Germany - Scotland

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We're chasing shadows. 

It's like watching a bunch of fat c***s get skipped by with the one player with quick feet at 5s.

Yes, I am talking from experience.

I assume you are one of the fat c***s?

Just now, PauloPerth said:

You can’t handle the truth fanny baws.

We’ve been shocking. They’re a far better side, but we’re capable of better than this and have completely froze.

Losing a goal in the first 10 minutes and then shitting the bed thereafter against world class opposition has happened to better teams than us. 

It's shite but it's not San Marino-esque as was stated.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I assume you are one of the fat c***s?

I'm usually in the goal so I don't want to shit on the fat c***s too much! 

3 minutes ago, S7C said:

If that were true football would be predictable and the favourites would romp every single game.

They don't. I don't even care that Germany are winning - that's not the issue. It's the lack of anything. There's nothing in that first half to look positively on.

Well no it wouldn't because the favourites don't always play to anywhere near the sum of their parts. This evening, they are, and no amount of pashun would stop an even bigger bleaching as their front four waltz into even larger empty spaces. 

You can vent to your heart's content - that's understandable enough - but there's no actual substantial alternative. 

Germany have absolutely turned up tonight and want it and we cannot handle them.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's undeniable that Scotland's tactical plan has unravelled badly after the shite keeper contributed to the first goal. But actually envoking this pashun and 'having a go' approach from the start would have had Germany 6-0 up already though.

It's birthday caird pish in this context. 

At least birthday caird pish would be an improvement on commiserations caird pish, which is exactly what we deserved for standing watching them stroll through us.

Aye going full on aggressive pressing against a side with Toni Kroos, while your defence contains Ralston, Porteous, and Hendry, would be suicide. He'd pick you apart within breaking sweat.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This is like attack vs defence in a training match.

It's relentless.

Yep this will just be bodies everywhere in the last 30 yards to stop it being 5.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Losing a goal in the first 10 minutes and then shitting the bed thereafter against world class opposition has happened to better teams than us. 

It's shite but it's not San Marino-esque as was stated.

I don't know. I suspect San Marino might at least have managed an attempt at goal.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The tinny, lone bagpiper is reminding me of that England c**t with the trumpet.

It’s quite fitting tbf. A sombre tune to match the performance.

I really, really wish that every time Gunn gets a hand or leg to something, he'd stop meekly playing it back across the centre of the goal rolling about the 6 yard box.

I mean it's better than meekly palming it into the goal but not by much.