East Kilbride v Stranraer

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Could probably find out, but instead I'll groundlessly speculate that it's still an invitational process and Brechin will win. Lol.

If that were the case, I'd give some thought to inviting Darvel, just to further stick it to the chicken man

Delighted when following the live score to see the two late Stranraer goals: didn't want to see another old established club disappear into the abyss that is the Lowland League, an ill thought through construct made worse by the occupants in the majority voting in B-teams.

And then there's Stranraer's sensible actions in 2012, where their vote stood out in the Rangers/Sevco debacle.

Moving on to EK, it's almost all been said above, and as I've alluded to, they were part of the initial LL formtion shambles, a good enough reason to be cheered by their failure tody.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Tick Tock

Maybe, but at least we're there for now and we've had so many good years. 😊 

You seem to have it in for Stranraer for some reason. Have a good night, we certainly will.

Edited by GallowayBlue

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought he was quite passive aggressive tbh. Thought at the end it was a wee dig at Stranraer for having such a poor season. 

Maybe I picked it up wrong.

Even better if so, can't beat the seethe.

Just now, GallowayBlue said:

Maybe, but at least we're there for now and we've had so many good years. 😊 

You seem to have it in for Stranraer for some reason. Have a good night, we will.

You deserve to. Great day to be a Stranraer fan and what a way to do it. If you're not horrendously drunk this evening there better be a damned good medical reason why not!🍻

1 hour ago, Blue gal said:

The behaviour of Kennedy when EK equalised was very very poor, up on the wall giving it to the home support .. others not much better.... no class at all 

Hope there’s footage of this.

He’s a fucking balloon. 

Well done Stranraer. 

I saw the highlights on the LMC vlogs You Tube site. The young lad doing the comments did an excellent job I thought.

It looked as though EK played more of the fancy stuff and had around 60% possession? However Stranraer were very organised from the short bits I saw especially at set pieces. 

The miss before the second goal was obviously a game changer. In fairness he tried to show a bit of class and composure by hitting it back to where the keeper had come from but hit it wide. 

It's been a great couple of days for the Scottish lower league play offs. 

1 hour ago, Blue gal said:

The behaviour of Kennedy when EK equalised was very very poor, up on the wall giving it to the home support .. others not much better.... no class at all 

Exactly this but one of the best moments of the day was watching him after the 3rd goal went in, standing silently alone, staring at his shoes, getting both barrels from the home support for his antics earlier

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I've had my laughter but I'm going to stick up for them now... They really aren't a bad bunch, the few lads on here who go to every game and post are proper good guys. 

It's too easy to bundle them all in the same basket but EK aren't the worst c***s in the lower league.

Before the circus arrived, they spent a lot but didn't really rub anyone up the wrong way. The last season has been hard to watch though with the 20 signing per week and meltdowns when things don't go their way, all orchestrated by their mates from the Daily Record 

This is where I'm at too. Have lived in EK for years and they're probably my 2nd team now, would like to see them do well and up until Mick Kennedy & Si Ferry got involved they were actually doing things reasonably efficiently and as you say not rubbing folk up the wrong way.

The money has always been there, they've gone all in over the years to get promoted and have signed some big name players & managers to try and achieve this. The ground is nowhere near suitable for league football but to be fair they recognise that and have planned for a new ground (community trust involved in backing & building that as a community asset, so not entirely sure why it's intrinsically linked to League 2 promotion).

I've really not liked the MK/SF circus though and think it's been a huge PR own goal for the club. MK's online persona and his general baggage has damaged the club, the social media guy has scored some pretty horrendous own goals as well across the year - remember the Goodwillie stuff that was in terribly poor taste and even MK kept that going. Also the crowd funding for a player's medical costs whilst in the next tweet showcasing signing #724 of the season, another low point and incredible lack of self awareness from the club.

It would probably be best for EK to thank Kennedy for his services after the cup final next week and wish him well, then get someone else in who will just quietly get on with the job of pushing for promotion without the ridiculous social & print media nonsense that has turned this campaign into an absolute circus.

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Will they? What are the rules now if a club drops out of the league?

