Scottish Cup 2024/25

Linlithgow Rose 3 - 1 Lossiemouth 

Pretty comfortable in the end. Lossie missed a sitter to take the lead before the home side immediately went up the other end to score. Had been fairly even up until then, but Linlithgow worth the win. Lossie didn't really help themselves with defensive mistakes for goals 2 and 3.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

No motivation for the trip to Peterhead today so popped along to Shire V Lochee United. Anticipating a tough game for shire and a possible shock (if it would even count as such).

I knew Shire had hit hard times but getting knocked out the cup by Lochee United and it not even being much of a shock is surely a new low.

38 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I knew Shire had hit hard times but getting knocked out the cup by Lochee United and it not even being much of a shock is surely a new low.

Shire have been toiling towards the bottom of the lowland league for a couple of seasons now and seems only a matter of time until they sink further. Their best player today was Mark Docherty who must be almost 40. Didn’t know a great deal about lochee before hand but thought they would give shire a game. Bobby linn with the winner too.

Edited by Clyde01

Scottish Gas Men's Scottish Cup First Round Results 

Albion Rovers 1-2 Auchinleck Talbot
Berwick Rangers 4-2 Cupar Hearts
Brechin City 1-0 Newtongrange Star
Broomhill 0-1 Turriff United
Brora Rangers 2-1 Cumnock Juniors
Buckie Thistle 2-1 Carluke Rovers
Burntisland Shipyard 1-4 Irvine Meadow XI
Clachnacuddin 3-1 Nairn County
Clydebank 3-1 Girvan
Cowdenbeath 3-2 Rutherglen Glencairn
Cumbernauld Colts 0-3 Civil Service Strollers
Dalkeith Thistle 0-4 Broxburn Athletic
Deveronvale 1-4 Bo’ness United
Dunbar United 1-4 Bo’ness Athletic
Dundee North End 4-0 Tranent
Dundonald Bluebell 1-1 (extra time) Inverurie Loco Works
East Kilbride 2-0 Gretna 2008
East Stirlingshire 2-3 Lochee United
Formartine United 2-0 Whitehill Welfare
Forres Mechanics 1-2 Jeanfield Swifts
Fraserburgh 8-0 Rothes
Gala Fairydean Rovers 0-1 Banks O’Dee
Huntly 2-2 (extra-time) Wick Academy
Keith 1-1 (extra-time) Camelon Juniors
Linlithgow Rose 3-1 Lossiemouth
Musselburgh Athletic 0-0 (extra-time) Darvel
Strathspey Thistle 0-6 Sauchie Juniors
Threave Rovers 6-1 Vale of Leithen
Tynecastle 2-3 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
University of Stirling 0-2 Caledonian Braves

A few games have gone into extra time.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

It’s hard to know what type of lineups sides put out, but that appears to be a very poor result for Tranent, even if DNE are doing well this season. Wouldn’t say there’s a whole lot of shocks in there though, aside from a few sides maybe not winning as well as they should.

Edited by Sir Tarmo

Medda were not great.
Shippy were awful.
So Medda won 4-1 on account of actually having some shots.
Most exciting parts of game were...
1. The only match ball that came out changing rooms getting stuck up a tree
2. The ball going out of play and a wee boy no giving it back
3. The Shippy keeper showing an awful first touch which resulted in an awful tackle and got booked!

27 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Shire 3 places ahead of Lochee in the Pyramid - not a shock.

The only shock was, yet again, how utterly shite Shire are under Scullion (who should be sacked by now). That Lochee ended up only winning by 1 against 10 men whose best player was their 90 year old left back and whose second best player was sent off is the real shocker

Thought Lochee were by far the better team across the 90 minutes but they just couldn't score the appropriate goals in relation to their possession. 

Cracker of a winner from the Bobby Linn but the Shire goals were one that I thought was a fluke into the back post and a piece of terrible defending from United. 

#Scullionout!

