Questionable attire

9 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Palm Angels, Moschino and Billionaire Boys Club t shirts, not only do they look awful but they cost a fortune and it seems like every guy in their early 20s is wearing them. More recently it’s been “Represent Yacht Owners Club” gear as well. 

In Glasgow last year, on the day of an Old Firm, I saw a guy wearing an “Operation Flavius” SAS top that was in the style of a football jersey that had been made on Microsoft Paint and the quality was ten times worse than any dodgy Chinese site. Quick google of the operation showed that it was about some IRA guys killed in Gibraltar and their funerals were the ones where Michael Stone attacked. The lovely gentleman wearing it looked about 50 and weighted about 50 stone. 

Which team was he supporting?

13 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Palm Angels, Moschino and Billionaire Boys Club t shirts, not only do they look awful but they cost a fortune and it seems like every guy in their early 20s is wearing them. More recently it’s been “Represent Yacht Owners Club” gear as well. 

Some of that Represent gear that I've seen a lot of the young guys wearing looks basic and cheap as fcuk. It's possible that some of what I've seen has been shitey Turkish knock off's or whatever, but if (as I suspect) it is the legit T's retailing at the best part of £100, then they are being fleeced more than ever before.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

I bet the wee dobber couldn’t name the track listing.

IMG_1017.jpeg

should have waited until they were nein years old.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2024 at 09:38, 'WellDel said:

Some of that Represent gear that I've seen a lot of the young guys wearing looks basic and cheap as fcuk. It's possible that some of what I've seen has been shitey Turkish knock off's or whatever, but if (as I suspect) it is the legit T's retailing at the best part of £100, then they are being fleeced more than ever before.

Most of the stuff kicking about now is fake. The trainers too. I've a buckshee Facebook for work and the amount of fake clothing selling pages/profiles/groups is fucking wild. They're paying like £70 for fake Nike short & tee sets. Buying matching sets is fucking bad enough but saving £20/£30 on it because its fake is just mental in my eyes.

I kinda understand fake watches (although again, not for me) but fake Nike etc? :lol:

Kudos to the double badger brigade. Takes real balls to wander about claiming that's real.

On 28/04/2024 at 11:40, pozbaird said:

See also Las Vegas Raiders NFL T Shirts. I suppose the ‘ultimate’ example of this are NY Yankees baseball caps. Everywhere… clearly no-one (or 99% of them anyway) wearing one is actually a baseball fan, it’s just about the logo. As an NFL fan myself, if I see someone wearing a Raiders item, I generally don’t reckon they’ll be into the sport. I saw a guy in my local Tesco recently wearing an old Reebok era Cincinatti Bengals jersey, said ‘Go Bengals’ to him in passing, and he was a fan. Was too niche a jersey to be a ‘fashion choice’ item. 
Doesn’t always work out, but you can usually differentiate between a fan, or someone who went to Lids and came out with a Raiders cap.

Your post got me thinking of an interesting interaction me and my old man had many moons ago with someone. Back when I was 15 me and my parents were on holiday in Florida. We were on a bus and spied someone wearing a Raith Rovers cap which we thought was quite bizarre as the rest of his attire had a very 'American on holiday' vibe (polo shirt tucked into chino breeks with mobile phone holder on his belt and cotton socks up to his knees with open toed sandals. All that was missing was a bum bag and an American flag somewhere on his person). When we got off the bus me and my old man went to speak to him however it became obvious very quickly he had no clue what we were talking about or who Raith Rovers were. Always got me thinking how and why he had a RRFC cap. Maybe it was @TxRover 😜

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Your post got me thinking of an interesting interaction me and my old man had many moons ago with someone. Back when I was 15 me and my parents were on holiday in Florida. We were on a bus and spied someone wearing a Raith Rovers cap which we thought was quite bizarre as the rest of his attire had a very 'American on holiday' vibe (polo shirt tucked into chino breeks with mobile phone holder on his belt and cotton socks up to his knees with open toed sandals. All that was missing was a bum bag and an American flag somewhere on his person). When we got off the bus me and my old man went to speak to him however it became obvious very quickly he had no clue what we were talking about or who Raith Rovers were. Always got me thinking how and why he had a RRFC cap. Maybe it was @TxRover 😜

You occasionally see pictures of weans in underprivileged areas of Africa wearing all sorts of obscure UK football shirts that have been donated. Considering some of the pictures you see coming out of hellscapes like West Virginia, maybe there are organisations who do the same thing in America.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I make an instant judgement call in these situations as to saying something or just thinking ‘they bought a Raiders hoodie in Primark’. I remember I was in Largs once, and a guy came walking towards me wearing a Brian Urlacher Chicago Bears NFL jersey. So niche that he had to be a fan. I say a cheery ‘Go Bears!’. He says ‘eh, whit?’. I say ‘Go Bears… don’t see many jerseys like that around’. He says ‘sorry mate, not a clue, It’s just a jersey’.

My instant judgement theory is seriously flawed.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Polo shirt - I wear those to court, that’s it

Chino breeks - Don’t own any

Mobile phone holder - discarded immediately

Cotton socks - slouched over ankles

Sandals - don’t own any

Bum bag - holds my gun

’Murican flag - Too Rethuglican

RRFC hat - they were sold out, but I’ve got a beanie from Club 1883 that would have me melting in Florida

Besides, when did you last see a computer on a bus?

On 28/04/2024 at 17:39, tamthebam said:

Joy Division Oven Gloves anyone? 

Also perhaps it's blindingly obvious but in this "Questionable Attire" thread no-one has mentioned wearing The Cheeks branded clothing

I own a pair but don't wear them.