United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

On 30/03/2024 at 11:09, Sugar_Army said:

I am similar.  All the signs point to a defeat, draw but for some reason 3-0 United kept popping in my head last night as I slept. 

Team to finally get there finger out and Moult, Watt and Fotheringham to come good.

I need to go lie down again and have a re-think.

Madness!

Your dream was very close. Can your next dream involve both of our sides being promoted?

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

That's a total disgrace from the individual who threw that.

Questions need to be asked about how they were able to get that in the ground as well.

Absolutely agree that it is a disgrace for the individual that threw it.  

I’m not trying to be smart (I would undoubtedly fail) but with regards to how they got it in the ground I have been going to the football for many years and have never had a pat down around my groin area and I have never been strip searched - for very obvious reasons.   Have you ever had that sort of search done?

At a guess I would suggest they got it in the ground tucked in their underwear while wearing looser trousers.  I’m not sure how you can stop such items getting in a ground in such a manner.

The writer of that post has clearly never been to many football games.

99/100 you could be taking anything you want in to a football match if it can be hidden on your person.

Not a slight on policing or stewarding, it’s just how it is when thousands of people are entering a venue in the space of 20/30mins.

Still takes a complete idiotic bawbag to be throwing one at a football player, hope they are identified and banned.

5 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

That's a total disgrace from the individual who threw that.

Questions need to be asked about how they were able to get that in the ground as well.

That wouldn't be our idiotic supporters trust mouthing off again without thought of the consequences?

The reason they were able to get it in is because supporters are not routinely searched as they enter grounds. 

This is a good thing.

As a previous poster said, having an illicit item tucked into the groin area or a female could have it inside a bra. These areas are not allowed to be touched during a rub down search. If there were suspicions, then it is up to the Police to take them away to conduct a search in a suitable secure area.

You will never stop things being smuggled into the ground (been at plenty of away days where I have witnessed people sneaking drinks from bottles they have brought in) but for a fucking moron to think it’s acceptable to launch a glass bottle at players is scandalous, hopefully the guilty party is identified and dealt with, I wouldn’t hesitate in shopping a Utd fan who was stupid enough to act in this manner. 

26 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Just watched the highlights, and the Terrors streets ahead of Raith on the day.

The question is, why are they not streets ahead in the table?

Inconsistency, they can't seem to string a bunch of wins together, I'm sure I read somewhere that their best winning streak in the league this season is 3 games. Also depsite the win on Saturday we still have 7 points in the head to head matches compared to their 4.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I was searched on the way in, having been greeted at the turnstile by a steward asking "voluntary search?".

Hard to see how anyone has foiled that system. 

One up from our last trip to Stark's when we had to pat ourselves down 🤣

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I was searched on the way in, having been greeted at the turnstile by a steward asking "voluntary search?".

Hard to see how anyone has foiled that system. 

If you refuse to submit to ground regulation 13 then they would likely apply ground regulation 17.  Therefore the system would not be foiled in the way you are alluding to.

Edited by Shadow Play

7 hours ago, jasperellon said:

Your dream was very close. Can your next dream involve both of our sides being promoted?

When we're 2-0 up and Kai put in a cross that the Raith keeper had to tip over the bar, I was crapping myself because I had not put the bet on.  It was 11/1 for 3-0 without naming the goalscorers.  I was relieved when Fotherigham went off.

When Scotland beat France at Hampden all those years ago my mate asked me if I wanted to put a bet on. 

I said the image of Trezeget giving it the 4 finger to salute to Gary Caldwell had been going through my head, so I said 1-0 Caldwell to score. It was 200/1.

My other mate came back and as it was his birthday he had the casting vote and said 1-0 Scotland, Davie Weir.

I never put the bet on.

When Caldwell score it was bedlam in the stands, then it was announced over the tannoy he was the scorer and I just turned to my mate and said "You just better hope somebody else scores, anybody!"

The rest is history.

My 10 year old laddie was asked to empty his pockets at Starks Park earlier in the season. When I questioned the steward about the legality he said he would refuse us both entry. My son thereafter emptied his empty pockets.

You don’t need to be a very clever steward to work out who should be getting searched/keeping a close eye on.

Said it before on here.No club is perfect-including Dundee United.Was a shocker from a few Raith fans yesterday.Reports of fighting-hear reports of that every week with different teams. Every team has a minority who act like fannies.

One of the trains down the road yesterday-Dunfermline fans having a wee sniff of some white powder in front of families/kids thinking they were the business!

Absolute fannies!!

35 minutes ago, SerieA said:

My 10 year old laddie was asked to empty his pockets at Starks Park earlier in the season. When I questioned the steward about the legality he said he would refuse us both entry. My son thereafter emptied his empty pockets.

You don’t need to be a very clever steward to work out who should be getting searched/keeping a close eye on.

Said it before on here.No club is perfect-including Dundee United.Was a shocker from a few Raith fans yesterday.Reports of fighting-hear reports of that every week with different teams. Every team has a minority who act like fannies.

One of the trains down the road yesterday-Dunfermline fans having a wee sniff of some white powder in front of families/kids thinking they were the business!

Absolute fannies!!

This is something that has got much worse recently (certainly since Covid), seems to be a fair few idiots in our support too that like the Colombian marching powder. 

On 30/03/2024 at 18:43, CountryBumpkin said:

No but starting to think you might be with your obsession over our social media. You've been rattled for months now. Away you go celebrate beating Arbroath like a good wee lad.

If only you hadn't spunked a two goal lead against them  eh

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

Fair play to Utd.  We have had our luck against them all season tbh.  We have only ourselves to blame as usual.  At points we could have been 7 clear throughout the season but blew it every time.  Thats now 7 times we could have been on top with a decent advantage.  
Murray, as per got it wrong.
Where is our strongest holding midfielder Matthews?  Where was our defence with two ACTUAL centre halfs?  Brown is NOT a centre half.  He is not that great playing there, and he is restricted when he plays there.  He is much better ahead of the defence.
Hamilton should have started.  We know they have a high amount of possession at home, and we would need to hit on the break.  Hamilton would have held up for others to get forward.  He would also have won us set pieces in doing so, and would have niggled them more at the back.
When is Murray going to start leaving someone up the field when defending set pieces?  We have no out ball and the opposition just come straight back at us!  
This one is definitely on the manager.  United are definitely a stronger squad but they should be with 4 times anyone elses budget.  The fact we are running them to the wire is unreal, but we must improve!  Drastically.

7 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

This one is definitely on the manager.  

It is. Putting Turner at 6 as the 'shield' in front of Brown was an absolute gift to United who could float it to Moult and even Watt all afternoon. 

Honestly, for all the talk of United being rattled, they just kept it simple and kept their heads while we, especially the manager, beat ourselves with this eccentric (overthought?) starting XI. No hindsight required for that.