Your Candidates Tonight

7 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Too many candidates in the Dumfries and Galloway constituency to fit in one screenshot, but the ones for the big three are:

John Cooper, CON: journo who was previously a media relations advisor to outgoing constituency MP and current Scottish Secretary Alister Jack

Tracey Little, SNP: former Lord Provost of Dumfries and been a councillor since 2017

James Wallace, LAB: not a clue, but he’s Dumfries born and bred

Current prediction is 29.8% LAB, 29.4% CON, 26.1% SNP

Not including loon ball candidates is poor form, that's what I'm here for. 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Jardine will win it, we always get a Libertarian candidate for some reason.

seems quite a few Libertarian candidates overall. US funded no doubt.  Also quite a few Reform candidates which just look like lost deposits, if they want to gather protest vote cos the torries aren't right wing enough Scotland isn't where they'll get them.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not including loon ball candidates is poor form, that's what I'm here for. 

Just for you then: 

Reform UK: a meteorologist who retired to D&G a few years ago from England and is complaining he pays too much income tax. Move back to London then wtf 

Lib Dem: councillor who thinks he has a chance bless his wee cotton socks

Green: genuinely the only detail on her profile is that she likes custard creams

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Drew Hendry seems to be fairly dull & competent, but he's almost certainly going to lose to the millionaire Lib Dem. I know people who have had dealings with Macdonald as a Cllr and apparently he is a complete thicko.

image.thumb.png.7899f50776823a249bce0e92b921326c.png

I thought Drew Hendry died, clearly not.

Was Alistair Rhind who died.

Edited by RH33

8 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I just spent ages trying to find candidates for Dundee West, but to no avail.

We are now Dundee Central. Only four candidates so far... and no tory. 

With the fucking useless Richard McCready as the Labour candidate.

8 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Looks like Dundee East (Stuart Hosie’s seat) doesn’t exist anymore. Part of it has merged with the old Dundee West and become Dundee Central. The other part has merged with part of the old Angus constituency to form “Arbroath and Broughty Ferry”. 

Hosie is retiring to Stephen Gethins is being parachuted in. 

It still covers a large part of Dundee East- the Broughty Ferry part is misleading - with parts of Dundee such as North East council area being included.

11 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

IMG_5616.thumb.png.e06e945d24d3e698f3e26134bfa83ed7.png

Laird's the leader of the get aff my lawn mob which probably explains it.

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Laird's the leader of the get aff my lawn mob which probably explains it.

I read an interview with him recently, and he comes across as a complete fucking moron.

Which isn’t remotely surprising. 

On 27/05/2024 at 13:12, Salvo Montalbano said:

Apparently my choices are: 

Screenshot_20240527_125744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e48029d880f8a9d991edd99dbcd3e2dc.jpg

I thought that might have been former East Fife player Ryan Blackadder. Are syrups/hairweives green? 

ryanblackadder.jpg.5e832c79e911db5475144f41fb98b4c8.jpg

14 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

IMG_5616.thumb.png.e06e945d24d3e698f3e26134bfa83ed7.png

There's a Michael Banks who is a referee. But who knows?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Whilst looking at that I see there is a story from a few years ago about Pat McFadden claiming rent for the constituency house he was staying in, whilst owning the house next door that he was renting out. Apparently, he had been staying in his own house but when expense rules were changed to stop paying mortgage interest, be moved out and started renting the house next door so he could claim the rent on expenses, whilst then renting out his own house. All above board apparently.

I don’t know how accurate the story is since it looks like mainly the Mail/Telegraph/Express/Times reported.

On 27/05/2024 at 22:36, parsforlife said:

Having never heard of pena I did a quick google.   This is the first thing that turned up.

A graphic of Dan Peña on a horse. Dan Peña is the owner of Guthrie Castle in Angus.

WTF is that?

Note, this isn't a caricature,  this I something pena got A.I created, thought he looked the bollocks in and made it the first image to be seen in an article he wrote and paid the courier to publish. 

Looks like if I'd tried to create Ray Wilkins in Elden Ring.

On 27/05/2024 at 12:43, BFTD said:

Tauqeer in denial about how things are going for him on the follicle front.

I'm afraid you've no choice but to vote for the Tory m9, although I'm not convinced he isn't AI generated.

I've got another 'choice'.

The Scottish Family Party have a candidate now. I'm sure he won't be a wrong un.

image.thumb.png.4ea23a82c1d17dd3e52d8d21553bb158.png

21 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I've got another 'choice'.

The Scottish Family Party have a candidate now. I'm sure he won't be a wrong un.

image.thumb.png.4ea23a82c1d17dd3e52d8d21553bb158.png

I just took a look at their Facebook page. Whoo baby. I didn't expect to read a religious party arguing for sexuality as a fluid spectrum today.

(not as wholesome as it sounds; it's proof that they should be allowed to run indoctrination camps for the gays, apparently)

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I just took a look at their Facebook page. Whoo baby. I didn't expect to read a religious party arguing for sexuality as a fluid spectrum today.

(not as wholesome as it sounds; it's proof that they should be allowed to run indoctrination camps for the gays, apparently)

Unfortunately I'm not on facebook. I'm only 56. Facebook's for old folk. 😃

38 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I hate the term"boomer", not because of its stereotyping a whole age group, but because it's more imported American shite.

It’s a convenient handle, like ‘Funster’.