United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

If we can just get a bit of time on the ball United have a soft centre and we can cut through them. At the minute the game is so stop start with high balls. 

Looking at 10 minutes of stoppages here 

Just now, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

We can’t play worse 2nd half. Need to stop playing Utd’s game.

Ref looks lost.

Totally this, we've had 2 attacks when we have got the ball down and should have scored with both.  

United have a game plan here to bully our defence and pick off what comes out of it.

Big half time for Ian Murray. 

Genuinely find it inexplicable that we start Rudden ahead of Hamilton. 

Rudden is about one third the player Hamilton is. You saw it when we played Partick Thistle away. 

You play it up to him and it sticks, and players are able to get around him in support. Do the same with Rudden and he doesn’t even touch it. 

In a game where we need to make as much of the possession we have, we’ve started a striker who gifts it back every time. Wild. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

4 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Ref looks lost.

Completely disagree. I don’t love Nick Walsh, but he’s done OK here, and done very well to keep the lid on the match.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Genuinely find it inexplicable that we start Rudden ahead of Hamilton. 

Rudden is about one third the player Hamilton is. You saw it when we played Partick Thistle away. 

You play it up to him and it sticks, and players are able to get around him in support. Do the same with Rudden and he doesn’t even touch it. 

In a game where we need to make as much of the possession we have, we’ve started a striker who gifts it back every time. Wild. 

Don't disagree with that, but conversely, Rudden probably scores one of the chances Hamilton had at Partick. I'd be playing Hamilton today and probably dropping Vaughan for another midfielder. 

Turner completely unsuited to the role we've asked him to play today. Madness asking him to sit and protect the defence when you've got Matthews and Byrne on the bench. He hasn't done anything actively wrong, but he just doesn't have the skillset for it. 

Even if you gave me this starting XI I'd be swapping Turner and Stanton and getting Stants to do the dirtier work. He's been lost in the noise. 

This United attack is lightyears ahead of today's United defence in terms of match fitness and ability at this level. If we're to get anything, we need to be asking questions of that defence, with the knowledge that we'll give up chances at the back. 

By ceding the middle, we're still giving up chances, but not giving ourselves a platform to get forward. 

7 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

United commentators are stinking, just shows how good RaithTv are 

I've switched the commentary off, cannae listen to them anymore, lol