Steelmen v Terrors Friday 20 September 19.45

23 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I've no idea why we started so cautiously, equally bemusing is Moult not starting for united (unless he's not fit), he made them a much better side immediately.

I think his knees are held together with elastic bands and blu tac. He’d struggle to give them more then a half. 

Absolutely buzzing, Fir Park was bouncing at the end.

Thought it was a good cup tie. Utd slightly edged the first half IMO but found themselves behind after a belter from Robinson. He certainly enjoyed it too, was celebrating right in front of us in the PoD.

Second half I thought we were the better team by a far bit bar a 10 minute spell when Moult and Dalby caused us a fair few problems and tbf Oxborough makes a great save from Dalby before Moult scored. Had to be him didn't it.

Was the far end of the pitch from us for the penalty so didn't have a great view but couldn't believe a defender was going to ground like that in the box in injury time, absolutely madness. Miller deserved his goal though and think everyone knew the pen was going in as soon as he picked up the ball. He's absolute class and has such incredible composure for his age.

Miller was stand out but would also give good marks for Robinson who lead the line well and took his goal superbly and Paul McGinn who I thought was absolutely excellent.

A stange old game.

i thought we were brutal for almost all the first half right until we scored.

Then we had a few chances to get a second and didn't take them and Utd startd bossing it. Kettlewell was letting the game slip away and a couple of good saves and challenges kept our lead. Then some strike from Moult. Honestly it was the ideal time for us to concede. I was not looking forward to sitting in for the last 15 minutes and defending a slim lead.. We started playing football again once we were level.

Stone wall penalty and cool as you like from Miller.

End of the day the ideal outcome. Motherwell through,  Miller winning goal, saw a belter from Moult and Goodwin defeated.

42 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Was it Miller's pass that set up the penalty?

Regardless, he just gets better and better. He hardly makes a wrong decision

Very cool to have him pick up the ball and absolutely know he was going to bury it.

Also, Ross Docherty :lol:

If you deleted the first 45 mins from your memory and started from the minute the first goal went in, it was a good open cup tie - but that first half man. We didn't start great and looked really tentative - passing was abysmal, which was all the more annoying as one of the best passers of the ball in the league was twiddling his thumbs further up the pitch watching balls being shelled over the top.

Moult scoring a Moult goal was crushingly inevitable - but I'm genuinely impressed that we didn't allow that to put us off our stride - we were immediately back on the front foot and were pushing for the winner and that shows something good about the team I think.

I don't know what I'd want to see again first - Moses wee dribble for the penalty or Zach Robinson putting Sibbald on his arse with a brilliant trick. Subs were made at a good time for us - and everyone that came on made a decent contribution.

To win a tight game like that in front of a bigger crowd is really satisfying - great support down from Dundee BTW - hopefully at least some of the extra home support are back next Saturday to see KVV score a KVV goal (and another Motherwell win).

PS - no VAR was f**king glorious.

First half was very cagey.

Yinited played better football without really hurting us, but we looked dangerous at set plays and managed to get the goal.

Second half we were much better and should have been out of sight before Yinited got back in it.

After that it was end to end stuff and really pleased we got the deciding goal at the end.

Really good cup tie. Very good attendance from both supports.

Bring on the Rainjurs!

17 hours ago, ropy said:

I will be somewhere between Split and Venice in the Adriatic Sea with no WiFi so please be as fulsome in your descriptions of the twists, turns and emotions of the match in this thread so that I can catch up when I am able.

A simple Goodwin must go would be a sufficient summary.

Good morning everyone.

3 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Who was on commentary from Premier Sports/did they genuinely use the Motherwell TV people?

As others have said, when any match has been shown via the Premier Sports stream, and not a main match on one of their channels, they have been using the home team's commentary team.