24/25 - New Kits

40 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

It may not be a recent thing but we’re new here so…

HOLEMASTERS????????

We had the same sponsor for the full half decade with you in the third tier.

15 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

We had the same sponsor for the full half decade with you in the third tier.

I must have blanked that time from my memory.  Can’t imagine why…

9 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Remake of a classic 80’s kit. Big yes from me 

IMG_3711.jpeg

That's a decent effort and has a retro look to it. The placement of the sponsor take away from the top overall although there's not much else that could be done. Is there any reason for the joma logo and crest being yellow?

14 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Patiently waiting for nicer kits than Morton’s Bored Cabin Fever GIF 

You guys all seem to think Cappielow is the Elysian Fields, so you’ll forgive us if we discount your opinion 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

That's a decent effort and has a retro look to it. The placement of the sponsor take away from the top overall although there's not much else that could be done. Is there any reason for the joma logo and crest being yellow?

Matches the colouring on a classic 80s Airdrie strip

15 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

You guys all seem to think Cappielow is the Elysian Fields, so you’ll forgive us if we discount your opinion 

And you'll forgive the ones that discount yours 😀

On 06/07/2024 at 13:12, Diamond1924 said:

Remake of a classic 80’s kit. Big yes from me 

IMG_3711.jpeg

The Lord Lyon hearing that your badge is back to being an 80s style.

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

The Lord Lyon hearing that your badge is back to being an 80s style.

Haha, it’s the new “non heraldic” badge rendered in the 80s colour way so he has no authority here thankfully! 

On 05/07/2024 at 11:25, Claudia Gentile said:

That's Thistle released a range of warm-up or travel gear. Not sure if bordering on overkill with the 2 first team jerseys, 3 gk jerseys and the training gear range all launched previously. I quite like them though.

Not a fan of any of the O'Neills kits but these are great. 

10 hours ago, par-adise said:

Not a fan of any of the O'Neills kits but these are great. 

If you don't like the O' Neills stuff, that's down to decisions made by club staff rather than the manufacturer. 

It seems you can pretty much design your own kit from scratch rather than having to take a standard template. As was the case for us with Puma for years. Unless the club paid extra for a bespoke strip. 

We had three kits last year and all included nods to our heritage. As does one of the two released so far this year, plus the training wear. 

On 05/07/2024 at 15:10, pub car king said:

Here is the much maligned Rovers shirt. Fairly inoffensive really unless you are triggered by wee flecks of white and red. 

Yes yes, shitest boy band ever. 

Screenshot_20240705_150832_Chrome.jpg

Not great but not awful.

The boy band or the strip?

I think the design is quite nice actually (thistles training range seems to have the same design on the shoulders, even though they’re from different manufacturers) but the collar is awful. 

We also don’t seem to have done a very good job of launching it. Why are the players not wearing full kit in the press release photos? Makes it look a bit amateur. Also a bit strange that it took so long to launch when Barrowman said in an interview in June that the kits had “already been here for a few weeks”. 
The new board haven’t done many things wrong but I don’t think they’ve covered themselves in glory with this one. 

I quite like the Raith top and think that the "shocker" descriptions are a touch hyperbolic. That Airdrie shirt is really nice. I like original designs and I can't think of a single club I've ever seen who have a diamond on their shirt. Brescia's V is the only thing that's come close. 

Nice strip,but also FUCKIIINNN BOOOOO!!!.

27 minutes ago, velo army said:

I quite like the Raith top and think that the "shocker" descriptions are a touch hyperbolic. That Airdrie shirt is really nice. I like original designs and I can't think of a single club I've ever seen who have a diamond on their shirt. Brescia's V is the only thing that's come close. 

Nice strip,but also FUCKIIINNN BOOOOO!!!.

Leyton Orient when they were known as Clapton Orient used to play in a white shirt with either a red diamond or a V. Historical kits site say it was a V so you're probably correct.

On 09/07/2024 at 12:41, stevoraith said:

The boy band or the strip?

I think the design is quite nice actually (thistles training range seems to have the same design on the shoulders, even though they’re from different manufacturers) but the collar is awful. 

We also don’t seem to have done a very good job of launching it. Why are the players not wearing full kit in the press release photos? Makes it look a bit amateur. Also a bit strange that it took so long to launch when Barrowman said in an interview in June that the kits had “already been here for a few weeks”. 
The new board haven’t done many things wrong but I don’t think they’ve covered themselves in glory with this one. 

Pretty much this, it's no where near awful just a bit meh.

By all accounts the launch night was a success. Scratchy videos and players lounging about in their chinos not so much.

At the end if the day it's a football top and looked OK when they were footballing. Oh, white shorts get it sorted. 

All clubs go for moody reveal shots when supporters would benefit from seeing the strip in clinical laboratory white light!