Stonehenge is Scottish

The most famous Neolithic monument on earth, Stonehenge, contains stones from Scotland, research has shown.

Geological analysis has shown that the altar stone at the structure, previously thought to come from Wales, was actually quarried from the Orcadian basin, somewhere in the north of Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c207lqdn755o

It's been known for many years that the Wiltshire site featured material from all around Britain, as well as the fact that some of the people found buried nearby were from continental Europe.  This is the first time an actual stone from Scotland has been confirmed as having been part of the site at Stonehenge.

What do P&Bers think Stonehenge is for?  Why was it built and by who?

How should Scotland react to this? 

Should we now invade ENgland and crown our kind in the middle of the henge during a full moon and reclaim the old ways of paganism, plunder and Neolithic glory?

Having had to commute past that gullible tourist magnet regularly in the past few years, I'd say Stonehenge was designed solely to piss me off. The amount of day-tripping rubberneckers who dawdle past that fabricated monument, on the A303, is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

There already is one, how do you think it got there. 

The original tunnel goes from Scotland to Stonehenge. I mean build a tunnel that goes the other way. 

I absolutely cannot read/hear Stonehenge without following it with, "...WHERE THE DEMONS DWELL, WHERE THE BANSHEES LIVE AND THEY DO LIVE WELL!"

England's welcome to it, on the proviso that everyone has to pronounce it like Nigel Tufnel.

Off to pitch a movie idea to Netflix about the elite Mcglashan Battalion caught behind enemy lines trying to liberate the stone and return it to it's rightful home.

Really happy that I was too young to see this Black Sabbath era...

stonehenge.jpg?ssl=1

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just build our own henge. Ten years late, 20 million over budget, end up getting a cheaper Turkish henge.

Troonhenge?

Edit: Sconehenge just seems a little too on-the-nose.

Edited by BFTD