Clydebank 3 ( Grant 31 mins , Gallacher 51 mins , Samson 78 mins)

Girvan 1 ( penalty 30 mins) 

Bankies made heavy weather of it today against a team we were probably expected to beat comfortably 

The visitors edged ahead from the penalty spot - stonewaller- no arguments 

Bankies equalised immediately through Jimmy Grant

We were better second half - Lee Gallacher put us ahead after good work by Dean Cairns and Keir Samson and Samson sealed it with about 10 to go glancing home a header from Grant’s cross

Not the best we have played this season but big credit to Girvan who battled hard throughout. Nicky Low awarded MOTM by the sponsors but thought Jimmy Grant was best for Bankies today 

Comfortably through in the end and a few favourable league results elsewhere made it a good day all round 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

11 of 18 through from the Highland League. HibeeJibee’s Highland Clearances Christmas message will be late this year, one assumes. 

He was so happy when the North Caley and North Juniors teams were “wiped out”

Brora Rangers 2 Cumnock 1.

- Kick off. Nothing else happened. HT.

- Switch ends, notice the guy sitting on top of the primary school gates in a yoga pose. Four cars parked up, occupants peering over mistaking this for a drive-in cinema. (Tightest people you could ever meet.)

- Dodgy penalty 1-0. Against run of play. 

- Cumnock shot off crossbar bouncing eight feet over the line. No goal.

- Series of questionable refereeing decisions.

- Cumnock manager sent off.

- World class free kick into top corner. 1-1.

- 92nd minute winner from a player who was playing in the Championship last year. 2-1.

- Cumnock coach sent off…

Is how the Cumnock crowd might have read today’s events. 

Brora probably saw it as a routine 2-1 against stuffy opponents.

The truth is doubtless somewhere in the middle.

All said, this was a brilliant day out. From the welcome we had at Brora this morning, the quality lunch, the wander around Helmsdale, the kick about on the pitch at Helmsdale, the beaches and the brochs, the whisky distillery. The pints back in Golspie once the car was abandoned.

It’s my favourite day of the football calendar and I’m delighted with my choice of game.

Cumnock out, Midlothian non-league teams all out. Roll on next year! There’s always next year.

IMG_2927.jpeg

IMG_2932.jpeg

IMG_2934.jpeg

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hedgecutter tells me you were staying above a hairdresser? It's hard to find anywhere to stay at a reasonable price in either Golspie or Brora, last time I was really lucky to get a cheap deal at the Royal Marine in Brora, normally hugely pricey but it's magnificent inside, they've done a cracking job doing it up, no tartan carpets or wallpaper in sight. It's normally over £200 a night so I doubt I'll be back sadly. I used to stay at the Sutherland in Brora but that's gone to over a ton a night for a very ordinary single room.

Yes indeed, I had a wee permanent wave applied this morning!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

11 of 18 through from the Highland League. HibeeJibee’s Highland Clearances Christmas message will be late this year, one assumes. 

Tbh that was undeniable last season too (when more HL than LL reached R2 for first time since 2015)... infact identical breakdown.

Indeed providing 13 of 30 winners (43%) also northerly pyramid's best performance since 2019 (45%).

18944137.jpg

R2:

SPFL2 (10)     Bonnyrigg, Clyde, East Fife, Edinburgh City, Elgin, Forfar, Peterhead, Stirling Albion, Spartans, Stranraer
Lowland (8)     Berwick, Bo'ness Utd, Broxburn, Caledonian Braves, Civil SS, Cowdenbeath, East Kilbride, Linlithgow
Highland (11)     Banks o'Dee, Brechin, Brora, Buckie, ClachnacuddinFormartine, Fraserburgh, Huntly, Inverurie, Keith, Turriff
East of Scotland (5)
     Premier Division (4)     Hill of Beath, Jeanfield, Musselburgh, Sauchie
     First Division (1)     Bo'ness Athletic
West of Scotland (4)
     Premier Division (2)     Auchinleck, Clydebank
     First Division (1)     Irvine Meadow
     Third Division (1)     Threave
Midland Juniors (2)     Dundee North End, Lochee Utd