Could probably find out, but instead I'll groundlessly speculate that it's still an invitational process and Brechin will win. Lol.

Last out gets invited back in surely? 😉

First of all don t think play offs are fair a team can finish more than 20 points less than another but still get promoted and the other doesn't it's a league not a cup it's played over a full season the team with the most points goes up! At the lower end between from tier 4 down it gets complicated as there's many different leagues playing for that one spot and I don t have a solution to how it can be played out.

congratulations to stranraer I know a few boys from there and are big fans of the club !

Looking ahead to next season and beyond more established clubs like stranraer are going to find themselves in danger of falling out of tier 4 once the West teams get going with licences and like the others who already have and are finding it hard to get back up will probably find themselves falling further down the pyramid even further. 

37 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

East Kilbride were Scottish football media’s darlings for the last couple of weeks, news paper articles, tv coverage etc.

Stranraer sat back and went out their usual business while the circus rolled on. 

We don’t have their millions, we don’t have 4000 supporters waiting to fill an imaginary stadium should we get promoted but, what we do have is some really good guys working tirelessly to keep this club going, guys that don’t deserve to see the club go down. 
I’m delighted for those that put in all the graft behind the scenes that we live to fight another day. 

Spot on. 

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You deserve to. Great day to be a Stranraer fan and what a way to do it. If you're not horrendously drunk this evening there better be a damned good medical reason why not!🍻

Check.🥴

2 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

This is where I'm at too. Have lived in EK for years and they're probably my 2nd team now, would like to see them do well and up until Mick Kennedy & Si Ferry got involved they were actually doing things reasonably efficiently and as you say not rubbing folk up the wrong way.

The money has always been there, they've gone all in over the years to get promoted and have signed some big name players & managers to try and achieve this. The ground is nowhere near suitable for league football but to be fair they recognise that and have planned for a new ground (community trust involved in backing & building that as a community asset, so not entirely sure why it's intrinsically linked to League 2 promotion).

I've really not liked the MK/SF circus though and think it's been a huge PR own goal for the club. MK's online persona and his general baggage has damaged the club, the social media guy has scored some pretty horrendous own goals as well across the year - remember the Goodwillie stuff that was in terribly poor taste and even MK kept that going. Also the crowd funding for a player's medical costs whilst in the next tweet showcasing signing #724 of the season, another low point and incredible lack of self awareness from the club.

It would probably be best for EK to thank Kennedy for his services after the cup final next week and wish him well, then get someone else in who will just quietly get on with the job of pushing for promotion without the ridiculous social & print media nonsense that has turned this campaign into an absolute circus.

I think folk are under an illusion that a 20 year old team should automatically have loads of season ticket holders and a hard core support without thinking about WHERE all that comes from. 

I lived in Inverness and saw the slow progress from only OF tops, to a few Aberdeen (when Thistle and Caley merged) and it took another 10 years to start seeing kids wearing ICT tops. This was 10-15 years ago and they kids are only hitting adulthood a few years ago and are the first ICT diehards... Then you need them to have kids and bring them up ICT fans to have a semi decent support. 

EK are sitting on a goldmine and WERE going about things the right way, it will take time and a lot of ridicule, but they will get there eventually and be a serious club in the SPFL

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I've seen Kelty take 3-4,000 to a Junior Cup final and I'm absolutely certain Bonnyrigg would have no difficulty matching that for a big event.

Suggesting these sides aren't well supported is absolutely deranged stuff, it really is. 

No way Kelty have anything even close to 500 fans, the village is only 6k and a beer and chip stained XXL rangers top is the most common you would see around.
They also don’t have any outside villages to pull support from as Hill of Beaty, Crossgates and Cowdenbeath have teams.

I could see other Fife team fans going along for the day but they certainly wouldn’t be considered fans.

1 minute ago, Clangers said:

No way Kelty have anything even close to 500 fans, the village is only 6k and a beer and chip stained XXL rangers top is the most common you would see around.
They also don’t have any outside villages to pull support from as Hill of Beaty, Crossgates and Cowdenbeath have teams.

I could see other Fife team fans going along for the day but they certainly wouldn’t be considered fans.

You are forgetting the massive conurbation of Maryburgh.