Raith Rovers Vs Ayr United

Yeah not a hope in hell of getting anything from this I would have thought, and not just because of our one for me one for you form. There's a reason we are where we are at this stage of the season and it's because we're keech. 

5 hours ago, AUcal said:

Gutting to be missing this, have enjoyed recent visits to Kirkcaldy (not always the football, but the trip at least).

We are very inconsistent just now as are Rovers. I feel this has a draw written all over it. Would be happy enough with that but theres a part of me that hopes Raith are gutted after last weekend and we can capitalise.

A win would be huge, with probably only another 3 points after that needed to secure safety.

To be honest I'm expecting us to collapse like so much wet cardboard.

12 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Francis Amartey must play in this fixture, Rovers cannae handle him. 

Honestly , never seen him live ,  only see him  on the  Telly. Can he actually pass a ball more than 10 yards? 

like Forrest Gump he can run…. But from telly(?) never passes the ball.

23 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Honestly , never seen him live ,  only see him  on the  Telly. Can he actually pass a ball more than 10 yards? 

like Forrest Gump he can run…. But from telly(?) never passes the ball.

He only runs in a straight line and his first touch is like dog on roller skates…

To all the ‘glass half’ empty rovers fans. Ffs! To the majority of rovers fans, can’t wait to beat you on Saturday but what a season youve had. After we beat you on Saturday you can still win the league. If not, you are in the semi final playoffs. To the glass half emptys, fancy swapping positions with Ayr? Thought not.

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

To all the ‘glass half’ empty rovers fans. Ffs! To the majority of rovers fans, can’t wait to beat you on Saturday but what a season youve had. After we beat you on Saturday you can still win the league. If not, you are in the semi final playoffs. To the glass half emptys, fancy swapping positions with Ayr? Thought not.

This time last season we were in Ayr’s position and proceeded to not win a game for the rest of the season. Personally this season has been a fantastic time to be a Rovers fans. So many good moments and we are still in the title race.

8 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

This time last season we were in Ayr’s position and proceeded to not win a game for the rest of the season. Personally this season has been a fantastic time to be a Rovers fans. So many good moments and we are still in the title race.

I tried to be nice. Gloves are off mf! 

f**k Raith. @ryanayr1987 not apologising this time.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I tried to be nice. Gloves are off mf! 

f**k Raith. @ryanayr1987 not apologising this time.

f**k Ayr. I honestly don’t like games with Ayr. No offence or anything, but I do. Always have. Too many draws and defeats. I can see a birthday coming on.

I’ll be there for those middle-aged, baldy Airdrie scumbags on the Tuesday.

Hopefully we get 3 points from both.

Win or lose, if we finish second then it’s our best finish since 2010-11, so that’s something.

21 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

f**k Ayr. I honestly don’t like games with Ayr. No offence or anything, but I do. Always have. Too many draws and defeats. I can see a birthday coming on.

Win or lose, if we finish second then it’s our best finish since 2010-11, so that’s something.

That’s just rude. Have a word.

21 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Well it will be your only 3 points from us this season mate, plus a cup semi defeat as well.

Sadly, we cannot say the same about Ayr!

2 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

No Thursday interview with the gaffer?

Make or break for our title hopes really. Shaun Byrne back in the starting line up would be good. 

Byrne's dropped out over the last few games but it'll be interesting to see who is favoured between him and Matthews. Neither of them have really put a foot wrong for us this season.

Byrne and Matthews are both effective options but very different players. Each are a better prospect than Turner who needs to be further up the park. 

Would take a draw here as that plus 2 wins would most likely see us safe. Can't see us getting a win at all. 

If Dempsey is back I'd consider putting him in the team and going 3 in the middle to get a bit more control of the game.

Clarke

Stanger Sanders* McGinty McAllister

Dempsey Syla McHugh

Bryden Dowds Murphy

Fingers crossed Frankie is back too, can't bear another week of Sanders playing.

Weather doesn't look too bad for the time of the match tomorrow and with the astro pitch there should be no concerns with the rain to fall before then.  That wind will make it interesting though.

image.png.5cbd6e71be199b4ea69fb2127a59c383.png

Travelling conditions might be a bit dodgy for the away fans (and indeed home fans like me who have to travel a bit to get there) so might result in a lower than expected crowd.  The ticket sales don't look fantastic so far in either end but no doubt there will be a few more sold before KO.

Feeling a bit more confident than I already was after listening to the interviews with Murray and Brown.  You definitely get the impression that they all still believe we can do it and that training has been intensive this week.

Would really like a nice routine home win by a couple of goals here and fairly confident we can do it.

Edited to add: the amount of tickets we've sold in the home end would've been way above normal in any of probably the last 20 seasons which shows how much crowds has improved this season.

Edited by AllanJM

14 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The orrock quarry road (b9157) was closed due to flooding today, for anyone coming in from the south or west.

A wee bit longer to come in the A92 and down Oriel Road, but might be easier.

Cheers for that.  I normally come that way so may avoid it tomorrow.