Motherwell - Aberdeen 16/03/2024

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I see there are a collection of very sensible and measured responses from Motherwell fans online about this.

I canny mind if I posted online but Kettlewell is a knob. He does fairly well at times then goes fucking mental with team selections and tactics. Sitting off Aberdeen today was absolutely criminal. 

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Kettlewell going full Brendan in his aftermatch BBC interview. Not a word about his team, just having a go at the officials and the two handball decisions that both went against his team. Predicable managerial deflection.

His post match interview on You Tube absolutely mentioned his team were not up to recent standards to lose to a shit poor and embarrassing Aberdeen team.

An Aberdeen team with the 3rd or 4th largest budget that have become a laughing stock around the world due to how they are being run and mismanaged. 

But you glory in beating a team 1-0 with a fraction of the budget with debatable VAR decisions. 

Shows how far the Famous (were a long time ago) Aberdeen have fallen . Quite funny truth be told…

Edited by welldaft

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

If we are a laughing stock around the world for being ninth place in the Scottish Premiership then surely that, if anything, is testament to our famousness.

The mentioned us on Radio X the other day. Absolutely massive.

16 minutes ago, welldaft said:

His post match interview on You Tube absolutely mentioned his team were not up to recent standards to lose to a shit poor and embarrassing Aberdeen team.

An Aberdeen team with the 3rd or 4th largest budget that have become a laughing stock around the world due to how they are being run and mismanaged. 

But you glory in beating a team 1-0 with a fraction of the budget with debatable VAR decisions. 

Shows how far the Famous (were a long time ago) Aberdeen have fallen . Quite funny truth be told…

:lol: Ahh I did miss winning games

22 minutes ago, welldaft said:

We are massive

Meanwhile Motherwell not winning for a few months in the league barely got a reaction in local Lanarkshire papers

Levels 😁

23 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Just simply ignore my point. Good lad.

15 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

The mentioned us on Radio X the other day. Absolutely massive.

I hear that you can barely move on the streets of Beijing for locals discussing Connor Barron's contract situation. 

I've looked at the two handball incidents. My take, for what it's worth, is when I look at the Bair one, he appears to move his gloved hand towards the ball and make contact.  The Shinnie one isn't a penalty, but I'm amazed it wasn't given.

You'd have thought 2 years in VAR would have settled down. Dunno it just feels like the only consistency is the ability for balding former players to bump gums.

Elsewhere on the pitch both incidents no factor and rightly so. The current handball laws are mental and have people clawing for everything. However, they are what we have and should be applied consistently. Week to week you could kinda excuse because its a different referee on the pitch and in front of the telly's, but in the same game .....

Was Theo's bicep a factor, did he know much about it, did he try to influence the ball direction with his arm beyond challenging for the ball? Was it a clean and obvious error to award the goal. Sportscene's coverage had the behind goal camera and a digitised blow up, was Willie limited to one view on repeat?

As for the second, I mean Jesus wept, if you're going to say that graze had an effect then you've got to apply the same logic to Shinnie's. Even with the increased jeopardy of a penalty kick it really shouldn't be a "Just blow the whistle Willie".

Sometimes its as easy as looking at the players. Lennon's goal Aberdeen players look skyward and roll their eyes. With Shinnie's, the 3 closest Motherwell players turn with hands out to the ref.

Yes we were poor today but Lennon's goal stands and its a momentum shift, you know like Duk's 1st a few weeks back.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just simply ignore my point. Good lad.

What point apart from being an obnoxious ****

Two handball decisions today. Both almost identical and both ruled against us. In a parallel universe our goal stands and we get the penalty and win the game. But that would reckon on the ref not being the bawbag that is Gollum. Obvs had Aberdeen on his coupon.

If only Aberdeen played the way they do against Motherwell in every other game they would be in the top 4. They obviously have a hard on for claret and amber. Probably something to do with Craig Reid day. 

Now run along and hope you finish 8th this season. I said way back when you binned McInnes be careful for what you wish for. And all Dons fans said he has taken us as far as he can……hello…..

Canadian Lol GIF

Just now, welldaft said:

Two handball decisions today. Both almost identical and both ruled against us. In a parallel universe our goal stands and we get the penalty and win the game. But that would reckon on the ref not being the bawbag that is Gollum. Obvs had Aberdeen on his coupon.

If only Aberdeen played the way they do against Motherwell in every other game they would be in the top 4. They obviously have a hard on for claret and amber. Probably something to do with Craig Reid day. 

Now run along and hope you finish 8th this season. I said way back when you binned McInnes be careful for what you wish for. And all Dons fans said he has taken us as far as he can……hello…..

Canadian Lol GIF

Couple of points, well (no pun intended) three actually.

1. Normally we're accused of only playing against Rangers, so that's a new one.

2. I struggle to "run along" these days.

3. You really have taken today badly.

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Canadian Lol GIF

Calm down. 

You are getting hysterical ...

15 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Sometimes it’s as easy as looking at the players.

That’s nonsense, as we all know. This Aberdeen team are far too nice and contest far too little at their cost. Where are most Scottish teams are happy to cheat on every call every time. Just watch how throw ins are routinely contested by players who know they have put the ball out.