bumped into the undersold heating system and it flooded the pitch accidently again. Sorry. 

Matty Todd is tougher than Chuck Norris. 😍

41 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pretty sure if we tallied up the points total of games where Todd was available we’d be around the top of the league. Loves a goal against Airdrie too.

He's played in 9 league games this season. We've W4 D3 L2 of those. Extend that over the season so far going by ppg we would be 3rd. 

The outcome of this game could go down to whatever Airdrie team turn up. I'm sure Dunfermline fans could probably say the same about their team. 

The style of play McCabe implements is excellent to watch and effective as f**k when we are on it. Equally, it can be suicidal and bombs are stuff if we are not. 

If we cut out the unforced errors and keep it tight at the back, there's no point why we cannot come away with at least a point, if not a win. For that to happen, I'd have Hancock and McCabe back in from the start. Let's wait and see. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I'd have Hancock and McCabe back in from the start. Let's wait and see

We won’t be lucky enough for McCabe not to pick himself 

I'm more worried about our last performance at Airdrie against Dunfermline than conspiracies, as quite honestly its the easiest we've been beaten all season, we were much better at East End earlier in the season. Aiken & McGregor will be missing which hurts us as they are our 2 quickest players from middle to front, although getting used to Aiken being out as that's been 4 months now and hopes diminishing that we'll see him again this season.

Our away record is poor even including last weeks win at Tannadice but as always, we need to score first to win.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

We won’t be lucky enough for McCabe not to pick himself 

I get your point, a little, as he can get caught out at times due to his lack of pace but he's still an excellent footballer.

9 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I get your point, a little, as he can get caught out at times due to his lack of pace but he's still an excellent footballer.

Its not that, I think your team are better with him in it, they appear to try harder when he plays. 
a fit Matty will leave him in the dust though. 

Edited by Wacky
To add that I don’t think Matty is firing on all 8 cylinders yet.