Major election gaffes 2024

18 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

That might explain the pictures with 'Exit' in the background and the like.

It would be a pretty spectacular way to take a massive shite in your successor's handbag. Call an election, resign as leader, leaving the party with the predicament of an emergency interim appointment, and that poor sod still having enough time to patch the GE and forever be labelled a massive shiter, or press on with it regardless.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well nothing apart from several journos reporting on Wednesday morning that this is what their "sources" were telling them.

Anyway. Latest is Jess Phillips speculating that tomorrow's "haitus" is, in fact, to prepare for the announcement that he's throwing the towel in.

She's just joking on the basis of Gove, Loathsome, etc, packing it in, I think. Not seriously suggesting he might stand down.

As an aside, if Sunak campaigns on Sunday when the team he claims to support are in a playoff final, I'll lose even more respect for him.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

21 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

She's just joking on the basis of Gove, Loathsome, etc, packing it in, I think. Not seriously suggesting he might stand down.

As an aside, if Sunak campaigns on Sunday when the team he claims to support are in a playoff final, I'll lose even more respect for him.

I'd love to see him try to point to Dingwall on a map. 😛

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well nothing apart from several journos reporting on Wednesday morning that this is what their "sources" were telling them.

Such as? 

2 hours ago, The DA said:

FFS Does he think he's John Noakes or Peter Purves?  All these little, 'Look, I can do these jobs... badly'.

"People think I'm totally detached from the working classes and know absolutely nothing about their lives, but I can prove to them that's clearly not the case; here I am also laying a brick and using that spade thing. See?"

13 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I had to check that out, and to give it some context, the distance is the same as Falkirk is from Dublin.

Still can't comprehend. football pitches, double decker buses or stacked elephant comparisons only please. 

22 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Still can't comprehend. football pitches, double decker buses or stacked elephant comparisons only please. 

Roughly the length of 3300 football pitches or 24000 double decker buses 

3 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

No citation of Swinney's cheerleading of Michael 'he's done absolutely nothing wrong' Matheson? Hmm.

Are Swinney and Matheson standing in this General Election?

Spoiler

Naw.

2 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Should really try to avoid cheap jokes about Sunak's diminutive stature, but . . . is that a finger roll he's holding?

"Prime Minister, can you understand that your policies have made it difficult for people to even buy a loaf of bread?"

"I'm sorry, a loaf of what?"

"One of these .."

Hence puzzled look.

47 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Hide contents

Naw.

Does being the leader of a Party during a GE campaign qualify that person as 'involved' in the Election?

Obviously not...and naturally gaffes only apply to Tory and Labour figures...Swinney is doing an outstanding job so far..carry on.

1 hour ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Hide contents

Naw.

Somehow lichtgilphead's walls of text have broken him and he's trapped on SNP BAD mode in an election about Labour and the Tories.

Another petulant account deletion will likely be imminent when yet more pledges are rolled back after the election. It's all a bit sad.

The Jedi reincarnation is showing some utter desperate attention seeking here. He seems to think a GE revolves around the SNP who appear to be living rent free in what's left of his brain for some bizarre reason.