Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Is it not shite refereeing in the first place to miss that handball? 

It's John Beaton

Just now, bagpuss said:

f**k VAR. Killing the game. 

When they take about 10 minutes over a potential "trip" rather than a dive, it becomes a farce, but it was put to good use for that penalty. Again, Scottish refs not spotting absolute stonewallers in real time shows VAR is a must up here. 

Do Raith not get a bit reckless/open whenever they're behind after an hour?

Murray is a NAP to score after a hoofed clearance puts him 1v1.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Sky Sports coverage is absolutely gash. Not sure why I'm surprised tbh when neither side is Rangers or Celtic.

It's shite when their involved too TBH

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sure it was the same v Thistle. Hard hats and everything v the luvvies 😂 

That's their singing section, being mostly children probably aren't seeing any of the game over the stewards

I'm surprised there's was little talk of a card for the penalty, shot was on target wasn't it? must have been at least a question of DOGSO if so

Edited by parsforlife

You know your team has been shite when there's a crescendo of roars to encourage the team on when you get a throw in 40 yards from goal.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Deserved lead, VAR or not. Very surprised how bad Rovers have been.

Maybe they're rattled

Same for me, watched quite a few of the Friday night matches when Raith have been on and this is comfortably the worst I've seen them play.

Everything has been a bit dull from Rovers so far, the performance and the crowd. 

Quite surprising given how big a game it is and the crowd they've got in for it.

Hope that'll change and they'll have a proper go.

Posted (edited)

Rovers have been as I expected, little creativity. Hamilton is utter dross up front. That's sky from next season seeing an extra 8m from sky to Scottish clubs. Give it a few years and only the winners of the championship will get promoted. The gulf in finances are enormous and only to get bigger. I hope the premiership clubs enjoy travelling to Dingwall to watch a club rooted near the bottom each year and being propped up financially by a multi millionaire to stay there. 

Edited by foreverarover

Are folk seriously claiming a tie involving this Ross County team and this Raith Rovers team is all over just because of a single goal. Have you never watched Scottish football before?