Raith Rovers v falkirk

9 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

At the risk of bringing up crowd size with Falkirk fans I was expecting 2k+ of a travelling support. Early days still so might be around that. 

Dunfermline last time at Starks was honking 1300 or so iirc. We had done them dry several times by that point TBF.

Partick are usually good for a 1000 on a Saturday afternoon so just thought Falkirks first time in Kirkcaldy for a while and current form would see big numbers.

Tbf, our last home game was now over a month ago against Partick and this will be our fifth away game on the bounce. It's not even a partisan point to suggest that there will have been some folk who have had to pick and choose what games they wanted to go over the last month. Obviously still think we'll bring decent numbers due to our form but perhaps not as many as if it had been a 'normal' run of fixtures.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm sure you will by the weekend, but a 5th away game in a row is absolutely brutal on the wallet!

Fair. It’s an expensive pursuit going home and away.

For those not attending Raiths streaming service is regarded by most as being the best about at this level. 

In all honesty, if crowd numbers were a leveller, Falkirk should be in the top division.  

The proverbial sleeping 'giant', if mid table Prem is classed as giant.

This game I'm dreading.  Baldy b*****d returns to Starks.  We started looking the part on Saturday, but still gifting stupid goals.

Falkirk being like a Raith former X1.

I'll take a point from this right now.

13 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You started off with circa 600k of extra prize money this season and have a board happy to invest I would think you have a substantially bigger budget than us. 2 and  3 year deals to guys dropping down from  Hibs won't be cheap.

The 3 year deals probably make the per annum bill cheaper to be fair. There is not a hope in hell our playing budget is £600k more than Falkirk's. 

Anyway, it's a bit of a side argument. Both appear to be pretty well run clubs off the pitch at the minute and despite the evidence otherwise, I actually think we have a pretty strong squad. 

Confidence is a huge thing though and currently Falkirk have shit tonnes of it and we have practically none. 

Didn't actually realise that your run of away games was so long, yip that definitely hits the wallet and it's shite fans have to pick and choose games. I still expect a pretty sizeable away crowd and there to be a great atmosphere at the game. 

Still shiting it though.

15 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Freeman was the only right back until Dabo came in, you do understand the old cliche of having two players for every position right? I'm sure even Falkirk have that setup? Jamieson wasn't brought in to be a striker, he's a wide forward/winger. 

We've got a squad of 24 and another out on loan. Your squad according to transfermarkt is at 23 plus I think a handful of young lads that probably aren't listed on there. We've also got some long term injuries in our number. Another forward on loan would be good.

Strange way to announce him then.

We've got a squad of 21 senior players(with only 1 loan in Luke Graham) and 6 modern apprentices. 

29 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

In all honesty, if crowd numbers were a leveller, Falkirk should be in the top division.  

This game I'm dreading.  Baldy b*****d returns to Starks.  We started looking the part on Saturday, but still gifting stupid goals.

The return of said baldy b*****d and Raith Rovers former XI means I’m dreading this game also! Comforting that we’re both dreading the game for the same reasons I guess. As for gifting stupid goals…

Edited by Enigma

36 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Strange way to announce him then.

We've got a squad of 21 senior players(with only 1 loan in Luke Graham) and 6 modern apprentices. 

Indeed it was, as he's never really played as an out and out striker for us since signing.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Certainly giant when compared to our recent spell of mid table League One.

4 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Everything is relative.

I remember when Jim Gannon was manager of Motherwell in 2009 he observed that the Scottish Premiership was quite unique in that the clubs therein were so varied in size. He said that there were 2 English Premiership sized clubs in Sellick and Sevco, 4 English Championship sized clubs in Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United, 4 English League One sized clubs in Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St. Mirren and 2 English League 2 sized clubs in St. Johnstone and Hamilton Accies.

So, are we a sleeping giant? Of course not.  Are we one of the best supported provincial clubs in Scotland? Absolutely.

For the Stattos, with 3 days left till the game...

In the match prediction thread 57% of posters have predicted that Falkirk will not win on Saturday. And no, not all of those are Raith fans. Sample size 28.

In terms of crowd self gratification, Falkirk have sold just over 700 tickets to date, not bad, as others have said, given we have now had 5 away games on the trot and there are still 3 days to go.

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

For the Stattos, with 3 days left till the game...

In the match prediction thread 57% of posters have predicted that Falkirk will not win on Saturday. And no, not all of those are Raith fans. Sample size 28.

In terms of crowd self gratification, Falkirk have sold just over 700 tickets to date, not bad, as others have said, given we have now had 5 away games on the trot and there are still 3 days to go.

A lot will make a decision on the day IMO, pending weather / other commitments ect. 

Would happily take a draw here.

Despite their sluggish start and injury problems Raith undoubtedly have one of the strongest squads in the league. This game will be up there with our toughest tests this season - along with the away trips to Partick, Ayr & Livingston 

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would happily take a draw here.

Despite their sluggish start and injury problems Raith undoubtedly have one of the strongest squads in the league. This game will be up there with our toughest tests this season - along with the away trips to Partick, Ayr & Livingston 

Can we just agree to share the points now?

I’m really not getting the weariness of this fixture in the eyes of Falkirk fans, we do have a decent squad but we have zero confidence. Vaughan and Stanton will be out, Brown and Fordyce, if they do feature, will be making their first appearances in weeks. You went toe to toe with Celtic last weekend, we conspired to draw with a rank rotten Hamilton side. If you’re on top form, which you have been, you should be blowing us away.

Edited by Enigma

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Can we just agree to share the points now?

I’m really not getting the weariness of this fixture in the eyes of Falkirk fans, we do have a decent squad but we have zero confidence. Vaughan and Stanton will be out, Brown and Fordyce, if they do feature, will be making their first appearances in weeks. You went toe to toe with Celtic last weekend, we conspired to draw with a rank rotten Hamilton side. If you’re on top form, which you have been, you should be blowing us away.

Confidence changes after one result

7 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Confidence changes after one result

I’m not sure it’s as simple as that. I remember when we lost to Celtic under mcglynn in 2022 we used the performance as a bit of a motivator which led to a 15 game unbeaten run. You’ve not lost in 44 games or something, I just can’t see that changing, especially when we can’t even see out a win against a dreadful Hamilton side.

The way the bookies have priced up this game tells you all you need to know about our respective chances.

Edited by Enigma

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’m not sure it’s as simple as that. I remember when we lost to Celtic under mcglynn in 2022 we used the performance as a bit of a motivator which led to a 15 game unbeaten run. You’ve not lost in 44 games or something, I just can’t see that changing, especially when we can’t even see out a win against a dreadful Hamilton side.

The way the bookies have priced up this game tells you all you need to know about our respective chances.

I more meant for you guys, a win at any point could massively improve a teams confidence, especially one on a bad run.

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

I more meant for you guys, a win at any point could massively improve a teams confidence, especially one on a bad run.

We’ll have to hope so! We need a boost.