Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

Just now, pub car king said:

You can see why Clarke kept it tight for so long because they cut us open time and again.

We had to go for it but we lacked quality up front or in defence. 

Absolute shite ref didn't help either. 

Going forward Clarke needs to find a plan B because we're set up not to concede goals and we haven't even managed that. 

We have not learned  single thing from the last Euros and have gone out again in almost the same fashion. 

Well arguably if you have a plan to attack early on it wouldn't involve Kenny McLean playing left back.

That was a gutless set up from Clarke. I could forgive it if it were another glorious failure and we’d had a real go only to lose unluckily, but that was so negative it’s left me angry. Every ball backwards. One shot attempt in 90 mins.

As I said before, at what point do we not become obsessed by the mere idea of reaching a tournament and actually have a go when we’re there? It’s pointless turning up if this is what we do there. Borderline embarrassing.

I really hope we don't hear sob stories about that penalty for ages. We're out because we were shite, not because we didn't get a penalty. The way we played tonight we'd have blootered it over the bar anyway. 

Edited by Coooombe

Just now, pub car king said:

You can see why Clarke kept it tight for so long because they cut us open time and again.

Going forward Clarke needs to find a plan B because we're set up not to concede goals and we haven't even managed that. 

We have not learned  single thing from the last Euros and have gone out again in almost the same fashion. 

And yet at no time during that game - goal excluded obviously - did we look really susceptible at all.  Even the much maligned Ralston looked comfortable.  If anything our slow pace on absolutely everything was what made us look in any way vulnerable.

For me, Jack Hendry was immense by the way.  Someone who's had a bit of stick in the past, but was by far and away best of the defenders for me.

25 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

I would love the SFA to spend some cash and ask Moyes.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Feck me, Moyes is a more desperate shout than McInnes 

Wasn't a penalty anyway imo. 

Have to agree with Willie Miller for once. World of a difference between controlling a game and just having loads of the ball. We are so so boring. Completely toothless and inept in the final third.

We're the worst side in this competition.  

20 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Except that we haven't qualified for any tournaments until Clarke came along. Yes he's been too negative tonight, but FFS how quickly can you forgot how much progress there's been under him from where we were?

No point in you chatting up a lass who is way out your league who finally decides, yeah she would like to come back to your place tonight.

Only for you to fail to get it up and shite yourself when you see her in all her glory.

Edited by RedLichtie86

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

They cut us open because Clarke’s idea of attacking is just flinging everyone in the box and flinging the ball in. 

If he actually knew how to coach an attack and have some patterns of play to get us forward and into the final third we wouldn’t have to basically try play for a 0-0 and try and steal a goal at the end. 

It’s football that’s several decades out of date. 

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

No point in you chatting up a lass who is way out your league who finally decides, yeah she would like to come back to your place tonight.

Only for you to fail to get it up and shite yourself when you she her in all her glory.

Bad weekend m8?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Nah, I’ve watched every game so far and the Scottish players are miles off it ability wise.

We wouldnt have gotten this far if that was the case. 

I could’ve had my view obscured from the stadium, but how has no player taken one for the team on the half way line in the run up to their goal. Just allowed them to breeze past us at ease with a tap in at the back post. 

No sure what to make of that. Ultimately, we got what we deserved for being so fucking defensive. Pure, distilled Scotland at the end there.