🔴🔵 The Caley v Raith Rovers 🔵🔵

Personally, I’ve now pretty much downed tools until the play-offs, but hopefully our manager and players are now fine honing their game ahead of the play-offs.

You can thank us when we send Ross County down to see you.

ICT 0 v 1 Rovers.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Personally, I’ve now pretty much downed tools until the play-offs, but hopefully our manager and players are now fine honing their game ahead of the play-offs.

You can thank us when we send Ross County down to see you.

ICT 0 v 1 Rovers.

Surely if you want send Ross County down to us that requires us to stay in the league so, given you've got 2nd at worst confirmed, 1-0 to The Caley would be better? 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Surely if you want send Ross County down to us that requires us to stay in the league so, given you've got 2nd at worst confirmed, 1-0 to The Caley would be better? 

Hmmm, you’ll just have to win your remaining games. Soz.

Nothing to play for and away to a team scrapping for every point who’ve ridden us sideways for 2 decades this has probably got away win written all over it.  Got nothing against Inverness or Queens Park for that matter so best of luck to both for the run in and for the playoffs for whoever is unlucky enough to finish 9th. Got a feeling we’ll see Vaughan wrapped in cotton wool until the playoffs with his injury history. No idea what team we’ll field as we will want some confidence before the playoffs but not want to risk picking up any injuries, Morton and Arbroath should be kick abouts with zero to play for. Yesterday was a big result for ICT who’ll now be looking to pull clear in 8th. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Unfortunately, due to Inverness needing a result and us having nothing to play for, it's hard to see anything other than a home win.

However, I'd love to give that vile b*****d his tawties 30 years to the week since his vicious assault on Jock at Ibrox.

I'm sure Alex Samuel has already been on the mystical blower to ask for divine intervention for another hat-trick. Only scored 1 goal since then too. I don't see this being anything other than a turgid, scrappy game, probably pissing down and windy too. 

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm sure Alex Samuel has already been on the mystical blower to ask for divine intervention for another hat-trick. Only scored 1 goal since then too. I don't see this being anything other than a turgid, scrappy game, probably pissing down and windy too. 

Didn't even fall to his knees celebrating it. 

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Unfortunately, due to Inverness needing a result and us having nothing to play for, it's hard to see anything other than a home win.

However, I'd love to give that vile b*****d his tawties 30 years to the week since his vicious assault on Jock at Ibrox.

Music to my ears. Would allow us to win it Saturday

Helping to send Inverness down would be fitting payback for the years of misery against them. 

Alrhough this is as good as a meaningless fixture for us, we need to start building some momentum for the playoffs because our form has not been great. Play a proper back 4, rest anyone that is carrying a knock and don't be afraid to drop players that are out of form That's all I can ask, really. 

Edited by Michael W

The reason results have been so poor at home is we are incredibly easy to play against for sides who sit in. Leave no space for us to attack in behind and you will be hunky dory. 

Thankfully, I’m not sure this Rovers side can play that way. When we played here the last time, we were unfortunate not to take something - although I must say, you are by far the best footballing side I’ve seen this season.

Coming off of our first consecutive wins of the season, we have every reason to be confident. Get Roddy MacGregor back in the team please Mr Ferguson, he may well be the difference maker we have been missing 

22 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

The reason results have been so poor at home is we are incredibly easy to play against for sides who sit in. Leave no space for us to attack in behind and you will be hunky dory. 

Thankfully, I’m not sure this Rovers side can play that way. When we played here the last time, we were unfortunate not to take something - although I must say, you are by far the best footballing side I’ve seen this season.

Coming off of our first consecutive wins of the season, we have every reason to be confident. Get Roddy MacGregor back in the team please Mr Ferguson, he may well be the difference maker we have been missing 

That's actually the way we've been playing recently.  We've conceded far fewer goals during that time (apart from against Airdrie but we just can't seem to play against them), but also score fewer too.

Not sure how we'll approach this one.  The only thing we really have to play for is finding some form/confidence.

7 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

.........mind you he DID get his tawties.......after he beat a guy up.......no a fitba player!! Thug!! I seem to recall Rangers wanted us kicked out of football as well!!

Do we make as many changes as possible to protect against injury? Do we try and play the numerous out of form players back into form? Do we try a magic formula before the play offs? 

Who knows. The only certainty is a home win.