Affairs

BukyOHare

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

If someone knowingly gets involved with a married person (particularly if they have a family) then it's shitty behaviour IMO. They're bound to know it'll be devastating when it comes out. The free-agent argument doesn't wash with me. 

It's not an "argument", its a fact

If you make a commitment to someone, then it's up to you to honour that commitment, police your behaviour, and make appropriate decisions. It's not up to 3rd parties to police your behaviour for you, and they've made no commitments at all to anybody.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's not an "argument", its a fact

If you make a commitment to someone, then it's up to you to honour that commitment, police your behaviour, and make appropriate decisions. It's not up to 3rd parties to police your behaviour for you, and they've made no commitments at all to anybody.

Of course. But to get involved with someone you know has a partner and kids is still shitty behaviour.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is precisely how the children of Boomers wedding's work.

There was a Funeral Director at mine. Not that strange I suppose, they are just people after all, and they have lives, children etc. What was odd about this is I'd never met the guy, he was no relation to anyone there, neither me nor the missus invited him, and it turns out he was only there because he'd done the funeral of one of the in-laws' relatives and made such a "nice" job of it they felt it would be rude no to "return the favour". 😐

There were also random farmers I'd never met, who made a point of coming up to explain to me that the reason they were all bailing at 6pm wasn't the food, company, or entertainment, but that they still had sheep and coos to feed that meant getting up at 4am 🤦‍♂️

I thought you were going to say they were bailing because they had to get up to do some baleing 

19 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Knew a guy up north who was cheating on his then-girlfriend with her 'identical' twin sister (very similar, but you tell one from the other fairly instantly) who came up to do some seasonal work as a barmaid with her.

They got rumbled rather quickly in a village rammed with Isa Drennan-like gossips, but the guy genuinely tried to play the whole "I thought she was you" card.  The thing was, he was the village idiot and so there's always that chance he was telling the truth.  There was only one sister on the bar after that.

I vaguely remember a series about these girls. They had seperate boyfriends which was just a mind blowing concept.

conjoined-twins-abby-and-brittany-today-1642777922068.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I vaguely remember a series about these girls. They had seperate boyfriends which was just a mind blowing concept.

conjoined-twins-abby-and-brittany-today-1642777922068.jpeg

Someone's going to be disappointed when they reply to "young, blonde twin sisters seek threesome..."

17 hours ago, Ross. said:

I once went home with a girl who told me quite matter of fact that she would only give me a handjob because she didn’t want to cheat on her boyfriend. This conversation was after getting back to mines. 

You'd have settled for that if you'd thought about it before you went out.

I've been cheated on and I've been the person who has been the bit on the side but I've never cheated myself.

I have felt bad being the bit on the side but have always managed to justify it to myself. It's never been with someone married though, just in a relationship.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I have felt bad being the bit on the side but have always managed to justify it to myself. It's never been with someone married though, just in a relationship.

Aye. Yer hole’s yer hole after all.  

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'd have settled for that if you'd thought about it before you went out.

I settled for that after thinking about it at the time.

I've had one girlfriend that cheated on me (well at least that I'm aware of). She done it twice, both times with pals of mine. There were warning signs but I passed over them as I was getting my end away. I feel I've been a pretty good judge of character since. 

Couldn't do it to someone else. So much unnecessary pain caused by something that could be solved with a conversation. 

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've had one girlfriend that cheated on me (well at least that I'm aware of). She done it twice, both times with pals of mine. There were warning signs but I passed over them as I was getting my end away. I feel I've been a pretty good judge of character since. 

Couldn't do it to someone else. So much unnecessary pain caused by something that could be solved with a conversation. 

Hopefully ex-pals now