We can make it 20 league wins in the Championship. Might as well go for that and try and build some momentum for the play-offs. 

Morton looking to hang on to 5th place. 

How is this one going to go?

7 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Up against the brutal Morton, we need to be careful of picking up injuries.  Result doesn't matter for the league but does for momentum. 

Get through the game, lick the inevitable wounds and move on.

This "brutal" Morton thing is a load of nonsense.  In reality we are not a team of tall, strong players and on more than one occasion this season we've been kicked off the park by opponents (Airdrie at Cappielow being one prime example).  Part of our problem this season has been the number of injuries we have sustained - from Jai Quitongo being assaulted by the usually mild mannered Andy Murdoch to George Oakley being targeted by some double barrelled mutant from Monklands. I think Raith are more than capable of giving as good as they get in that respect.

No idea what we'll be like on Saturday, whether we are trying as hard as possible to hang on to 5th and the extra prize money that means, or more likely with thoughts on a wee break in the sun before next season.  Would be nice to beat Raith although in truth there isn't really anything vital to play for with this one as we're now safe and Raith are safe in second place.  We will have Strapp and Wilson out which weakens our team considerably.  I'm guessing a dull 1-1 draw but it's Morton so you never know.

4 minutes ago, Alibi said:

This "brutal" Morton thing is a load of nonsense.  In reality we are not a team of tall, strong players and on more than one occasion this season we've been kicked off the park by opponents (Airdrie at Cappielow being one prime example).  Part of our problem this season has been the number of injuries we have sustained - from Jai Quitongo being assaulted by the usually mild mannered Andy Murdoch to George Oakley being targeted by some double barrelled mutant from Monklands. I think Raith are more than capable of falling to the ground screaming like little girls as soon as a big bad brutes like Callum Waters coming within 5 feet of them

No idea what we'll be like on Saturday, whether we are trying as hard as possible to hang on to 5th and the extra prize money that means, or more likely with thoughts on a wee break in the sun before next season.  Would be nice to beat Raith although in truth there isn't really anything vital to play for with this one as we're now safe and Raith are safe in second place.  We will have Strapp and Wilson out which weakens our team considerably.  I'm guessing a dull 1-1 draw but it's Morton so you never know.

Fixed that for you 😉

15 minutes ago, Alibi said:

This "brutal" Morton thing is a load of nonsense.  In reality we are not a team of tall, strong players and on more than one occasion this season we've been kicked off the park by opponents (Airdrie at Cappielow being one prime example).  Part of our problem this season has been the number of injuries we have sustained - from Jai Quitongo being assaulted by the usually mild mannered Andy Murdoch to George Oakley being targeted by some double barrelled mutant from Monklands. I think Raith are more than capable of giving as good as they get in that respect.

And the one hundred and four yellow cards you've received in the league this year were, what, mistaken identity? 

26 minutes ago, Alibi said:

It really isn't, you're a shower of hammer throwing knuckle draggers, the card count speaks for itself.

You'd think the Raith players were being sent for 90 minutes in the Gulag the way these threads go.

With Wilson and Strapp out and Baird and Blues likely to join them we'll either see a rejuvenated team with a point to prove or a disjointed scramble as we've seen more often than not this season. Anyone's guess how this one will go, 3 points would be nice but I won't lose sleep if not. Thoughts go out to the Raith players in advance.

Watched Raith v Inverness and I thoroughly enjoyed the hilarity of Inverness somehow failing to score or take anything from the game.

That said, several Raith players were guilty of throwing themselves to the deck on multiple occasions, as we’ve seen from them in our matches this season. In the absence of any real meaning to this game, it would be some laugh if we did finally live up to the Big Bad Morton moniker and brutalise them ahead of the playoffs. Picking up some points to help us secure fifth would be a bonus. 

I really hope the mentality for this game is keeping our 5th spot. In essence it's a nothing game for both clubs I suppose.

Surely Bearne will get a run out from the start along with Jai.  Garrity may be injured as he came off in the 1st half last week. McGrattan may get a look in too. 

Would maybe rest both Robbie's or give them 60 mins each. 

Could be the last game at Cappielow for Morton for a few of them, who knows? 

1-0 Morton 

In Hospitality for this one with a few mates from Leeds. Hoping it's not a snooze fest or a hiding. 

Last home game so hopefully we go for it and fight for 5th.

Got a feeling it'll be 2-2.

One thing you can guarantee on a match thread involving Morton is a bunch of Morton fans getting annoyed and red-dotting everyone who says they are a dirty team, despite them having more than 50% more yellow cards than the team with the second most yellows in the league (incidentally Raith). 
More than a sixth of all the yellow cards in the championship this season have been shown to Morton players. 

But they’re not a dirty team. 

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

One thing you can guarantee on a match thread involving Morton is a bunch of Morton fans getting annoyed and red-dotting everyone who says they are a dirty team, despite them having more than 50% more yellow cards than the team with the second most yellows in the league (incidentally Raith). 
More than a sixth of all the yellow cards in the championship this season have been shown to Morton players. 

To have only one red card is impressive though, given the number of yellows. 

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Broadfoot's a dirty player (although quite a few of his 14 bookings have been for dissent). Baird recently seems to be following his example. Power's a player who can put a heavy challenge in. On the other hand, Robbie Muirhead has 10 bookings this season and I don't think anyone has ever accused him about him being that type of player (usually the complaint being the opposite). We've only had one sending off all season, which was harsh (one 24th of all sendings off, if you wondered). 

We have a physical side to us, absolutely, but it's more "what you see is what you get" physicality rather than "someone is going to get injured" dirty.