East Kilbride v Stranraer

Delighted that Stranraer stayed up.

Despite the club being a long trek away for most its a great ground. Far better than the soulless plastic pitches.

Posted (edited)

Well done Stranraer, 'enjoying' the night might be pushing it as the emotion is probably relief rather than euphoria.

Get it right up Kennedy/Ferry though.

Edited by Scorge

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I agree with most of your post, but in reality the bottom team should automatically be relegated, no matter how messed up the league below is.

But happy for Stranraer and their fans, I feared if they went down it would be curtains.

In fairness I probably mixed my point up, but I do agree with you there. Team 42 should be automatically down, but the Lowland League need to realise that the SPFL are far less likely to do that unless they fix their own ridiculous relegation situation which also can act as a barrier for levels below to properly allow fluidity within the pyramid.

In short, they need to be the change they want to see. Also stop voting the B teams in, otherwise they can still GTF.

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

Delighted that Stranraer stayed up.

Despite the club being a long trek away for most its a great ground. Far better than the soulless plastic pitches.

Journey’s a pain in the backside but excellent club once you’re there. Well done lads.

IMG_6275.thumb.jpeg.f19a49319823064aa67582e6288c5be6.jpeg

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Reminded me of our league win in 2018 with the pitch invasion and the sheer joy. A great wee club that should not be lost from the league for some chicken shop.

A very scummy chicken shop at that. The head loss at the end gave me a stauner. You can tell every one on that EK bench is an old firm fan due to their arrogant attitude. The tears will be delicious tonight. Another season playing their fellow leisure centres. Hopefully it’s their last.

Wonderful stuff from Stranraer.  

And absolutely no way should there be automatic relegation until the lowland league contains the next best teams in the area of Scotland it represents. That's up to them to fix first

Just now, Cannibal said:

And absolutely no way should there be automatic relegation until the lowland league contains the next best teams in the area of Scotland it represents. That's up to them to fix first

Absolutely correct. The record of Tier 5 teams in this playoff does not warrant an automatic promotion. Replace the Lowland with the best from the East and West in Tier 6 and then it will deserve one.

Just now, Clyde1235 said:

Wouldn't"t be surprised if kennedy is currently applying for the Stirling job as he always jumps ship

Think we might have reservations, besides we’re being bankrolled

1 minute ago, Clyde1235 said:

Wouldn't"t be surprised if kennedy is currently applying for the Stirling job as he always jumps ship

Please no. Then everyone on here would want us down 😢😢😢